Barrow

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Anchorage Alaska

Anchorage Dec 20, 2014 at 10:44 AM

Is there a perfect time to see a little daylite, a little snow and the northern lights?

more
    • mamajoa9's Profile Photo

visa for Alaskan cruise

Alaska Nov 26, 2014 at 8:54 PM

Do I still any other type of visa if I already have US visa to go on a cruise to Alaska (round trip from Seattle back to Seattle)
      Thanking you in advance for your help

• angel hugs and blessings*

more
    • Transportation

Kodiak Dec 19, 2014 at 9:21 PM

I'm going to be living in Kodiak from February to May. I won't have a car. Is there any public transportation? What do you suggest for me to get around?

more
    • Place to stay when all hotels are booked out?

by shiyi Online Now Dec 4, 2013 at 1:45 AM

We plan to visit Barrow this month and found all the hotels had been booked out.. We can do an one-day trip, but ideally we hope can stay there for a night. Is there any place we can stay other than the three hotels? Just need a stayable warm place, we don't even need a bed. Any suggestion? Thank you guys!

11 Answers Dec 9, 2013 at 1:19 AM
    • Dog Sledding

by DarrinT3 Online Now Nov 3, 2013 at 8:37 PM

Is there dog sledding tours in Barrow, Alaska?

3 Answers Dec 4, 2013 at 1:05 AM
    • Barrow to Denali

by shanmugamprakash Online Now Jul 28, 2013 at 10:01 AM

Hi iam a new member. I need some help from co members. Mine is a family of three persons and we are visiting Barrow on our own in June 2014. We would be leaving Barrow by morning 11.30 flight to Fairbanks and would be reaching FB at 12.30 PM. We would like to know about the possibility of leaving for Denali the same day. Is it possible? What is the mode since own transport is not possible. Is there any coach or van service

2 Answers Aug 3, 2013 at 6:55 PM
    • Camp Out in Barrow

by aculede Online Now Jul 8, 2013 at 7:46 AM

Hi there,
      Me and my friend will be to Barrow on 9th August 2013 and we're looking for a place for staying in the night.
      Does anybody know if there are possibilities to put a tent somewhere for a single night?
      Otherwise, would you please inform me about your experiences.

Many thanks
      Enrico De Luca

5 Answers Dec 3, 2013 at 12:58 PM
    • Transportation

by mattmiller82 Online Now Feb 27, 2012 at 5:09 PM

How do you get here? I know you have to fly, but what cities fly to barrow? and whats the approximate cost?

2 Answers Apr 14, 2012 at 10:10 PM
    • From the end of the World to the top of the world

by cacuman Online Now Apr 27, 2011 at 3:28 PM

Where can i get in touch with members of the Polar Bears Club that live in Barrow Alasaka? I will be the in late May. I would really like to join

1 Answer Apr 27, 2011 at 3:46 PM
    • leaving Barrow

by purpledaze Online Now Jun 26, 2010 at 12:43 PM

I understand there are no paved roads or roads to other cities or towns but is it possible to bicycle south into Canada?

1 Answer Jul 11, 2010 at 7:25 PM
    • Dorian49's Profile Photo

What to do in Barrow in January?

by Dorian49 Online Now Jan 10, 2008 at 5:29 PM

I am coming to Barrow for a conference, and will have three days at my disposal. I would love to see the aurora, polar bears, an iceberg, and learn about the local Inupiat culture. Any suggestions?

• Dorian49's Profile Photo

What should I pack for January trip?

by Dorian49 Online Now Jan 8, 2008 at 6:56 PM

I am a middle school teacher from the Washington, D.C. area and am going to Barrow from Jan. 19 through 27th. What type of clothing should I pack? I don't have a lot of money to buy an expensive parka- can I rent one somewhere? I will have two days to explore before beginning my work- where should I go? Really want to see aurora- astronomy is my passion- suggestions? Also love getting to know local culture, meeting people, seeing schools- any suggestions?

• glomarie's Profile Photo

TRAVELING AT END OF AUGUST

by glomarie Online Now Aug 18, 2007 at 1:24 PM

Hi:

We are traveling with my grandson age 10 who have a dream of seeing the artic ocean. When I was in Barrow about 15 years ago, I was impressed with the amount of ice that formed the Artic ocean; today, as I see in photos grand part has disappeared, so we want to take our grandson before it is all gone. He love Alaska's wilderness and he expressed the best when he said "Alaska has no fences, is all open and I love it;" we took him to Denali two years ago and stay in a campground cabin. Is there such thing in Barrow?

We want to take him on a wilderness tour. Could you suggest one? Also we want some inexpensive accommodations. Any suggestions?

Thank you

gloria

• Polar Bear Tour Suggestions

by peter_gert Online Now May 26, 2007 at 4:32 PM

I am traveling to Barrow in late July and would like to take see a polar bear. Any suggestions about tours or ones to avoid ??

Peter

4 Answers Jun 14, 2008 at 9:27 PM
    • Where to stay in Barrow?

by lawgirl14 Online Now May 14, 2007 at 7:49 PM

Does anyone know of any place to stay in Barrow for a week? The only place that comes up on-line is the King Eider Inn which is booked up.
      Any info greatly appreciated. Can't find anything on-line...
      Mary

2 Answers May 15, 2007 at 1:50 AM
    • Barrow in August

by rdob Online Now Jun 26, 2006 at 10:57 AM

We have made tentative reservations with Alaska Airlines tours to take a day trip from Fairbanks to Barrow with our kids (13 and 11) at the end of a cruise/land tour in August. A lot of money but sounds like a once in a lifetime experience. But, one major question: we'll bring warm clothes but do we need snow boots? Any suggestions before we take this trip?

1 Answer Jun 26, 2006 at 2:35 PM
    • Getting to Barrow Alaska

by stevenrichard Online Now Apr 24, 2006 at 12:26 PM

On a tour of Alaska this summer and want to got to Northernmost point. I cannot fly there....I know there's a "highway" that goes to Prudhoe Bay from Fairbanks but how do I go after that? Do they have "tundra buggies?" Is there a local Indian community there that can help get us there?

6 Answers Apr 28, 2006 at 1:43 PM
    • Labor trade for housing

by cberhodes39 Online Now Oct 4, 2005 at 3:42 PM

A 29 year old single female and a 22 year old single female both need a place to stay for 2-3 weeks in Barrow, Alaska. Unfortunately we could not find any information on hostels in Barrow.

Dates: Mid-December 2005 to early January, 2006

We are both hard working women who would trade labor for housing. Perferred to stay together but willing to seperate.

Question: Is there any body in Barrow or the outskirts willing to trade?

Do not need fancy. We can do anything from cleaning to building and we will learn.
      Thank you.
      Your friendly travelers, Courtney and Melissa

4 Answers Oct 4, 2006 at 2:00 AM
    • Labor trade for housing

by cberhodes39 Online Now Oct 4, 2005 at 3:39 PM

A 29 year old single female and a 22 year old single female both need a place to stay for 2-3 weeks in Barrow, Alaska. Unfortunately we could not find any information on hostels in Barrow.

We are both hard working women who would trade labor for housing. Perferred to stay together but willing to seperate.

Question: Is there any body in Barrow or the outskirts willing to trade?

Do not need fancy. We can do anything from cleaning to building and we will learn.
      Thank you.
      Your friendly travelers, Courtney and Melissa

1 Answer Oct 15, 2005 at 3:48 PM
    • Photos in winter

by sachindun Online Now Jul 15, 2004 at 8:20 PM

Hi, I am back with another question... howdo u click pictures in cold temperature? i heard batteries get spoiled?Does the camera also "drops dead" as normally all such stuff has a temperature range within which it should be kept?

2 Answers Aug 17, 2004 at 3:43 PM
    • Winter travel in Barrow

by sachindun Online Now Jul 15, 2004 at 8:10 PM

Hello, I am from India who is now in USA.I have not seen severe US winters.I am planning to visit Barrow in November end,I have a 4 yr old kid who will accompany me.I was thinking of taking an overnight tour from Fairbanks to Barrow. I had a few questions plz answer them: (1) Can i get rented "heavy" winter clothes for this visit?If so from where? (2)I want to see polar bears.Can that be arranged .From where and will i be able to see in an overnight visit? (3)How dangerous is it there ?e.g snowstorms etc. Plz advise me, Thanks, |Sachin

4 Answers Jul 17, 2004 at 4:30 PM
    • Housing

by Toni1952 Online Now Feb 26, 2004 at 8:23 PM

If a person wanted to live there a full year...Is there housing available and what price range

1 Answer Feb 27, 2004 at 6:19 AM
    • Getting to Barrow

by goblinair Online Now Jun 26, 2003 at 9:49 AM

Where can I get a cheap flight to barrow. The cheapest I have found is 450 dollars for a flight from either anchorage or fairbanks and one night stay included,

2 Answers Jul 12, 2003 at 6:27 PM