Batangas Travel Answers

change location
ohyes's Profile Photo

Manila to Puerto Galera

by ohyes Online Now Jul 1, 2003 at 12:08 AM

What are the best (not cheapest) and safest travel arrangements from Manila airport to Puerto Galera. I am travelling with a female companion (American). I would like most reliable travel/taxi service and information about the best ferries to take. Any other advice?

Quote & Answer
1 Answer
  • RE: Manila to Puerto Galera

by Bakekang Online Now Apr 8, 2006 at 11:57 AM

Hi. I guess the best (although not really the cheapest) way to get from Manila to Puerto Galera is to get a taxi from one of the hotels in Manila. They, for sure, will have transportation services. This is safe as well as you know who to contact in case there'd be any problems. The taxi, of course, will only take you as far as the Batangas Pier where you will get a ticket from the Calapan/Puerto Galera ticketing office. There are many selections of outrigger services...but the last time I went to P.G., it cost me Php120 plus Php10 terminal fee. Now if you and/or your friend are the adventurous types, then you can just take a bus (Batangas City/Pier) from the bus terminal in Buendia, Makati. It's last stop will be at the Batangas Pier. Bus fare would just be about Php150/head and without too much traffic, it will take you approximately 3 hours to reach Batangas. the trip from batangas to P.G. lasts about 45mins-1.5 hours...not at all bad. And of course, everything depends on where exactly in P.G. you will be going. La Laguna, Small La Laguna, and white Beach are quite good...but if you have deep pockets and really like an exclusive resort, then Coco Beach is recommended. Have fun!!

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near Batangas