Batad Travel Answers

change location

Sagada to Batad

by puffyjoey Online Now Mar 15, 2007 at 7:10 AM

Can anyone pls help me. I will be in Sagada From April 5 to 7 and i want to visit batad after. my only problem is that im on tight schedule and i need to be back in manila on april 9. my questions are as follows:

1. How do i get to batad from sagada?
2. Lets say i leave sagada at around 6 am on april 8, what time will i arrive in batad?
3. do i need a guide to visit tappia falls and batad rice terraces? how long does it take to cover this tour?
3. where is the terminal bound to manila located? and what time is the last trip?

thank you in advance

Quote & Answer
6 Answers
  • RE: RE: RE: Sagada to Batad

by puffyjoey Online Now Mar 15, 2007 at 11:46 PM

Hi Ichurya-a!

thank you for your immediate response. im not aware of the festival so thank you for informing me about it. ill try my best to stay on bontoc for the festival but my friends will have to pass (too bad for them). they have to be in manila on april 9. i have a follow-up question. if we will be arriving in batad at 12nn, can we visit tappia falls and be back in banaue on time to catch the last trip back to manila? how long is the trek time to and from tappia falls back to batad?

thank you again.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • victorcklau's Profile Photo

RE: RE: Sagada to Batad

by victorcklau Online Now Mar 16, 2007 at 8:35 AM

You can probably make it in another 30-40 minutes as I presume that you are fit and in good shape. I took 52 minutes though (almost 60 years old, man !!) This is one way.

One wild card you have to be careful is that jeepneys from Bontoc to Sagada usually does not leave on time.

I do believe you will have time to make Batad and Tappiya Falls. I assume you should arrive in Banaue around 8:00-8:30am and I also assume you will go straight to the drop off point (how about your breakfast ?). 5 hours should be more than enough for you, but you should have a guide as that will save you a lot of time (and this you do not have). I think the Autobus leaves at 5:30pm but I cannot be sure but you MUST buy your ticket (Banaue to Manila) as soon as you arrive as the Autobus fills up pretty fast. If the autobus "table" is vacant, just call for the lady manning the provision/coffee shop there - she sells the bus ticket.

• RE: RE: Sagada to Batad

by puffyjoey Online Now Mar 16, 2007 at 11:06 PM

thank you ichurya-a and sir victorcklau!

• rae_pinioco's Profile Photo

by rae_pinioco Online Now Mar 16, 2007 at 11:26 PM

hi puffyjoey!

if you leave sagada for bontoc at 6am, you arrive in bontoc at 7. now, assuming the jeep to banaue you ride leaves immediately (i waited an hour before), you get to banaue by 10 or 11. Hire a tricycle to go to batad (I paid 500 before, but you can make tawad) and tell him that you're going to go balikan in batad so he MUST wait for you. Tell the manong driver that you have to go Get your ticket back to manila first (try florida bus lines at the banaue hotel because they might leave later than autobus) before you proceed to batad. It'll be another hour of bumpy roads before you get to the foot of the MOUNTAIN going up to batad. You have to hike up the mountain and then down again to the main village. You can get a guide to the falls for 400 (call my friend Pio Mannod at 09057902875). Just get a guide na lang para mabilis yung hike mo to and from the falls. He can help you bring your stuff pa (or maybe you can leave most of your stuff at the bus station in banaue). Tapos you get to walk amidst the terraces on the way to the falls! I'm telling you, this will be one hell of a hiking trip if you wish to do it all in one day. Ako, I just gave up trying to make habol my schedule and stayed overnight in batad. sulit naman kasi it's BEAUTIFUL in Batad! considering that you're going to be doing some hiking in Sagada also, baka masyado nang masakit yung body mo to do batad in one day. But, a lot of people do batad in a few hours naman so I hope you do some cardio and nordictrack work before this vacation hehe.

good luck! and remember to bring some dust-protection equipment (aka kumot at dust mask) because the roads in this area are SUPER dusty!

• RE: RE: Sagada to Batad

by puffyjoey Online Now Mar 18, 2007 at 12:32 AM

tnx alot rae pinioco! that was really a helpful information.. im thinking on staying overnight but my friends have to catch the last trip back to manila. we'll sure to call your friend pio mannod. tnx alot!

• rae_pinioco's Profile Photo

by rae_pinioco Online Now Mar 18, 2007 at 7:06 AM

hi puffyjoey!

it's my pleasure to help all batad-goers. anyway, if you plan to go overnight in batad, do stay at Ramon's Homestay for an authentic ifugao experience. You get to sleep in a native ifugao hut kaya lang there's no electricity (romantic naman pag gabi hehe). and if you want just a normal room, then stay at the batad pension. anyway, pio will tell you all about batad when you get there. i hope you enjoy it as much as i do.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines