Barranquilla Travel Answers

change location
Traegary's Profile Photo

some one give me advise...

by Traegary Online Now Jul 4, 2007 at 6:51 PM

I am an American who wants to go to Barranquilla and maybe stay for a couple months.. I want to find an apartment funrished is that possible? in the north part of town.is it hard to meet colombian friends? I speak some spainsh and am learning more every day!I am not your typical arragont american i am very open minded.i am 34 single male whowants to experience colombia culture. maybe meet a nice colombia girl.Will i be safe? can anyone give me advise and anyone who lives there can you send me your e-mail so maybe you can give me guidence when i come and i will know someone there..everybody thinks im crazy for wanting to come to colombia!

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • Re: some one give me advise...

by Rogui Online Now Aug 4, 2007 at 11:44 PM

Chances are BxUnika has never been to Barranquilla. People in other Colombian cities speak ill of that nice place, usually because they visit Cartagena or Santa Marta by bus and they only see the slums when they pass by! If only they knew Colombian 20th century history, they would know why it has traditionally been called Colombia's Golden Gate.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • mrmiata's Profile Photo

Re: some one give me advise...

by mrmiata Online Now Dec 15, 2007 at 10:01 PM

Hi-
    Not sure about a furnished apt....try the Bellavista area, it's a safe part of town with restaurants etc. It's pretty easy to make friends, the locals are quite friendly, somewhat like the deep American south. You'll pick up Spanish quickly which is good since I hardly ever hear English spoken there. As far as being safe, just use common sense and you'll be fine. Like everywhere there is street crime but I'd pay more attention to the scam artists....some of my friends think I'm crazy to go there (I go every 6 weeks or so) but I'm not interested in advice from people who haven't been there! The girls there.......pretty and more affectionate than most American girls. Also try to get to Cartagena to visit or Santa Marta, both cool places worth going to. Hope this helps.........

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near Barranquilla