change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Ddbuehner's Profile Photo

Visiting Basel for one day....

by Ddbuehner Online Now Apr 3, 2014 at 9:31 AM

I wish it were a longer stay but I will only be in this wonderful city for 1 day. What would be the best way for my husband and I to spend the day? Also, we will be staying at the Hilton, going on a viking river cruise. Any suggestions on transportation from Hilton to river would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

more
    • Ddbuehner's Profile Photo

Visiting Basel for one day....

by Ddbuehner Online Now Apr 3, 2014 at 9:31 AM

I wish it were a longer stay but I will only be in this wonderful city for 1 day. What would be the best way for my husband and I to spend the day? Also, we will be staying at the Hilton, going on a viking river cruise. Any suggestions on transportation from Hilton to river would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

• River cruises

by deethomas Online Now Dec 31, 2013 at 1:39 AM

Is it possible to do 1 or 2 day cruises on the Rhine River from Basel?

3 Answers Dec 31, 2013 at 6:49 AM
    • Aum257's Profile Photo

Car rental

by Aum257 Online Now Dec 1, 2013 at 2:26 AM

Can any one help me with a car rental with good deals near the railway station?
      Thanks

2 Answers Dec 1, 2013 at 11:01 AM
    • Gefährliche Nachbarschaften/ Dangerous neighbourhoods

by Periplanomeni Online Now Oct 27, 2013 at 11:53 AM

Hallo , Ich werde ab 2014 nach Basel umziehen. Ich suche aktuell eine neue Wohnung. Welche Nachbarschaften/Quartiers sollte ich wegen erhöhten Kriminalität vermeiden? Danke!

I am going to move to Basel in Januar 2014. At the moment I am looking for a new appartment. Which neighbourhood/quarter do you suggest me to avoid because of elevetad criminality rates? thanks!

3 Answers Oct 29, 2013 at 9:30 AM
    • schweinhaxe

by citislicker Online Now Sep 25, 2013 at 11:59 AM

Will be staying at the Hilton, and need to get my fix of Schweinhaxe. Suggestions?

5 Answers Sep 26, 2013 at 1:40 AM
    • Pre River Cruise Hotel & Transportation

by wloff Online Now Jul 30, 2013 at 7:26 PM

Any suggestions for a nice reasonably priced hotel for one night prior to an Amawaterways cruise in November?
      Any suggestions on transportation and estimated costs? I've seen on posts a Tram is 1 KM away from port, and dragging a suitcase in the snow (?if any) does not seem feasible, and Taxi's for a few KM I've heard can be spendy like $70 USD? Any advice is appreciated! Thank You!

2 Answers Aug 3, 2013 at 1:05 AM
    • TRAVEL FROM BASEL AIRPORT TO LUCERNE HOTEL

by SUBHAB3X Online Now Jul 21, 2013 at 9:33 AM

We will reaching Basel Airport on 22nd July'13 around noon . We are booked at Lucerne Hotel. We are a family of 4 Adults. What is the most Economical mode of transport with Half fare Travel card & details of the journey.

2 Answers Jul 21, 2013 at 1:43 PM
    • Douglasatorok's Profile Photo

Customs

by Douglasatorok Online Now Jul 12, 2013 at 7:19 AM

traveling from the US to Basel via Frankfurt, where does one clear customs?

4 Answers Jul 12, 2013 at 3:56 PM
    • IdreamIam's Profile Photo

Only 5 hours

by IdreamIam Online Now Jun 27, 2013 at 3:34 AM

We finish a river cruise in Basel about 9am and our flight does not leave till 3pm so have a few hours to kill and will have our bags. Can anyone suggest a guide with a car that can show us around for a few hours and then drop us at the airport.

6 Answers Jul 3, 2013 at 7:13 PM
    • DaneW's Profile Photo

Schengen Visa requirements to fly out of Basel Mulhouse

by DaneW Online Now May 21, 2013 at 12:17 PM

I am a South African Citizen and will have a valid Schengen visa. I will be vacationing in Freiburg for 11 days ( 4-15 July 2013 ) and then will need to catch a flight out of Basel Mulhouse to Amsterdam. I will catch the train from Freiburg to the Basel Euro-airport and from the looks of it the train goes through Basel and therefore Switzerland - I will not have a swiss visa so will i be able to get to the airport?

4 Answers May 21, 2013 at 12:53 PM
    • public transportatiom

by nanreyn Online Now May 7, 2013 at 10:59 PM

What is the price of trams and buses. We need to get from the Viking cruise terminal to the train station

2 Answers May 8, 2013 at 10:21 AM
    • How to go from Paris to Basel without TGV

by Nic.TH Online Now Apr 5, 2013 at 9:04 AM

Hi all!! i need to go from Paris CDG to Basel. I checked the train rates, and almost all connections requires me to take the TGV train. Booking online is not an option to me, any other routes or regional train i can take? the total duration set by my missus is around 5 hours. the fastest route i checked thru DB Bahn websites is 9 - 13 hours and usually starts in the afternoon. my flight arrives at 7am morning.
      thanks for any advise!!!
      Nic

2 Answers Apr 5, 2013 at 9:32 AM
    • Getting from Paris to Basel (updated 2013)

by Nic.TH Online Now Apr 4, 2013 at 5:06 AM

Hi all!! i need to go from Paris CDG to Basel. I checked the train rates, and almost all connections requires me to take the TGV train. Booking online is not an option to me, any other routes or regional train i can take? the total duration set by my missus is around 5 hours. the fastest route i checked thru DB Bahn websites is 9 - 13 hours and usually starts in the afternoon. my flight arrives at 7am morning.
      thanks for any advise!!!
      Nic

13 Answers Apr 8, 2013 at 8:43 AM
    • Basel - Solving a Dilemma

by panos521 Online Now Jan 15, 2013 at 5:43 AM

Hello dear travellers,

I am Panos. In the mid-June I am thinking of going with my wife to Basel, Switzerland. We are thinking of spending almost one week. Since I am map lover, I started checking the map and realized that Basel is a great spot in the middle of Europe, from where one can see not only one country but 3 at the same time (Switzerland, France and Germany).
      So, right now I have a dilemma on how to spend my days in Basel. Should I stay one or two days there and then go to Munich or to Strasbourg (France).
      Also, I would like to visit Zurich (does it worth it?)
      So, what do you suggest me to do? Spend all the days in Switzerland or divide them by going to France or Germany?

Finally, in order to help you with your proposal, I would like to say that me and my wife love mainly historical places (medieval), baroque and Gothic buildings and also.. good food! :)

I hope my information was enough and those of you that have seen all the above places could propose to us a great option.

Looking forward to your reply,

Best Regards,
      Panos

3 Answers Jan 15, 2013 at 9:09 PM
    • christine.j's Profile Photo

Where to park and get taxi ?

by christine.j Online Now May 22, 2012 at 11:27 PM

We're taking my mother to the toy museum in the centre of Basel. She cannot walk very well, so we plan to park our car outside the centre and take a taxi from the parking lot to the entrance of the museum. I know there is good public transport, but she cannot manage that, a car is much easier for her.
      What's a good place to park and get a taxi?
      And does anyone know how much the taxi will be approximately? I have to get Swiss Francs and would like to know how many I should get.
      Thank you.

4 Answers Jan 23, 2013 at 10:02 AM
    • Suggestions to a day trip in Basel

by zigzecil Online Now Mar 14, 2012 at 4:13 AM

We're going to Basel this Saturday. We've got 2 kids ages 6 and 8... Any suggestions as to where to go and what to see on a day trip?

Thanks so much.

4 Answers Mar 15, 2012 at 7:05 AM
    • Cheapest Way To Get To Basel From San Francisco, CA

by epifani Online Now Feb 23, 2012 at 8:50 AM

Greetings, I'm looking to book an economy trip (using flight miles) to Dornach Switzerland. Our dates are fixed 3/30-4/6.

Ideas about the best airfare hubs to Europe from the US and connecting flights/trains to Basel. Rates currently fall around1000 p/p r/t.

3 Answers Feb 23, 2012 at 4:28 PM
    • alexplypin's Profile Photo

BASEL TO FRIEBURG BY TRAIN

by alexplypin Online Now Dec 3, 2011 at 6:49 AM

I have tried to find out about a train trip from Basel to Freiburg, but the fare structure on the website is ridiculous on the Virgin. From what I can gather, there is a regular train service, and the cost is c50SF.

Does anyone know any better, and are there any recommended places in Freiburg for food & drink at reasonable prices?

7 Answers Dec 4, 2011 at 12:14 AM
    • Basel train station SBB

by antonym67 Online Now Oct 27, 2011 at 11:12 PM

We are travelling by train from Lucerne to Paris via Basel SBB. We have to change trains in Basel where the train stops for 7 minutes. We have to move from Platform 8 to Platform 11 (as of now I do not know the coach no. since i will obtain my tickets when am in Lucerne). Is it too difficult to move with two suitcases? How do we find the exactly location of our coach (2nd class)?

6 Answers Nov 3, 2011 at 12:59 AM
    • Transportation from Basel train station to Viking Cruise port

by jonesjt1 Online Now Aug 21, 2011 at 5:10 AM

What is the best and cheapest way to get to Viking Cruise port from central Basel train station?

1 Answer Aug 21, 2011 at 6:20 AM
    • stockton's Profile Photo

Mini-SIM card for iPhone 4 to use in Germany

by stockton Online Now Aug 3, 2011 at 8:31 AM

We are coming into Basel via train to take a Rhine cruise to Amsterdam. Is there someplace nearby from station to boat that I can buy a mini-SIM card for my iPhone 4 for use in Germany? Certainly don't want any roaming charges.....

Any recommendations on carriers? Probably need to buy a little data as well.

Thanks in advance!

• 4 plus hours at the Basel airport

by lvpool05 Online Now Feb 17, 2011 at 11:23 PM

We have to spend 4 plus hours at the Basel airport from 5 to 9.30 pm on a Monday.

1) Anything interesting at the airport to pass the time? Any ok place to eat?

2) Is the price of food and drinks there reasonable?

3) Any comfortable place to sit and rest along with 3 luggages?

Cheerio

5 Answers Feb 18, 2011 at 6:36 AM
    • TGV Train from Paris to Basel

by lvpool05 Online Now Feb 10, 2011 at 1:03 AM

Is it possible to stop off at Strasbourg or Mulhouse with a Paris to Basel TGV Lyria ticket?

Cheers

11 Answers Feb 18, 2011 at 6:41 AM
    • christine.j's Profile Photo

A special kind of hotel near Basel? Teddy bears, toys, fairy tales...?

by christine.j Online Now Feb 5, 2011 at 10:39 AM

I'm trying to organize my mother's 83rd birthday this year.She loves teddy bears, dolls, fairy tales and wants to visit the toy museum in Riehen near Basel.She loved staying in the teddy hotel in Kressbronn/Lake Constance, which is a hotel with about one million teddy bears all over.
      Is there anything similar close to Basel? We can drive some distance, but I wouldn't like to drive more than one hour after we've been to the museum.
      Thank you for any information.

4 Answers Feb 6, 2011 at 9:24 PM
    • ivanakika's Profile Photo

Hey people, im coming in Basel with my friends in february..

by ivanakika Online Now Jan 19, 2011 at 10:07 AM

Is there any good places in and around that area that I could take a quick peek and return back to Basel in the evening ..or some good club, museim..

can u help me with some information about basel?

3 Answers Feb 14, 2011 at 5:12 AM
    • LEN115

by Len115 Online Now Dec 5, 2010 at 6:51 AM

Where do cruise ships moor in Basel and what is the best way to get to the town centre from the mooring. We are joining a cruise ship in Basel and will have two days there before leaving on the cruise.

2 Answers May 8, 2011 at 6:13 AM
    • Transportation from Port to Airport

by sometimer Online Now Oct 31, 2010 at 11:00 AM

Has anyone taken the Viking Rhine River cruise that lands in Basel? We are looking for means of transportation from the river port to the airport. Can someone help?

1 Answer Oct 31, 2010 at 11:27 AM
    • purchasing a Swiss Vignette (highway pass) at German border

by gazstrong Online Now Jul 21, 2010 at 2:43 AM

Hi folks

I will be driving from Freiburg to Tremezzo in Italy by the following route below which passes through the edge of Basel. I would like to know how i go about purchasing a Swiss Vignette Highway pass. Can I buy one in service stations or the border crossing?. Also will i need to have Swiss currency or can it be bought with Euros?.

maps.google.co.uk/maps?hl=en...

Thanks
      Gary

2 Answers Jul 23, 2010 at 8:51 AM
    • Getting from Paris to Basel

by Julia_Joe Online Now Jun 30, 2010 at 6:50 AM

Hi all!

I need to get to Basel from Paris. I'he just checked rates for train tickets, they are quite expensive. Probably, if purchasing in advance, it would be cheaper, but it is not possible in my case.
      Wondered if there are any buses, except Euroline (they do not make rides on the date I need-August,6)

Thanks in advance for any help!

18 Answers Dec 23, 2010 at 5:22 PM
    • SWISS PASS

by jkbansal Online Now Jun 14, 2010 at 5:23 AM

Can I BUY SWISS PASS AT CHIASSO.

1 Answer Jun 14, 2010 at 5:32 AM