Bari Travel Answers

change location

help on accomodation in summer 2009 in possibly Bari

by masha_zinger Online Now Nov 7, 2008 at 3:18 AM

Dear friends,

I'm in a serious lack of help, please, share all your experience, which I would appreciate highly! And anytime you need mine, I'm all yours! :)
The thing is that we (two young couples and a single friend of ours) are coming to Italy on the 28th of june and are staying untill the 12th of july. We're looking for an unexpensive way to spend our holidays by the sea...But as we've never been to Italy we don't know what to start our search with and where to look for rental suggestions. We are looking for any nice region by the sea side, where the house or an appartment or nice bungalo even would cost 1000 euro per two weeks per whole maximum (for the perioud of our staying)...might be a fisherman's village or a small town..whatever...We personally are more interested in a small kinda ethnic fisherman's house near the sea, than an appartment in a new built cottage. We are not that much concerned about the condition, you know..it should just be nice and romantic :)...Could you please be so kind to recommend us some regions where we should look for such an accomodation? Do you think we could find something nice (pretty near to the sea) by 1000 euro max in the perioud? Where (what web sites) can we look for such rental suggestions? Thank you in advance for any kind of information!!!Yours forever, Masha from Russia :)

Quote & Answer
1 Answer
  • Ronaldinho86's Profile Photo

Re: help on accomodation in summer 2009 in possibly Bari

by Ronaldinho86 Online Now Nov 10, 2008 at 12:39 AM

Sorry,I can't help you...but I can say that an "ethnic fisherman's house near the sea" could be very difficult (if not impossible) to find in any italian touristic area.Try to find a normal apartment or villa in a sea-village.
    About the price,you might find something (but 1000euro for 2 weeks aren't so much...especially in more touristic and famous areas).I suggest you to search something in Puglia,Basilicata,Calabria or Sicilia,where the offer is various,the sea is nice and you could also visit nice,unique,enjoyable and romantic villages.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines