Barfleur Travel Answers

change location
YeongsunK's Profile Photo

Barfleur! How can I get there?

by YeongsunK Online Now Aug 10, 2012 at 10:43 PM

Hello! Freinds,
Here is Seoul, Korea.
I want to go Barfleur, but I can't seach information.
From paris,how do I get there?
I will use public transportation(etc train/bus..)
Is there are beautiful?
Compared to Honfleur,view different or similar?
I hope your help.
Thks~

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • cubsur's Profile Photo

Re: Barfleur! How can I get there?

by cubsur Online Now Aug 10, 2012 at 11:21 PM

To reach Barfleur from Paris you must take the train to either Valognes or Cherbourg. Barfleur is a small village by the sea and has no train station. It is 29km from Cherbourg or 25km from Valognes.

Train times at www.voyages-sncf.com

Bus number 12 runs four times each weekday, two times on Saturdays, between Cherbourg and Barfleur. Bus 13 runs four times each weekday, three times on Saturdays, between Valogne railway station and Barfleur. There are no buses on Sundays or public holidays.

transports.manche.fr/lignes-...

I have never been to Barfleur but from the pictures it looks a pretty place. It was once a major port, back in old times.

I hope this helps.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • gwened's Profile Photo

by gwened Online Now Aug 11, 2012 at 12:35 PM

not way like HOnfleur the second most visited place in NOrmandy after MSM.
    But a pretty town yes.

You have been given good advise in that there is no train station like Honfleur ::)

So yes Valognes is the closest station. this line should take you there but in there i use the car, never public transport.
    101/102 VALOGNES-ST VAAST LA HOUGUE - BARFLEUR - CHERBOURG-OCTEVILLE
    Ligne 104 VALOGNES-SOTTEVAST
    Ligne 105 VALOGNES

here is the main line in pdf
    vtni50.fr/ftp/FR_documents_v...

hope it helps

• Beausoleil's Profile Photo

by Beausoleil Online Now Aug 11, 2012 at 4:01 PM

They are both lovely port towns with excellent seafood restaurants. However, Honfleur is larger and there is a lot more to see and do there. The main similarity is that they both have a port, ocean and ships. In Honfleur there are separate ports and the inner one at the Old Town is very picturesque and there will be artists painting the scenery there. There are museums and shops to visit. Both have interesting churches although the one in Honfleur is perhaps the more interesting because it is made of wood, very unusual in France.

If you can get to both, I highly recommend that just to make the comparison. If you can only see one of them, you might enjoy Honfleur more.

Type both town names into the VT Search Window above and see what VT members have already written about them. There will be photos, reviews, things to see and do and links to other web sites with more information.

We've driven so I can't help with transportation although it looks like you have been given excellent advice above.

Enjoy your trip.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines