Travel Answers
Bashkia e Tiranës

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Where is a nice place to stay in Albania?

Albania Yesterday

Hello all Virtual Tourists!

Planning a beach vacation in the end of july/august this summer. But we are wondering where to stay and what to see.

We are dreaming of finding a quaint little village by the coast. One that is not ruined by tourism or giant hotels and other terrible architecture in general. And of course… with a nice beach. Whether the beach is made up of sand, pebbles or rocks is indifferent. Just as long as it is beautiful, and the general vibe of the city/village is nice.

Any ideas? And any thoughts on Saranda vs. Himare vs. Vlora?

more
    • Getting around in Albania

Albania Apr 17, 2014 at 5:33 AM

Hello forum!

My boyfriend and I are planning a trip to Albania this summer. However, there are no direct flights to Tirana from Oslo, so we are contemplating some different options. Would love to hear your thoughts and tips, since we are in fact wuite clueless. :)

Destination --> VLORA!

Option 1: Flight to Corfu. Then we hop on the ferry to Saranda, and somehow find our way up to Vlora. I have read about both buses and "furgons" that travel this distance, but what I dont know is how long it takes. How many hours should we estimate for this trip? Can it be booked in advance? And since we are norwegians (not used to high heat) will there be air condition in the vehicle?

Option 2: Flight to Brindisi. Then hop on a ferry straight to Vlora. I have found a several forums talking about this trip, but I am having a tough time actually seeing the details. It seems the boat sails all night. Is it normal to sleep in your seat? In a cabin? What is recommended here?

WHICH ONE OF THESE OPTIONS IS SMARTER? :)

Super grateful for all help.

more

Popular Bashkia e Tiranës Travel Answer Locations

• Details regarding bus travel to Tirana from Pristina

Tirana Feb 28, 2014 at 1:27 PM

I need to travel one way, by bus, from Pristina to Tirana, on 21 April 2014. I can't find any information about schedules or bus companies that offer this route. I understand from what I have read that there are several per day but I cannot find any specifics. If anyone knows of bus company names, location(s) in Pristina, and times that the bus(es) depart Pristina for Tirana, I'd be most grateful. I have less than 24 hours in Pristina so not a lot of time to be researching this when I arrive so I really need to know what I need to do beforehand. I greatly appreciate any information you all can provide... Thanks!!

1 Answer Mar 15, 2014 at 9:08 AM
    • rent a car

Tirana Dec 25, 2013 at 4:15 AM

I plan to visit Tirana then rent a car to go dubrovnik and piristina. Do you prefer this way instead of bus or train options?

2 Answers Dec 26, 2013 at 7:25 AM
    • living in Tirana

Tirana Nov 3, 2013 at 5:40 AM

I wonder what is the best neighborhood to live in tirana.

1 Answer Nov 3, 2013 at 9:46 AM
    • Racism in Tirana?

Tirana Sep 16, 2013 at 4:48 PM

Hi,

I'm planning on travelling to Tirana in November.

I've read a few articles regarding the safety in Albania and it seems like a pretty safe place and people are nice in general but I can't help to think that most of these people are caucasian. I'm Malaysian of British up bring. Would I be at risk?

I can accept being stared at and I can even tolerate people mocking me but my only concern would be getting physically harrased and ignored if I needed help going somewhere. Should I be worried?

Thanks

7 Answers Nov 18, 2013 at 1:43 PM
    • Busses in September Tirana-Himare and Berat-Macedonia

Tirana Aug 28, 2013 at 10:58 AM

Hello,

I'm going to vistit Tirana on 11 September. From there i wanted to go to Himare (via Vlore). Do you know if it if possible to get Himare by direct bus or furgon from Tirana? I've read that Busses go at 6 am, 9 am and 12:00. Could you confirm this information? Eventually I can go with change in Vore. Where the bus leave from Tirana and how much is one way ticket?
      I have also second question: I wanted to go from Berat to Ochrid in Macedonia. I know that I have to take bus to Elbasan and then change to bus which go to Pogradec, but I don't know if better and faster way is to get off near border crossing in Q.Thane (and go to Struga- but I don't know if I could find there any taxi or bus to Struga) or go until I reach Pogradec (and take taxi to border crossing).

Thank you in advance for any tips
      Darek

1 Answer Aug 28, 2013 at 11:22 AM
    • tirana to struga

Tirana Aug 13, 2013 at 12:36 PM

how can we get from Tirana to Struga by public transport (e.g. bus). Thanks for your help, Ledia

3 Answers Aug 14, 2013 at 4:07 AM
    • GunnarSt's Profile Photo

Buildings painted in bright colors

Tirana Jul 25, 2013 at 11:35 PM

Have seen a lot o pics with buildings painted in very bright colors from Tirana. Are there any areas I would easily find these colorful places in Tirana City?

2 Answers Jul 31, 2013 at 12:23 PM
    • GunnarSt's Profile Photo

Tirana for families with teenagers

Tirana Jul 25, 2013 at 12:46 PM

We are family with two teenagers spending some days in Tirana, Albania (28. and. 29. of Aug). Any suggestions for things to do/see for the young ones? Its supposed to be hot (35-36 degrees) which might limit our options for a comfortable and fun days? A good shopping centre with air condition in the city? The grown ups are very curious about Tirana`s communist past? Any suggestions for us?

3 Answers Aug 28, 2013 at 11:17 AM
    • duelmen's Profile Photo

Tour Guide for Tirana

Tirana Jun 11, 2013 at 6:34 AM

Does anyone know of a good tour guide to show me around Tirana and surrounding areas? I'm looking for something that can be done in a full day. Either private or small group is preferred. Thanks!

4 Answers Jul 31, 2013 at 12:23 PM
    • Montenegro to Tirana

Tirana May 15, 2013 at 3:28 AM

Is there any bus company from Montenegro to Tirana? How much it costs? From which cities of Montenegro to Tiran there are busses?

3 Answers Jul 31, 2013 at 12:23 PM
    • fionaglasgow's Profile Photo

Bus or Furgon Tirana to Berat

Tirana Nov 10, 2012 at 9:47 AM

Please could someone give me advice about travelling from Tirana to Berat e.g. where to get a bus or a furgon, the frequency and the cost? I understand it takes about 3 hours - is that for both a bus or a furgon?

We will be in Tirana during the public holidays 28/29 November 2012 - will buses run on these days or should we plan our trip to avoid these days? We want to go to Berat, stay in Berat one night and return the next day.

Any info will be very welcome.

Thanks.

4 Answers Nov 12, 2012 at 4:41 PM
    • Please help!

Tirana Aug 14, 2012 at 3:48 AM

Does anybody in Tirana know where I can find a shop where the sell costumes for halloween or other occasions? It would be a really big help! Thanks!

5 Answers Aug 16, 2012 at 3:15 AM
    • shutelbus to Tirane airport

Tirana Apr 17, 2012 at 4:04 PM

hi every one , if some one could let me know if there is local bus transportation form Tirane center to the Tirane airport , thanks

1 Answer Jul 31, 2013 at 12:23 PM
    • tirana to pogdorcia trains or buses

Tirana Feb 14, 2012 at 2:49 PM

hi there does anybody know direct routes trains buses from tirana to pogdocia please

8 Answers Feb 16, 2012 at 3:51 PM
    • chriso1969's Profile Photo

Whats to do in Tirana

Tirana Oct 1, 2011 at 7:30 AM

Hi im travelling to Tirana in febuary and I was wondering the following
      1.Can anybody reccomend a decent hotel near the city centre where there are lots of bars and niteclubs.
      2.Are there Irish and English bars and restraunts and if so which is the best?
      3.I may want to go to Macedonia,Greece,Kosivo or Montenegro, can you tell me is there a train service or bus service to either country?
      4.How much is local beers and international beers?
      Thanx,Chris.

6 Answers Jul 31, 2013 at 12:23 PM
    • Every Country in the World; the Tirana to Skopje to Podgornica leg!

Tirana May 25, 2011 at 6:26 PM

I am doing a summer semi-backpacking trip around the Balkans/former Yugoslavia. All by bus or train. Does anyone have info about buses or trains going from Tirana to Skopje and thenon to Podgornica (Montenegro). I would appreciate any information at all.

I go on to Sarajevo, then Belgrade, then Sofia, then Bucharest. So even if you only have comments about one segment it would be great. Thank you.
      Marjorie

4 Answers May 26, 2011 at 5:14 PM
    • mjbcoffee's Profile Photo

Traveling Tirana to Pristina

Bashkia e Tiranës May 11, 2011 at 3:04 AM

Hi Everyone!!

I need a furgoni or bus from Tirana to Pristina, Kosovo - for May 16th.

Is there a morning bus?

Where in Tirana can I catch the bus/furgoni and what would the cost and time be?

Thank you!!!

3 Answers May 11, 2011 at 4:06 AM
    • Money exchange and renting ?

Tirana Apr 19, 2011 at 2:15 PM

I have Serbian Dinar, any exchange offices or bank I can exchange from Serbian Dinars to local currency, and the exchange rate if possible ?

Please refer me some local apartment renting website in Tirana if possible ?

1 Answer Apr 23, 2011 at 9:49 AM
    • Tickets for Albania Football Team

Tirana Feb 15, 2011 at 5:20 AM

Can anyone tell me where I can buy tickets to see the National side play in Tirana & how much they cost.

I've been looking for months on the internet but had no joy. Any help would be appreciated.

1 Answer Mar 15, 2011 at 6:06 PM
    • HORSCHECK's Profile Photo

Tirana to Ohrid (MK)

Tirana Feb 13, 2011 at 5:34 AM

Hello everybody,

How can we get from Tirana to Ohrid by public transport (e.g. bus).

Thanks for your help,

HORSCHECK

1 Answer Feb 13, 2011 at 10:33 AM
    • Around Tirana for a day

Tirana Nov 25, 2010 at 3:38 AM

I'm coming to Tirana in December for a whole week, but I have one weekend completely free. I do not want to travel far, but would like to see something interesting, not just the city. I like countrysides, landscapes, parks,... Maybe some village? Anything worth seeing.
      Do you have any suggestions?
      Thanks for the help!
      Trina

3 Answers Dec 5, 2010 at 5:40 PM
    • Bus Times

Tirana Oct 21, 2010 at 2:36 AM

Does anyone know which bus stop/station the buses from Sarande arrive at please? Urgent, as need to book hotel as have appointment at Bitish Embassy next week.

4 Answers Oct 23, 2010 at 8:41 AM
    • chrisvandenbroucke's Profile Photo

Arrival at the Tirana airport

Tirana Oct 6, 2010 at 1:14 PM

Hello,
      I will be arriving in two weeks in Tirana but my plane lands at midnight. Buses seem no longer to ride after 6 or 7 PM.
      I am on a tight budget and don't want to waste time by going by taxi to the expensive airport hotels. Of the cheaper hotels in the centre, I don't find mailaddresses so I don't know whether I will be able to arrive there in the middle of the night.
      By the way, I don't want luxury but quiet so a dorm is no option for me.
      Same problem with Kruja: don't find any hotel with mail to ask them if they still would open up for me at night.
      Third option : does the airport stay open at night ? That way, I could take the first train or bus in the morning to any place in Albania (don't need much sleep)

Thanks for the answers

1 Answer Oct 16, 2010 at 2:56 PM
    • call_me_rhia's Profile Photo

tirana to prizren

Tirana Sep 10, 2010 at 10:53 AM

hello
      i heard that prizren is now only a few hours away, thanks to the new highway. But - as we may travel there with a class, are there buses (furgons are out of question)? what time do they leave?

• Vanity666's Profile Photo

Safe parking in Tirana

Tirana Jul 7, 2010 at 1:17 AM

Could someone recommend me some safe place to leave my car? We're planning to spend half a day in Tirana, and would like to leave the car somewhere safe, and as close to city center as possible.
      Is there some shoping mall where I could leave it, or some safer parking spot?

Thank you.

6 Answers Jul 23, 2010 at 12:08 PM
    • malashen's Profile Photo

Traveling to Albania by car

Tirana Jul 5, 2010 at 4:20 PM

Greetings,

This summer, I am planning to spend 5-7 days in Albania traveling there by my own car. The questions:

1) Could someone recommend a reliable site offering budget hotels in Tirana, Saranda, Durres, etc? There are no entries for Albania on booking.com, which I usually use whereever I go. I would need hotels with secure parking for my car.

2) Is there ferry crossing between Corfu in Greece and Saranda, and if yes, how long would it take, and how much would I pay for crossing with a car? Is there some website with schedules, etc.?

Many thanks in advance!

• Veroali's Profile Photo

Going to Albania by car or by bus?

Tirana Jun 11, 2010 at 11:32 PM

Hello,

i would like to ask, if there is a paid car park, where is possible to leave a car for a week or so. Or is it safe to park it just on the street? Either Tirana or it can be any other town.

If i go to Albania by bus from Croatia, is there any schedule how to get from Ulcinj to Albania or i must really hire taxi to cross the border?

Thank you for the answers

2 Answers Jun 12, 2010 at 8:48 AM
    • traveling

Tirana Mar 1, 2010 at 5:50 AM

i just want to no iz there a coach that goes from tirana to pristina,if so what time?thanks

3 Answers Mar 3, 2010 at 2:57 AM
    • Bus or train to Tirana

Tirana Feb 4, 2010 at 3:49 AM

We are trying to catch a bus or train from Athens, Greece to Tirana, Albania on a Tuesday or Wednesday in a two weeks--does anyone know how to find the buses in Athens that head into Albania? Any tips at all would be helpful!

4 Answers Feb 10, 2010 at 3:17 PM
    • Gift Ideas please

Tirana Jan 3, 2010 at 10:18 AM

Hi,
      I'm Jo and I'm from England.
      I'm new to this forum so forgive me if this isn't the correct place to put my question.

I'm coming to Albania in 3 weeks time to visit my boyfriend's family for the first time. We have been together for a year and I would really like to make a good impression.

Please would you let me know what would be an appropriate gift to give to his parents? I have asked my partner what I should bring and he said not to worry about it...but I don't want to turn up empty handed.

Any suggestions would be great!

Many thanks!
      Jo

6 Answers Jan 26, 2010 at 10:39 AM