Barra Island

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Fishing Loch Cainard / Ardmair Point

Ullapool Jun 11, 2014 at 9:02 AM

What sort of fish can be caught in the Loch?

more
    • buss from glasgow

Loch Lomond Jul 8, 2014 at 6:02 AM

wat nimber and were can i get a bus from glasgow to balloch ,staying at the inn keepers lodge

more
    • Transportation around Inverness

Inverness Jun 25, 2014 at 2:33 PM

We want to visit MacBean(MacBain) Memorial Gardens near Inverness. How can we get there?

more
    • OBAN Railroad Station

Oban Jun 30, 2014 at 5:31 PM

How far is the Oban Railroad Station from the port where the Crystal Symphony be anchored? How much will a taxi cost? Or is there a bus?
      There is a 2-1/2-Hour bus tour but I need to get to the Railroad Station. Thanks for your help.

more
    • MrMartin's Profile Photo

How could 14 students (15 - 17 years) from Liechtenstein get in contact with locals?

Edinburgh Jun 19, 2014 at 2:05 AM

We will stay from 23.- 30. June in Edinburgh. It would be nice to have a small sightseeing tour or interessting contact to locals for my 14 students. The goals are: To learn from another culture (even it it is not so different to the Liechtenstein one :-) and to speak English... Do you have some ideas? (We stay in the citycenter of Edinburgh, Cowgate)

more
    • DaisyWhite's Profile Photo

Epocas, tours y lugares imperdibles.-Seasons , tours and places not to be missed.

Scotland Jun 11, 2014 at 1:17 PM

Otoño y primavera son mis estaciones favoritas para viajar pero ¿No hace mucho frio en Escocia en esa época?
      ¿Cuales son los mejores meses para ir?
      Que es mejor:1) hacer base en Edimburgo y a)Tomar pequeños tours o excusiones breves desde allí o b)Ir por su cuenta a lugares determinados o 2)Ir recorriendo en base a un itinerario? Se puede hacer por tren sin problemas?
      ¿Qué lugares son imperdibles?
      ¡La comida es más cara que en otros lugares de Europa?
      ------
      Autumn and Spring are may favourite seasons to travel. But isn't too cold in Scotland in these months? Which are the best to go?
      What is better: 1) Stay in Edinburgh and a)Take little tours or short trips from there or b) Go on his own to specific places or 2) Travel following and itinerary. Is it possible doing it by train without problems? Could you tell me what are the places not to be missed?
      Is food much more expensive than in other countries of Europe?

more
    • how to reach isle of skye from edinburgh-waverly station

Isle of Skye Jul 1, 2014 at 3:34 AM

hi, i will be travelling to scotland in the month of july and have already booked the hotel . we are family of 7, we want to visit isle of skye.since the booking of the hotel has already been done so the visit will be a day tour. can u please suggest the best way to reach the place

more
    • London train

Edinburgh Jun 19, 2014 at 4:39 PM

Hi everyone!!To go from Edinburgh to London by train making a overnight stop in York, do I have to buy separate tickets for each stop or only one to London and just get off in York and board again the next day? Thanks!!

more
    • Dabs's Profile Photo

Day trips from Edinburgh

Edinburgh Jun 16, 2014 at 9:31 PM

I'm heading to Edinburgh for 5 days prior to heading on to England and Scotland in mid August. I've been to Edinburgh a couple of times so I've seen most of the sights there, however, I'll be there during a whole pile of festivals including the Fringe festival so I still need to do some research on that Here's what I've got as my tentative plan, I've already purchased a historic Scotland pass (3 days out of 4 consecutive days) that includes a lot on my list:

Day 1 arrive 7:45am after overnight flight, check in, spend some time in Edinburgh
      Day 2 Stirling Castle, Doune Castle (Monty Python)-both on Pass
      Day 3 Possible daytrip to see some other part of Scotland
      Day 4 Linlithgow Castle, Blackness Castle-both on Pass
      Day 5 Craigmillar Castle, Edinburgh Castle-both on Pass, leave 6pm for Manchester

It's been suggested that I can also see Linlithgow on the Stirling day, by a local, since they are in the same general direction, the train ticket appears to allow breaks in the journey so I'll play by ear. If I do that, then Blackness will probably get chopped and I might just stay in Edinburgh

For day 3, I was looking at a couple of companies, Rabbies and Timberbush and they both have Loch Ness trips, one includes Uruqhart, one doesn't, about the same price, the Uruqhart trip is 1/2 hour longer, 12 hours vs. 12 1/2 hours. I understand that it's a long way each direction, 3 hours or so, they both go by Rannoch Moor, Glencoe, Fort Augustus, spend approx. 2 hours at Loch Ness including an optional boat trip, Grampian mountains and a stop at Pitlochry. Thoughts? People seem to love the companies but then I'm reading a lot about Loch Ness and that it's not all that (Loch Ness monster sightings not withstanding). The closer Loch tours all include one of the castles I was planning on seeing on my own, I guess I could do the Loch Lomond tour and see the town of Stirling while everyone else toured the castle. Or delete Stirling Castle from day 2 and see something else. Less driving, is that Loch more scenic?

more
    • Aviemore to Glasgow Airport

Aviemore Jun 21, 2014 at 7:14 PM

I am flying to Dublin on July 23rd leaving at 2:45. I will have been staying in Aviemore and want to know how to get to the Airport as quickly as possible on the morning of July 23rd.
      Thank you for your advice.

more

Near Barra Island