Bardolino

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Venice and day trips

Venice Dec 2, 2014 at 3:30 AM

I'm going to Venice for my birthday in february (2 days after the carnival ends). This is going to be my second time in Venice. I booked the same hotel there.

As I love the city, this time I want to explore also more of the Veneto places. I have only 3.5 days. I'm not that into museums or churches, I like to explore beautiful cities with nice views and good atmosphere. Where do you recommend me to go?

I thought for the first day to take a train to Verona. The second day train to Cittadella, Vicenza and Bassano del grappa (is it doable all 3 in the same day??) the third day to Padova and more of venice and the forth day again Venice. Is that a good plan? Should I go to other places instead? I wish I could go to the dolmitie mountains or lake garda but it's too far and not the season (not into doing ski) so maybe next time...

Also, in Venice I really liked the 3 islands, especially burano so I'll go there again, but I've never been to Lido. Should I go just to see it or not because it's off the season?? do you have any other suggestions for places to go for someone who was in Venice? I did the Doge's palace tour, I went into the tower to see the view and the basilica, even a bit at the local island (Juduca I think is the name?)

Thanks for any help! :)

more
    • Will all shops in Venice be closed on 25 & 26th Dec?

Venice Nov 26, 2014 at 7:15 AM

Hi, I want to go to Venice during Xmas. However, I wonder whether all shops in Venice will be closed on 25 & 26th Dec?

more
    • How about traveling to Venice for the Carnival 2015 with two kids (2 & 4)

Venice Dec 1, 2014 at 7:18 AM

Hello there!

I'm wondering if it is wise to visit Venice during the next Carnival for 2015 with two little kids (ages 2 & 4).
      I'm looking apartments with Airbnb. Is out there a better solution? I imagine hotels are very expensive in those days.

Do you have a good web to learn everything important related to the Carnival in Venice?

Thanks a lot!

Jose

more
    • o_henna's Profile Photo

Winter carnival

Venice Dec 17, 2014 at 9:21 PM

Please guide me all about the carnival. We are a young couple visiting venice specially to be a part of the carnival. Which will be a good place to stay? Where to rent the costumes and the balls to attend. We are on a budget, but yet would like to participate in all.
      Thankyou

more
    • Trekki's Profile Photo

"Venice to ban wheeled suitcases"

Venice Nov 23, 2014 at 12:42 AM

(Not my merit, VTer @Tuzik, Olga, found it and posted this on FB:
      edition.cnn.com/2014/11/21/t...
      Quoted from this article written Nov 21, 2014 by Barry Neild, CNN:

• City officials have become so tired with the cacophony of rumbling luggage they're introducing fines of up to 500 euros ($620) for anyone caught using one.

The move, due to come into effect in May 2015, is likely to create a headache for many of 22 million who annually visit the city and need to cart bags to hotels in car-free streets.*

• The new rules, which will require luggage to be transported on quieter air-filled tires, are the idea of City Commissioner Victor Zapparlorto, according to the Il Messaggero newspaper."

more
    • staying in Bardolino, train to PESCHIERA DEL GARDA or Verona

by trvlmaven Online Now Jun 10, 2014 at 4:26 PM

We will be traveling from Milan to Bardolino on Oct. 3rd arriving about 1 or 2pm. Is it easier to catch a bus from Verona or Del Garda?

2 Answers Jun 11, 2014 at 6:58 AM
    • Best Route

by robertbugeja Online Now May 10, 2014 at 11:08 AM

What is the best route (renting a car) from Treviso Airport to Bardolino please?

1 Answer May 10, 2014 at 7:06 PM
    • What's Bardolino like? Is it busy in May. Is it a big town?

by eej86 Online Now May 7, 2014 at 2:10 PM

What's Bardolino like? Is it busy in May. Is it a big town?

4 Answers May 9, 2014 at 5:51 AM
    • Christmas week in Bardolino

by longlostpoet Online Now Nov 27, 2013 at 7:20 AM

are all places shut over Christmas ?

2 Answers Nov 29, 2013 at 3:35 AM
    • How do I get from Peschiera Del Garda to Bardolino?

by bardolinojune Online Now May 20, 2013 at 12:02 PM

How do I get from Peschiera Del Garda to Bardolino?

1 Answer May 20, 2013 at 12:29 PM
    • Places to visit near Bardolino

by wiseowls Online Now Apr 22, 2013 at 12:52 PM

We are going on our first holiday to Lake Garda at the end of May and are staying in the town of Bardolino. Can someone advise us of some nice places to visits nearby and are accessible by bus rather than the expensive ferries.

2 Answers Apr 24, 2013 at 8:01 AM
    • Cost of ferries from Bardolino

by wiseowls Online Now Apr 22, 2013 at 12:48 PM

I can find a website with the ferries time table but cannot find any prices. I believe they are very expensive, can somebody advise me please.

1 Answer Apr 22, 2013 at 12:51 PM
    • Good relazing hotel on the water

by dawnlambert2 Online Now Mar 25, 2013 at 10:35 AM

Where is a good hotel to stay with a lake view. we will be with one other couple traveling though for just one night

4 Answers Mar 25, 2013 at 4:32 PM
    • ValeryCollins's Profile Photo

Bardolino Christmas tree

by ValeryCollins Online Now Feb 4, 2011 at 12:19 PM

Does anyone know the significance of the Christmas tree in Bardolino this Christmas that had photographs of people hanging from the branches?

2 Answers Feb 5, 2011 at 2:59 AM
    • bardolino bus

by dalek55 Online Now Sep 16, 2010 at 11:06 AM

My wife & I will be arriving at Peschiera del Garda train station on 6th.
      Oct. Where can we catch a bus to Bardolino,& how frequent are they.

4 Answers Sep 16, 2010 at 10:58 PM
    • marsi77's Profile Photo

Bardolino facilities

by marsi77 Online Now Jul 17, 2008 at 8:57 AM

Will be travelling soon to Lake Garda and staying in an apartment in Via Europa Unita in Bardolino. Can anyone please tell me whether the bus stop is very far from this street? Also, would anyone know whether there are any supermarkets nearby? I will be travelling with my 6 month old son and would require to buy nappies for him and also vegetables. Thanks a lot

1 Answer Jul 18, 2008 at 1:02 AM
    • hutchk1's Profile Photo

Bus Station Location

by hutchk1 Online Now May 20, 2008 at 9:07 AM

Hi... we are staying at The Hotel Gardenia in Bardolino, Lake Garda. We will be arriving by bus from Verona. Does anyone know how far the bus station in Bardolino is to the Hotel? Is it within walking distance. We will have 2 large suitcases and baby. Any help would be much appreciated. Thank you.

• Venice to Bardolino

by Shirleyscholes Online Now Jul 11, 2007 at 6:04 AM

Hi, I am travelling July 2008 to Bardolino. We can fly from Manchester or Liverpool. Manchester flights to Verona are very expensive (we need 11 nights, Sat to Wed) It seems much cheaper to fly either to Venice Marco Polo or Venice Treviso. Does anyone know the likely taxi transfer cost and travelling time from either for 3 passengers.

1 Answer Jul 11, 2007 at 7:20 AM
    • Annual Bardolino Wine Fest

by Chuck_d7 Online Now Jan 24, 2007 at 6:50 AM

I would like to know the dates for the 2007 Bardolino Winfest that takes place around Septembet and October please?

2 Answers May 4, 2007 at 1:09 PM
    • Garda Wedding 2007

by GnR0034 Online Now Nov 27, 2006 at 7:00 AM

Hi

I am getting married in July 2007 in Garda but my hotel is in Bardolino. I am looking for advice on local restaurants in either town for party of 15. I have good Knowledge of Italy as my gran and my dad are Italain. But none of us has been to Lake Garda before. Would be grateful for any input.

Paula

1 Answer Nov 27, 2006 at 8:54 AM
    • campsites around Lake Garda

by valerie.campbell1 Online Now Oct 23, 2006 at 10:49 AM

Can anyone recommend any good and reasonably priced campsites around Lake Garda and the Trentino region.

Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Ian

1 Answer Apr 23, 2007 at 1:30 PM
    • Bardolino transport

by valerie.campbell1 Online Now Oct 23, 2006 at 10:46 AM

Is there a bus from Bardolino to Verona? We wish to meet friends at Verona Airport and would like any advice as to getting there.

Thank you.

Valerie

2 Answers May 4, 2007 at 1:12 PM
    • Public Transport

by Billsinc Online Now Jan 23, 2006 at 1:00 PM

What is public transport like in Bardolino.
      For example during the day how do you travel from Bardolino to the likes of Garda, Pescheria, Vernona. At night what is the transport like, last bus train? Are there taxi's what sort of price are they. Any advice would be helpful. Thanks

2 Answers Jan 24, 2006 at 4:58 AM
    • restaurant for a wedding party

by dazzaq Online Now Mar 22, 2005 at 2:10 PM

Hi

We are getting married in Verona in June and are currently trying to organise an evening reception meal. At this stage we aren't sure whether to hold the reception in Verona itself or back at our resort in Bardolino, Lake Garda.

I think our preference is to have the meal in Bardolino. The question for the forum therefore is can you help out with restaurants. We will have 15 people in total. We are looking for a homely restaurant with good food, friendly staff and somewhere with a bit of atmosphere.

If we decide to have the meal in Verona, where would be a good place to go?

Any help greatly appreciated.

1 Answer Mar 22, 2005 at 2:50 PM
    • getting there

by mauricebailey44 Online Now Mar 11, 2005 at 4:01 AM

How do I get to Bardolino from Brescia airport. Bus to the railway station and then to Peschiera and onward by bus or taxi? I can bus to Verona and then another bus to Bardolino, but this is long and awkward. Help please!

5 Answers Mar 12, 2005 at 4:22 AM