Barrow in Furness

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• HELP TO PLAN AND ROUTE

Lake District National Park May 7, 2015 at 3:01 AM

We are 4 adults who plan to do a 2 day whirlwind tour of the Lake District and Scotland.
      Our Dates of travel are fixed owing to certain other obligations.
      Our mode of transport is RAIL for London – Lake District – Edinburgh - London
      Our query is:
      Depart London by TRAIN on Wednesday, 15th. July 2015 -- Early Morning.
      Arrive Lake District and put bags in our B & B.
      Would like to tour the Lake District for the day.
      Night of 15th. in a Bed & Breakfast accommodation with 2 rooms in Double Occupancy.
      Depart Lake District by TRAIN on Thursday, 16th. July 2015 – Early Morning
      Arrive Edinburgh, Scotland and spend the day sightseeing and visiting a distillery @ woolen factory.
      Night of 16th. in a Hotel in Edinburgh with 2 rooms in Double Occupancy (+ B/F)
      17th. July - Spend the day sightseeing and board the TRAIN in the evening to arrive at London in the late evening.

We would appreciate your inputs and suggestions for :
      a. Return Train Tickets Booking – London – Lake District – Edinburgh - London
      b. B & B accommodation in Lake District
      c. Sightseeing in the Lake District
      d. Accommodation in Edinburgh
      e. Sightseeing in Edinburgh
      f. Any other suggestions / inputs to help in planning this trip

Thanks and regards

Jolly

more
    • MichaelJTopley's Profile Photo

Any Hidden Gems?

Lake District National Park May 5, 2015 at 10:47 AM

Hi all, am new to the site. My fiancee and I are heading to Cockermouth in June and are wanting to know of any hidden gens within the lake district worth checking out. We are there for 7 days and want to try and fit as much in as possible.

Many thanks :)

more
    • Marykdebra's Profile Photo

Shopping Mall

by Marykdebra Online Now Mar 12, 2015 at 11:10 AM

Where is the closest shopping mall?

13 Answers Mar 14, 2015 at 2:25 AM
    • Looking for a hotel

by HyunK Online Now Jul 17, 2014 at 3:18 PM

Hi, I'm Hyun, from south Korea. I'm planning my first visit to the UK. I will come to Barrow in Furness from Windermere(Glencree, Windermere, LA23 2EQ). My last stay will be in Barrow in Furness and the next day I will have to go to train station to go to Manchester air port.

So I'm looking for a hotel here, which hotel is within walking distance from the bus stop, to come and go back .

please, help me with this problem.

2 Answers Jul 18, 2014 at 3:30 AM
    • Things to do at New Year

by laura1nc Online Now Dec 27, 2011 at 8:42 AM

Hi, Im stopping in Barrow in Furness for New Year with my boyfriend. Can anyone tell me the best places in and around to visit, the best shopping places (and if they will be open) Thank you

3 Answers Dec 27, 2011 at 11:06 AM
    • What to do in Barrow on a day trip

by walnet Online Now Mar 5, 2011 at 1:59 AM

I am hoping to bring friends from Carlisle, Dumfries and Hartlepool on a trip to Barrow (by rail) and wonder if anyone can give me some interesting places to see. We will only have about 3 hours in Barrow and will need places within easy walking distance from the station. Hope someone can help.

thank you

3 Answers Mar 5, 2011 at 7:16 AM