Bath Travel Answers

change location
londonlover's Profile Photo

Staying along the Kennet and Avon Canal in Bath

by londonlover Online Now Mar 22, 2007 at 10:23 PM

Hello again all,

I'm trying to decide on a special B&B in Bath for my September stay. I have it narrowed down to three places: Villa Magdala adjoining Henrietta Park, Ayrlington House on Pulteney Road, and Tolley Cottage along the Kennet and Avon Canal. I've found plenty of reviews on tripadvisor.com of the first two places (good and lukewarm), but I can't find anybody who's stayed at Tolley Cottage (http://tolleycottage.co.uk). It looks adorable, but I don't know whether staying in a B&B overlooking the canal is desirable compared to the other options. Is the canal at all neglected/dirty? Its location from the center of town isn't far, but I wish I had a review or two of the cottage and/or that area of town. I can't find another inn that is in that same area along the canal.

Any suggestions or advice? Thanks!

Quote & Answer
1 Answer
  • leics's Profile Photo

RE: Staying along the Kennet and Avon Canal in Bath

by leics Online Now Mar 23, 2007 at 12:16 AM

I know nothing specific about this b&b, except that it looks very pleasant indeed (and has been 'recommended' by various sites, which is a good indicator). I suspect any canal passing through any part of central Bath will be extremely well cared-for (and the Kennet and Avon is a popular boating canal anyway, so it will be well-maintained), because the town benefits greatly from tourism. Don't think you need to be concerned, but maybe a Bath Vter can shed some more light.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines