Barranquilla

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Casa Baluarte

Cartagena Nov 20, 2014 at 9:20 PM

Anybody had stayed at Casa Baluarte?How was it? im preteding to stay there?

more
    • BobWaldman's Profile Photo

colombia beaches

Colombia Nov 17, 2014 at 2:39 PM

Can anyone recommend a beach with calm water with a mid level or luxury hotel, not too developed, preferably white or golden sand? Looked at San Andres and Providentale(sorry about the spelling) but they seemed to be a hassle to get there.

more
    • ChioQuiroz's Profile Photo

Tours to Ciudad Perdida (lost city) and La Guajira

Colombia Dec 8, 2014 at 5:29 AM

Hi
      Anyone has any suggestions on tour agencies to Ciudad perdida. All I've seen charge the same $600,000 COP for 4 days.
      Also, in order to keep on budget, any suggestions to got to Palomino and Cabo de la vela withour a tour or a tour is a must.
      Tks!

more
    • how to hav fun

Cartagena Nov 20, 2014 at 7:29 PM

Im planning to trip to Colombia in Jan to Feb. and i will stay in Cartagena for few days in weekend. Somebody can give me some recomendations what to do there? Im single man.
      And place to stay aswell.

more
    • Baranguilla Jazz festival and things to experience in the surroundings of the festival area

by Delchan Online Now Jul 10, 2014 at 5:08 PM

Hi there, I am considering to visit the Barranquilla jazz festival in september 2014. what hotels not far from the festival would you recommend. All I will need is a clean room, a good bed and breakfast. Any tips for things to do during the day and the nightlife in this area?

• inexpensive lodging

by nena03 Online Now Apr 11, 2014 at 5:12 PM

where can we find, pension type, live in someones home, lodging?

• Afraid of Spiders

by sberk109 Online Now Mar 12, 2014 at 7:18 AM

I am deathly afraid of giant insects/spiders and am traveling to Barranquilla for business next week. Should I be afraid?

• safety in the north

by sarahm13 Online Now Feb 10, 2014 at 1:58 PM

does anyone know where i can find information on how safe it is for Americans to travel to Barranquilla?

2 Answers Feb 17, 2014 at 12:19 PM
    • Barranquilla

by gizellealmond Online Now Jan 26, 2014 at 1:48 PM

going to barranquilla for 3 month stay. what is essential to bring.? thanks anyone

1 Answer Jan 27, 2014 at 8:21 AM
    • Bus Bogotá to Barranquilla

by twiggy57 Online Now Dec 7, 2013 at 6:10 AM

How much does the bus cost from bogotá to barranquilla?
      As flights into Bogotá are 200 euros less then flying directly to Barranquilla and I get to see some of the country. And......yes I know it takes about 22 hours :-)

1 Answer Dec 7, 2013 at 3:38 PM
    • Any inexpensive (or moderate price) hotels in Barranquilla?

by RickyCe Online Now Apr 6, 2012 at 4:27 PM

Any inexpensive (or moderate price) hotels in BAQ?

Haven't been to BAQ since 2001, looking for something for a couple of weeks to a month, but want to stay within budget (i.e. moderately priced hotel,) with kitchen (stove, fridge) - possible. But staying in a relatively safe area where I can walk most of the day, or early evening.
      Would like something closer to shops or restaurants, easy walking distance. (but not into the nightclubs too much). Not looking for women, etc. as the main purpose of my trip.

Would like some suggestions/guidance on how to secure the room, should it be online (I somehow think that's not a good idea), etc.
      Might stay for extended period if it goes well.....
      All info (up-to-date) would be appreciated...

Thanks!

• hotels night life

by seek1 Online Now Nov 4, 2010 at 4:02 PM

where are some cheap hotels in barranquilla. also what is the night life like with the ladies.

• dual citizenship

by rubbles Online Now Jul 14, 2010 at 9:10 AM

My family and I will be travelling to Baq in Dec., we are all Canadian citizens and have Canadian passports except my wife is orginally from Colombia(only been Canadian 13 yrs)so as I understand it she will need to enter and leave Colombia using her Colombian passport(DAS rules), we will be flying via Miami and she will be using her Canadian passport to re-enter the United States, my question is will it be a problem with the airline/Avanica as our plane tickets is in her married/Canadian passport name and her Colombian passport is in her maiden name, which passport should be shwon to the airline when leaving ? I assume since the airline has nothing to do with immigration showing the CDN passport should be enough. anyone have any information or experience doing this before with dual citizenship ?
      thanks

8 Answers Jul 15, 2010 at 11:01 AM
    • I need transitioning assistance

by markgottawinner Online Now Jun 14, 2010 at 8:47 AM

I will move to Barranquilla in September 2010 to immerse myself in Spanish. I have 2 semesters of spanish learned. I am mexican american. I want to attend immediately a university there to continue advancing my spanish language studies. I need help immediatley learning about money exchange rates and getting a decent, safe, close to the university apartment. I am fifty years old and retired. Please help me and let me know what to do and what not to do at first.

1 Answer Jun 14, 2010 at 6:53 PM
    • motel in Soledad

by pedrosxm Online Now May 26, 2010 at 7:19 AM

Is there a small hotel, motel, close to Metropolitan staium?

2 Answers Jun 4, 2010 at 1:26 PM
    • seeking columbia "resting place"

by texorobot Online Now Apr 17, 2010 at 6:19 PM

I've traveled extensively thruout the states & europe and now hope to spend 2 yrs or more in south america, specifically columbia this time. My concerns are more for safety than night life activities or shopping..so am hoping to find personal recommendations near the city. or possibly even cartegena. Will gladly share any info you might value from my own travels. thx., phil

1 Answer May 13, 2010 at 10:46 AM
    • tratoria's Profile Photo

BARRANQUILLA DONDE IR?

by tratoria Online Now Mar 29, 2010 at 10:45 AM

Hola,

Estare en Cartagena para la ultima semana de Mayo, quisiera pasar a Barranquilla pero que puedo visitar o hacer en 1 dia. Les agradezco toda la informacion, sobre precios, direcciones, lugares, horarios.

Gracias a todos.

• help carnival tickets

by rp123 Online Now Dec 29, 2009 at 3:41 PM

We are going to theCarnival in Barranquilla but having looked at the official website I do not understand how to book tickets. I dont understand what it all means. We would like seats to watch the processions. Please could someone give us some help
      Many thanks

2 Answers Feb 3, 2010 at 3:30 PM
    • inesbonheiden's Profile Photo

Small hotel/hospederia

by inesbonheiden Online Now Dec 22, 2009 at 9:00 AM

Hey,
      We arrive in Barranquilla late in the evening, does anybody know a small backpackers hostal in Barranquilla.We don't like the big hotels
      Thanks

1 Answer Dec 24, 2009 at 2:23 AM
    • Help needed

by uab5 Online Now Jun 29, 2009 at 3:59 PM

I am going to be traveling to barranquilla in september for 30 days from costa rica bus to panama plane there. Trying to find place to stay thats not alot of money my spanish sucks btw. Just want to compare the 2 places see where i want to live. I'm a 100% disabled gulf war vet use arm cruches to walk. I blend in with ticos until i talk since my spanish is very minimal. Any suggestion would be great if wondering im native american aferican american from the US.

• Travel Assistance Barranquilla

by Razzal Online Now May 5, 2009 at 11:31 AM

Hi,,, I'm making my frist trip to Barranquilla, could use some assistance
      if you have english speaking contact, in Barranqilla, I would appreciate being placed in contact with them,, or a interperter,, thanks for the help.
      Travler ... write travler224@yahoo.com

• efrons's Profile Photo

Best mode of transportation while in B/QUILLA?

by efrons Online Now Feb 2, 2008 at 9:26 PM

I am planning a trip within the next year and I was wondering if it would be wise to rent a car while I am there. I plan on going to the beach every chance that I get, but I am not sure if I should drive there. A friend of mine has mention that while she was there, she took buses to the beach, but I am not sure I want to be stuck on a bus schedule while I am having fun in the sun. Is there anyone out there that can find a solution to my problem?

4 Answers Jan 18, 2010 at 11:25 AM
    • metal_warrior's Profile Photo

Where is this Museum

by metal_warrior Online Now Nov 29, 2007 at 7:45 AM

hi do you have any idea, about the address, phone number of this museum.

3 Answers Dec 14, 2007 at 8:38 AM
    • Traegary's Profile Photo

some one give me advise...

by Traegary Online Now Jul 4, 2007 at 6:51 PM

I am an American who wants to go to Barranquilla and maybe stay for a couple months.. I want to find an apartment funrished is that possible? in the north part of town.is it hard to meet colombian friends? I speak some spainsh and am learning more every day!I am not your typical arragont american i am very open minded.i am 34 single male whowants to experience colombia culture. maybe meet a nice colombia girl.Will i be safe? can anyone give me advise and anyone who lives there can you send me your e-mail so maybe you can give me guidence when i come and i will know someone there..everybody thinks im crazy for wanting to come to colombia!

2 Answers Dec 15, 2007 at 10:01 PM
    • Room in B'quilla...

by Costarardo Online Now Dec 17, 2006 at 3:35 AM

Hi, I'm looking for a room (could be with a local family or independent)for about three months, from jan/feb 2007.Must include a good internet connection.

Hola, busco una habitacíón en B'quilla por unos tres meses, desde enero/febrero de 2007. Puede ser en una casa de familia o independiente. Lo más importante es que incluya internet banda ancha. Soy holandés de 37 años, hablo español. Saludos de Gerard.

1 Answer Feb 3, 2010 at 3:01 PM
    • onebadcat's Profile Photo

Hotels in Barranquilla??

by onebadcat Online Now Dec 7, 2006 at 6:25 PM

I see there are already a few posts asking about economic hotels in Barranquilla. However the price ranges discussed are high for us!! Anyone know of a great, ultra cheap ($0-$10 maybe15 dollars for two people) place to stay in that city? Will be there for Carnival and need to book something soon - so any contact info would be dandy as well.

Cheers

Scott

1 Answer Dec 8, 2006 at 2:09 AM
    • Cathedrals and museums

by danie5j Online Now Dec 4, 2006 at 9:35 AM

Where do I search to find cathedrals and museums in Barranquilla? I'm doing this for a project in Spanish and I need your help.

1 Answer Apr 9, 2007 at 6:07 PM
    • Shopping in Barranquilla Colombia

by pelon1972 Online Now Aug 27, 2006 at 12:05 PM

I would like to know if anybody could recomend on some cool stores to shop at while in Baranquilla,Colombia....

• Hotel economico

by maqc185 Online Now Jul 5, 2006 at 2:09 PM

Hola:

Planeo ir de vacaciones a barranquilla y me gustaria ubicar un hotel economico y centrico (centros comerciales, almacen el exito) que ofrezca el servicio de transporte aeropuerto hotel y hotel aeropuerto.
      Gracias

Hello

I am from Panama, I would like to travel to barranquilla but I want to know about a cheap hotel near from the shopping center, also the hotel can offer the service to transportation from airport to hotel and hotel to airport.

Thank

• Barranquilla vs Cartagena

by aikoallday Online Now Jun 11, 2005 at 4:52 PM

I am planning to go to Cartagena and or Baranquilla by the end of the summer . I just have a couple weeks. Im thinking about settling down there. Setting my sights on a potential places to retire someday, or call a second home. I traveled a lot but never here. Besides just traveling, which would be a better place live for a gringo who speaks very basic spanish. The cost of living, so many women, and the fact that the coast of Columbia seems to be at the beginning of an upswing for international tourism and real estate investment( re investing is my business too so Im thinking to buy a house since prices seem to be starting to go up as the place seems to be gettin safer) Cartegena seems a better choice. What do ya'll think. Which is hotter. Is it really humid. Cartegena seems to be more modern and have more amenities and conveniences. Plus the beaches seem more beautiful???

6 Answers Apr 3, 2007 at 6:33 PM
    • GoShep51's Profile Photo

were is everything in barranquilla

by GoShep51 Online Now May 3, 2005 at 7:57 PM

I want to dance, dance and dance. I want to eat chicken and fish. I want to take in a movie, go to the port and to other close by city on the bus. I want to go fishing and spend the night on the beach also. What is there to do there? If any one want to meet me and the family let me know. I will be there for 40 days and 40 nights.

3 Answers Apr 6, 2012 at 5:52 AM
    • TravelSooz's Profile Photo

Film Schools and Media Organizations

by TravelSooz Online Now Mar 1, 2005 at 1:05 PM

Dear VT-ers,

I am planning on travelling to Barranquilla in June/July and was wondering if anyone knows of any digital video editing short courses in the city or of film programmes/media organizations that may have information on this? I work in documentary film and am hoping to make contact with people doing this kind of thing in the area.

Thanks!

2 Answers Mar 1, 2005 at 1:05 PM
    • Cartagena to Barranquilla

by AussieAussieAussie Online Now Feb 21, 2005 at 6:39 PM

Hello people... A family friend of mine will be travelling from Cartagena to Barranquilla, then flying to Miami. Can anyone answer the following question: What is the safest way to get from C to B? It is only a short distance, is it worth getting a plane? Money is of no concern, and THE SAFEST option is vital. If flying is an available option, are there any airlines you could recommend more highly then others? If flying is not an option, what is the safest? Can anyone suggest specific companies etc? Thank you in advance!

5 Answers May 27, 2005 at 4:49 AM
    • Hotels In Barranquilla

by zagorra Online Now Feb 8, 2005 at 7:37 AM

Hello All, I will be going to Barranquilla in two weeks. Can someone please recommend a decent hotel in25 to40 a night range. Thanks

3 Answers Feb 13, 2006 at 8:10 AM