Basque Country

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Bicycle rental

San Sebastián Jul 14, 2014 at 3:39 PM

Hi. Does anyone know if it's possible to rent 2 bicycles in Barcelona and drop them off in San Sebastian 7 days later? My friend and I are cycling the route on July 30th. Cheers.

2 Answers Jul 15, 2014 at 2:05 PM
    • Jimmgee67's Profile Photo

Renting in Bilbao

Bilbao Jul 14, 2014 at 6:38 AM

I will be arriving in Bilbao on the 21st July 14 for 2 months. I am looking to rent a 1bed appartment for that period of time and any help or advice on the subject would be much Appreciated

4 Answers Jul 14, 2014 at 12:17 PM
    • Paying tolls on motorways

San Sebastián Jul 10, 2014 at 4:58 PM

If no VIA-T sensor on windscreen, can one pay tolls using cash

6 Answers Jul 15, 2014 at 11:33 AM
    • flat and job in Bilbao

Bilbao Jun 16, 2014 at 11:06 AM

Hello , I am ukrainian, I' m going to move to Spain with my boyfriend ( he is spanish) in two weeks. 1. we are looking for a flat, but want to avoid agency, is it possible? We looking for small flat somewhere close to the metro. 2. i'm looking for a job. I have experience in furniture and machine import-export. Speak English, Russian, Ukrainian and Polish. My spanish is on basic level, unfortunately. Where can i try to find something? Any advices?

Thx in advance
      Cheers!
      Lena

4 Answers Jun 16, 2014 at 12:06 PM
    • Public transport availability : Arriving San Sebastian late night

San Sebastián Jun 9, 2014 at 9:54 PM

If I'm arriving to San Sebastian via train around mid night, will I be able to get public transport to reach hotel ? How safe will it be if I take a walk till hotel (provided the hotel is within 1Km radius) ?

2 Answers Jun 13, 2014 at 1:20 PM
    • Cheap hotels/guest houses to stay in San sebastian.

San Sebastián Jun 9, 2014 at 9:49 PM

I'll travelling to San Sebastian from during second week September and will be staying there for 3 nights. I've noticed that Irun has cheaper hotels as compared to San Sebastian. How far will this be actually ? Can you suggest me some cheap hotels or location(s) where I can find cheap hotels yet closer to San Sebastian.

7 Answers Jun 14, 2014 at 3:57 AM
    • JOBS in Bilbao!

Bilbao Jun 9, 2014 at 4:51 AM

I am a British girl moving to Bilbao in May next year. Does anyone know where I could pick up a job that doesn't involve Spanish, yet! I have expereince in admin.

4 Answers Jun 9, 2014 at 9:08 AM
    • train/bus from Biarritz to San Sabastian

San Sebastián Jun 5, 2014 at 5:45 AM

How can I travel from Biarittz to San Sebastian in June. I have no car.

4 Answers Jun 13, 2014 at 12:24 PM
    • Parking in San Sebastian

San Sebastián May 15, 2014 at 7:15 PM

Hi, my husband and I want to spend 2 nights in San Seb in early June.

I'd like to stay close to the Old Town area, but we have a car. Is it very hard to find parking? Or should we find a hotel out of the old town that has free parking? Thanks!

4 Answers May 25, 2014 at 12:09 PM
    • Traveling in May from Santiago de Compostela and Madrid

Portugalete Apr 26, 2014 at 2:52 PM

Hi,
      We are planning a trip at the end of May. Flying to Lisbon, traveling north to Santiago de Compostela and traveling our way to Madrid.
      Any towns we should visit? We are not renting a car so any advice on buses and trains would be greatly appreciated.
      thanks!!!

1 Answer Apr 29, 2014 at 10:02 AM
    • cigarettes where to buy

Bilbao Apr 12, 2014 at 12:24 PM

where to buy will be in port for one day any helppls thank you

2 Answers Apr 13, 2014 at 2:36 AM
    • Transportation for a day trip from San Sebastian to Biarritz

San Sebastián Apr 11, 2014 at 11:50 PM

Hello , we are a group of four and wish to spend the day in Biarritz departing from San Sebastian in September.
      We would like a shuttle or taxi or driver to take us there early in the morning and return us to our hotel late that same evening.
      Does anyone know if this is possible and who we can book with as we don't want to be catching a train or bus late in the evening.

2 Answers Apr 12, 2014 at 9:36 AM
    • cathybliss's Profile Photo

How to find long term home in San Sebastian?

San Sebastián Apr 4, 2014 at 7:57 AM

I am moving to San Sebastian in July this year. I live in Ireland but we have 2 kids also moving with us and we would like a nice place to live in for a year..

5 Answers Apr 4, 2014 at 1:12 PM
    • Easiest way to get to St Jean, France to start my walk?

Bilbao Mar 23, 2014 at 5:09 PM

Will fly into Bilboa in the morning and need to get to St. Jean, France.

1 Answer Mar 23, 2014 at 7:15 PM
    • Metro Stops from Cruise Terminal (Getxo) & Pintxos!

Bilbao Mar 17, 2014 at 1:27 PM

I'll be arriving for one day only (!) at the Getxo Cruise Terminal and wish to use the metro to see Casco Viejo, the Funicular and the Guggenheim. If time permits, I'd like to see the Transporter Bridge (Vizcaya). Can anyone please tell me the closest metro stops for these places? I believe I have to start at Neguri Station on Line1 in Getxo.

Also if anyone can recommend a nice Pintxos place for lunch ... that would be great!
      Many thanks!

3 Answers Mar 17, 2014 at 2:04 PM
    • Travel ideas for 21 days with car in San Sebastián region

San Sebastián Mar 1, 2014 at 3:43 PM

1st time to this part of Spain & would love to include Portugal...21 days with a car....any ideas or issues you found that could have been avoided if you knew ahead of time, would be appreciated....

5 Answers Mar 3, 2014 at 2:23 AM
    • bilbao in 1 day

Bilbao Feb 3, 2014 at 7:33 PM

we are 2 ladies and have only one night and 2 half days in bilbao so what should i be visiting and restaurants to eat in?

3 Answers Feb 4, 2014 at 1:35 PM
    • lomi's Profile Photo

Hairdressers

Bilbao Jan 31, 2014 at 4:54 AM

Does anyone local know of a good hairdresser that speaks a little English and is good with highlights and coloring? Preferably near Casco Viejo.

1 Answer Jan 31, 2014 at 5:19 AM
    • lomi's Profile Photo

Special occasion

Bilbao Jan 29, 2014 at 4:47 AM

It is my birthday when I´m in Casco Viejo and I would like to find a good restaurant for the evening. However my husband is slightly deaf and finds it difficult to hear in noisy bars and restaurants. We love Basque cuisine, not tourist food and we also appreciate value for money...not nuevo cuisine with tiny portions. We would have eaten pintxos during the day, so we are looking for something more substantial at night.

2 Answers Jan 29, 2014 at 2:32 PM
    • lomi's Profile Photo

Sunday in Bilboa

Bilbao Jan 28, 2014 at 7:56 AM

I am arriving in Bilboa (staying in Casco Viejo) on a Sunday for a few days. Is it true all the bars and restaurants are shut Sundays? If so where do you recommend to eat?

5 Answers Jan 29, 2014 at 2:44 PM
    • Weather in May?

San Sebastián Jan 21, 2014 at 2:26 PM

How is the weather in San Sebastian in May? We will be there for a few days mid-month.
      Traveling from California. Should we expect much rain?
      Thank you.

3 Answers Jan 22, 2014 at 5:26 AM
    • Day trip to Finisterre?

San Sebastián Jan 21, 2014 at 2:21 PM

Looking for information on a day trip from San Sebastian to Finisterre. Any recommendations on a reasonably priced bus tour. Will be there in May 2014.

6 Answers Jan 22, 2014 at 5:32 AM
    • Travel Services

Bilbao Jan 3, 2014 at 6:11 PM

We would like to find a travel service to take our family from Bilbao to Lourdes and back in one day. What are our options?

1 Answer Jan 3, 2014 at 10:39 PM
    • Transportation

Lequeitio Jan 2, 2014 at 5:50 PM

Is it possible to get to Lequeitio by train or only by automobile. No bus, please.

1 Answer Jan 3, 2014 at 1:49 AM
    • alectrevor's Profile Photo

Name of Metro station

Bilbao Jan 2, 2014 at 3:50 AM

Is Getxo on the Metro map ?, if so please what is the name of central Getxo metro station. Thanks.

2 Answers Jan 2, 2014 at 5:20 AM
    • videolady12's Profile Photo

Travel information

Fuenterrabía Nov 20, 2013 at 12:13 PM

My husband and myself (in our 60's) will travel by car from Bordeaux and would like to spend time in the Basque area. We were planning on staying in France, but found a place in Hondarribia, called Villa Lorenea. We will then travel on to Toulouse for departure to US. My question any opinions of this area?

5 Answers Nov 20, 2013 at 3:35 PM
    • Best restaurants

Bilbao Nov 11, 2013 at 11:15 AM

top ten restaurants in Bilbao

5 Answers Nov 11, 2013 at 1:31 PM
    • Bus to San Sebastián

Lezama Oct 5, 2013 at 12:27 AM

Is there a bus from lezama to San Sebastián

1 Answer Oct 11, 2013 at 2:09 PM
    • Getting back to Biarritz airport for return flight

San Sebastián Oct 2, 2013 at 2:28 PM

Hi,
      My family and I need to get from San Sebastián to Biarritz airport for our return flight. We fly out at 12.55pm so
      We need to leave early in the morning. The pesa bus is later in the day so not an option. Anybody know how we can do this?

2 Answers Oct 3, 2013 at 1:11 AM
    • yavili's Profile Photo

Bilbao-San Sebastian

San Sebastián Sep 9, 2013 at 4:54 AM

Hola! I am thinking of going from Bilbao to San Sebastian on a day trip. I believe bus takes less time than train correct? If yes, is there only 1 company (PESA) and do I need to but the ticket beforehand or is it OK to buy it at the bus station right before I leave? Gracias y saludos.

4 Answers Sep 15, 2013 at 1:43 AM