Barrie

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Accommodations

Pelee Island Apr 11, 2014 at 10:36 AM

My boyfriend and I are planning to stay on Pelee Island for a weekend in May. What type of accommodation would you suggest ... one of the inns/motels or a cottage (we aren't really B & B people). If you have any recommendations that would be ideal for a couple, I would appreciate hearing from you.

Thank you!

Cin

more
    • Buses from Buffalo Airport to Toronto Downtown after 10 pm

Toronto Apr 6, 2014 at 10:44 AM

Hi,
      My flight will land Buffalo airport at 9.45 PM. And I need to come to Toronto downtown from Buffalo airport. The last greyhound bus from Buffalo to toronto is at 9.30 pm. And next bus is 3 am next day.

Cab you guys please suggest me what are the other cheapest option to come to toronto after landing buffalo at 9.45 pm?

Thanks in advance.

more
    • Jack5750's Profile Photo

YYZ - AHU - KUL

Toronto Mar 20, 2014 at 3:02 PM

Hi guys, how are all doing? Well I have a quick question as this is my first time flying in 14 yrs. I am going to Kuala Lumpur from Toronto. I am flying with Etihad Airways and it stops at Abu Dubai for 6 hrs.. Do I have to clear customs, and pick up my luggages when I land? What is the procedure in Dubai since the stop over is for 6 hrs? I appreciate all your help and as much answers would be helpful. Thank you all and have a nice day.

more
    • Layover in Canada

Toronto Mar 28, 2014 at 1:54 PM

I have a 1 hr layover at Toronto to connect my flight to Copenhagen, is that amble time to make my connecting flight?

more
    • Muslim Woman visiting Canada

Windsor Mar 23, 2014 at 11:18 AM

Hi! I'm a young Muslim woman from Dubai, UAE coming to Canada with my brother for approximately 15-20 days on vacation in June. I've never been to Canada before so I'm really excited but apprehensive at the same time because I wear the Islamic face-veil. (Although I've heard Canadians are nice people and are more open to other cultures) Windsor is one of our stops. Do you think I'll have a problem with wearing the veil in Windsor? I understand people might be curious and stare but I don't want to face any harassment. I plan to wear coloured ones to try and blend in a little.

Thanks! :)

more
    • mickey.p's Profile Photo

Where to stay?

by mickey.p Online Now Oct 28, 2013 at 7:52 AM

Hi, I'm visiting Canada from 20th to 28th December, our plan was to do 2-3 nights Toronto, 4-5 Nights Barrie and 1 night Niagara before leaving for our next destination.

We have friends in Innisfil near Barrie hence us staying there, we will be there over Christmas etc, can anyone recommend somewhere to stay? I know very little about Barrie and imagined a lake with hotels surrounding it but when researching the hotels I find them all on major highways etc!

We are looking for middle of the road, good reviews in OK location - if we can get a suite then even better so we can make basic meals etc. We have considered Monte Carlo, Comfort Inn, The Hampton inn and Suites, Days Inn and such like but not making headway - can anyone recommend one or 2?

We are also considering staying in Barrie for 7 nights and commuting to Toronto as we don't want to do too much there - is this realistic? It's only an idea but my friends husband commutes for work and also my friends son is probably going to want to come to Toronto with our son so thought it was worth considering!

Any advice is appreciated!

1 Answer Oct 28, 2013 at 7:41 PM
    • Mom's

by susanneellis Online Now Jul 4, 2010 at 5:04 PM

Does Mom's Restaurant in Barrie have a location in Alliston? If so what is the address? Thank you.
      jay

4 Answers Sep 3, 2011 at 6:37 PM
    • Barrie College

by Saturday28 Online Now Jul 12, 2009 at 5:03 PM

HI: Anyone familiar with Georgian College (Barrie Campus).I should start school there soon, so I am trying to get information about the Town, and the College.If anyone has any information, experiences, anything to share I would be grateful .

Thanks

• Shopping discounts in Barrie !

by drociu Online Now Jan 3, 2007 at 3:03 PM

Hello !

I will be visiting Barrie in 3 weeks from now.
      I am going to buy from Futureshop an laptop and a digital camera.

Are you kind to tell me which are the discounts periods in this area ?

Thank you.

3 Answers Jan 4, 2007 at 3:13 AM
    • CdnJane's Profile Photo

Anyone going to the Barrie Live 8 Concert?

by CdnJane Online Now Jun 21, 2005 at 7:45 PM

Just curious what others think about Barrie, and "Park Place" (formerly Molson's Park) getting the concert instead of Toronto or some place else in Ontario or Canada. I hope that people aren't scared off by the fears of traffic jams - being a holiday weekend, the traffic is going to be horrible to start with, but... YIKES! I remind all those heading north to give themselves lots of time. The concert goes from 11am to 8pm.
      Remember to check out the Barrie pages for some ideas about places to eat - there are lots of restaurants at the Molson Drive exit, but they will be very crowded, I imagine. More restaurants at the Highway 400 exits to Essa Road, Dunlop Street and Bayfield Street (Hwy 26/27 north).
      Anyway, don't look for me - I know lots of back roads between Toronto & Barrie, but don't look forward to the other people that have found them too!!! So, I'll be staying in Toronto for the weekend.

2 Answers Jun 23, 2005 at 4:07 PM