change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Nic2004's Profile Photo

Carrer Sicilia

by Nic2004 Online Now Jan 6, 2015 at 10:40 AM

Is this a recommandable place to discover Barcelona for about 4-5 days?

more

Is accommodation in Carrer Scilia recommandable?

by Nic2004 Online Now Jan 6, 2015 at 10:16 AM

Hi @ all, We'll stay 4-5 days in Barcelona at the end of February. Would you recommend Carrer Sicilia? Is this a good place to discover the city? Sagrada Familia doesn't seem to be too far, but I'm not yet informed about the City, to be true. Any suggestions? As always, your helpful answers will be well appreciated. Thanks in advance and a happy new year to you all. Nic

more
    • Beach towns near Barcelona

by jmcgill Online Now Jan 4, 2015 at 3:20 PM

Hi all. This my first posting on VT. We are two retired couples traveling to Spain and Portugal next September for almosta month. We are flying into Barcelona on Sept 6 and thought it would be nice to head to one of the nice beach towns north or west of Barcelona for the first few days as we settle into the time zone! A nice sea view would be lovely, and somewhere where we can easily walk out to local restqurants . I've done some research and can't decide between somewhere like Tossa de mar in the Costa Braga or maybe around d Cambrils in Costa Dorada. Thoughts would be so appreciated. We were not planning to rent a car until later in our trip, so we will be making our way from Barcelona Into. Airport. Then we would move on to Barcelona., Madrid, etc. Before heading to Portugal.

more
    • What to do in Barcelona

by nicole.williams82 Online Now Jan 23, 2015 at 11:28 AM

Hello,

My husband and I (both in our early 30s) are going to be in Barcelona mid May for 4-5 nights. What's the best are to stay in? I was looking at maybe the Gothic Quarter?
      Are there places we should take day trips to nearby that we can take the train to?
      Is 4 nights enough or do we need 5? We will be taking the train to France for the rest of the trip.

Thanks!
      Nicole

more

Or is Carrer Perecamps, 08001 Barcelona, Spanien better for a stay?

by Nic2004 Online Now Jan 6, 2015 at 11:58 AM

Would appreciate your comment.

more
    • jmj0's Profile Photo

Travel from Barcelona to Italy

by jmj0 Online Now Jan 4, 2015 at 7:47 PM

The wife and I are on an organized tour of Spain which finishes in Madrid on the 25th May 2015.We then wish to travel independently to Barcelona and then along the coastline of France and Italy,finishing up in Sorrento for the Amalfi Coast.We wish to take approximately a month,stopping at various locations for 3-4 days.Any advice would be appreciated.At this stage we anticipate travelling mostly by train.

more
    • a Camp site

by SheilaB15 Online Now Jan 1, 2015 at 9:24 AM

Is there a Camp site close to Camp Nou football stadium ?

more
    • Camp Site

by SheilaB15 Online Now Jan 1, 2015 at 9:17 AM

Need a camp site close to Camp Nou - Barcelona ?

more
    • Places to visit / things to do

by Julez82 Online Now Jan 3, 2015 at 10:54 AM

Hi there I am looking for help myself and hubby are traveling to Barcelona on the 16th of of March for 4 nights for our 10th wedding anniversary and I need help on day trips and best places to eat and drink we have never tried tapas we had visited sidges 6 years ago but all we got to do was go on the tour bus round Barcelona so please any help gratefully received

more
    • DunaKal's Profile Photo

Hotels at sea front

by DunaKal Online Now Jan 1, 2015 at 4:47 AM

Hi all,

Can you please recommend a hotel with a sea view or has a private beach in Barcelona?
      I just need names & I'll check prices at booking.com

Thank you.

more
    • Spain-where to visit

by marc1024 Online Now Jan 1, 2015 at 3:47 PM

My wife and I are traveling to Barceloa in April to visit our daughter who is studying there. We have 9 nights and would like recommendations of what other cities to visit. We can fly, or take a train and enjoy culture, art, food and the beach. Thanks

more
    • Train from Barcelona to Madrid on September 12

by jmcgill Online Now Jan 10, 2015 at 10:22 AM

We are hoping to travel from Barcelona to Madrid on Saturday September 12. I have found flights, but was wanted to check out the options by train. I am at the renfe site (I think) and can't seem to get a schedule for that day. It seems to be asking me to change dates. Does that make sense that there would be no train on a Saturday between Barcelona and Madrid? Anyone able to help? Thanks so much!

more
    • What to do in Barcelona

by nicole.williams82 Online Now Jan 23, 2015 at 11:28 AM

Hello,

My husband and I (both in our early 30s) are going to be in Barcelona mid May for 4-5 nights. What's the best are to stay in? I was looking at maybe the Gothic Quarter?
      Are there places we should take day trips to nearby that we can take the train to?
      Is 4 nights enough or do we need 5? We will be taking the train to France for the rest of the trip.

Thanks!
      Nicole

4 Answers Jan 24, 2015 at 11:39 PM
    • Train from Barcelona to Madrid on September 12

by jmcgill Online Now Jan 10, 2015 at 10:22 AM

We are hoping to travel from Barcelona to Madrid on Saturday September 12. I have found flights, but was wanted to check out the options by train. I am at the renfe site (I think) and can't seem to get a schedule for that day. It seems to be asking me to change dates. Does that make sense that there would be no train on a Saturday between Barcelona and Madrid? Anyone able to help? Thanks so much!

13 Answers Jan 12, 2015 at 11:34 AM

Or is Carrer Perecamps, 08001 Barcelona, Spanien better for a stay?

by Nic2004 Online Now Jan 6, 2015 at 11:58 AM

Would appreciate your comment.

4 Answers Jan 14, 2015 at 3:34 PM

Carrer Sicilia

by Nic2004 Online Now Jan 6, 2015 at 10:40 AM

Is this a recommandable place to discover Barcelona for about 4-5 days?

2 Answers Jan 15, 2015 at 9:04 AM

Is accommodation in Carrer Scilia recommandable?

by Nic2004 Online Now Jan 6, 2015 at 10:16 AM

Hi @ all, We'll stay 4-5 days in Barcelona at the end of February. Would you recommend Carrer Sicilia? Is this a good place to discover the city? Sagrada Familia doesn't seem to be too far, but I'm not yet informed about the City, to be true. Any suggestions? As always, your helpful answers will be well appreciated. Thanks in advance and a happy new year to you all. Nic

2 Answers Jan 6, 2015 at 12:14 PM
    • jmj0's Profile Photo

Travel from Barcelona to Italy

by jmj0 Online Now Jan 4, 2015 at 7:47 PM

The wife and I are on an organized tour of Spain which finishes in Madrid on the 25th May 2015.We then wish to travel independently to Barcelona and then along the coastline of France and Italy,finishing up in Sorrento for the Amalfi Coast.We wish to take approximately a month,stopping at various locations for 3-4 days.Any advice would be appreciated.At this stage we anticipate travelling mostly by train.

4 Answers Jan 5, 2015 at 8:53 AM
    • Beach towns near Barcelona

by jmcgill Online Now Jan 4, 2015 at 3:20 PM

Hi all. This my first posting on VT. We are two retired couples traveling to Spain and Portugal next September for almosta month. We are flying into Barcelona on Sept 6 and thought it would be nice to head to one of the nice beach towns north or west of Barcelona for the first few days as we settle into the time zone! A nice sea view would be lovely, and somewhere where we can easily walk out to local restqurants . I've done some research and can't decide between somewhere like Tossa de mar in the Costa Braga or maybe around d Cambrils in Costa Dorada. Thoughts would be so appreciated. We were not planning to rent a car until later in our trip, so we will be making our way from Barcelona Into. Airport. Then we would move on to Barcelona., Madrid, etc. Before heading to Portugal.

2 Answers Jan 22, 2015 at 9:53 AM
    • Places to visit / things to do

by Julez82 Online Now Jan 3, 2015 at 10:54 AM

Hi there I am looking for help myself and hubby are traveling to Barcelona on the 16th of of March for 4 nights for our 10th wedding anniversary and I need help on day trips and best places to eat and drink we have never tried tapas we had visited sidges 6 years ago but all we got to do was go on the tour bus round Barcelona so please any help gratefully received

5 Answers Jan 5, 2015 at 2:56 AM
    • Spain-where to visit

by marc1024 Online Now Jan 1, 2015 at 3:47 PM

My wife and I are traveling to Barceloa in April to visit our daughter who is studying there. We have 9 nights and would like recommendations of what other cities to visit. We can fly, or take a train and enjoy culture, art, food and the beach. Thanks

6 Answers Jan 3, 2015 at 2:16 AM
    • a Camp site

by SheilaB15 Online Now Jan 1, 2015 at 9:24 AM

Is there a Camp site close to Camp Nou football stadium ?

4 Answers Jan 1, 2015 at 11:10 AM
    • Camp Site

by SheilaB15 Online Now Jan 1, 2015 at 9:17 AM

Need a camp site close to Camp Nou - Barcelona ?

4 Answers Jan 1, 2015 at 9:36 AM
    • DunaKal's Profile Photo

Hotels at sea front

by DunaKal Online Now Jan 1, 2015 at 4:47 AM

Hi all,

Can you please recommend a hotel with a sea view or has a private beach in Barcelona?
      I just need names & I'll check prices at booking.com

Thank you.

6 Answers Jan 1, 2015 at 11:26 AM
    • GracesTrips's Profile Photo

Gaudi Cathedral Condition

by GracesTrips Online Now Dec 22, 2014 at 2:42 PM

My parents when to Barcelona a couple of years ago and visited the cathedral. There was lots of scaffolding around it. Is it still like that today?

11 Answers Dec 23, 2014 at 7:47 AM
    • soccer jerseys

by stariesty Online Now Dec 18, 2014 at 11:13 PM

I want to buy barcelon jerseys for my friend as christmas gift.Where can i buy?

5 Answers Dec 19, 2014 at 7:02 AM
    • Transportation

by afique8805 Online Now Dec 3, 2014 at 4:10 PM

Hye, my flight on 15 December will be at 6.20am and i need to be there at 5am. Is there any public transportation beside taxi that woulf take me to the airport at 4.30am?

2 Answers Dec 4, 2014 at 2:01 AM
    • Anyone familiar with or from Barcelona

by HillaryH2 Online Now Nov 24, 2014 at 1:32 PM

This isn't a traveling question but I was hoping i could still receive advice .. I met a guy who came from barcelonia. Christmas is around the corner and I would like to get him something thoughtful .. Any ideas on what I should get that's culture related possibly something hell know I ordered from there ?

5 Answers Nov 26, 2014 at 7:41 AM
    • laporte73's Profile Photo

First Trip to Barcelona

by laporte73 Online Now Nov 14, 2014 at 3:25 PM

Our tour will be spending 2 nights in Barcelona starting the next few days. We are staying at the Abba Sants Hotel Numancia, 32. We would appreciate if anyone could recommend local area reasonably priced restaurants. Also, any recommended Tapas Bars in this area?

Thank you in advance for all who respond.
      Dave

1 Answer Nov 15, 2014 at 12:41 PM
    • mimiR88's Profile Photo

Safety & crowds in wintertime BCN

by mimiR88 Online Now Nov 12, 2014 at 4:10 AM

I will be in BCN from the 8th of December till the 12th of December with my boyfriend, and I have 2 questions: the one is about safety, the other is about the number of the tourists in BCN at this time of the year.

1. I have read tons of articles and forums about the safety in Barcelona, but I would like to be sure that I understand well the situation. The most important thing is: violent crime is very rare in BCN, am I right? I am asking this because I have booked a private room in a quite nice looking hostel (Uranie Barcelona) on carrer de Ferran 19., for an extremely low price (122 euros for 4 nights for 2 ppl is nearly unbelievable and the bookingcom reviews are all quite nices about this place), so I would be very happy to keep this booking if you say the situation is not that bad there as I am thinking right now. We would like to discover the city (mostly on foot) by the daytime, but also, definitely would like to go out in the evenings and return to the hostel around midnight or a little after that. My question is if we wear a money belt under our clothes and at night stay on the bigger roads (carrer de Ferran, via Laietana) there won't be any problem, right? In general, are there less pickpockets in the winter?

2. Are there less tourists in the winter? A few years ago I visited BCN in the middle of the summer and the crowds were enormous, we had to buy all our tickets to skip the queues. Do you think in the winter it is also necessary to buy all tickets in advance, or we can easily enter the places when we want? (We would like to visit Sagrada Familia, La Pedrera, Parc Güell, Fundacion Miro, Picasso Museum)

Thank you very very much!
      Mimi
      from Budapest

10 Answers Dec 12, 2014 at 8:43 AM
    • Barcelona places to visit in December ( prefer places that can do something or try new foods )

by Alvinlfc Online Now Oct 31, 2014 at 1:40 AM

Hi, I'll be coming to Barcelona in 23rd - 25th December, I'm a first timer to Barcelona and I want to ask some places which we could do something or try new things ( activities , new foods ).
      Of course i'd love sightseeing also, if you have any suggestion on where there is a spectacular sightseeing places on that date, ( maybe christmas eve / on 25th morning ) I'd like to know as well ! :)

4 Answers Nov 5, 2014 at 3:12 AM
    • URGENT : BEST PLACE TO STAY IN BARCELONA

by vickynethi Online Now Oct 29, 2014 at 12:27 PM

hi guys .. i am visiting barcelona on 30th dec .. ther until 3 jan ... plz suggest some nice places to stay .. preferably 4 star n 5 star ... location most imp ..
      also plz suggest me on eurostars grand... is it a good location?

7 Answers Nov 1, 2014 at 4:19 AM
    • Adults & Couples visit in Barcelona

by free.traveler2000 Online Now Oct 27, 2014 at 10:59 PM

My wife and I are planning to visit Barcelona in mid of January for a week for refreshment and do something stirring our life, Could you advise us where to go in Barcelona for our targets in term of Adults Only hotels, clubs, adult-styles and any palaces you recommend?

2 Answers Nov 1, 2014 at 5:11 AM
    • Where can I buy cheap pink Barcelona replica soccer shorts?

by RianfromRotterdam Online Now Oct 12, 2014 at 10:34 AM

I promised to buy 3 pink soccer shirts of the Barcelona team with the player's name at the back. But hell, they are so expensive! Even the replica's, and the printing is lousy. Can anyone tell me where they have seen them for a cheap prize in Barcelona?

3 Answers Dec 6, 2014 at 7:21 AM
    • jacquisuiza's Profile Photo

Sagrada Familia

by jacquisuiza Online Now Oct 3, 2014 at 5:53 AM

I have been in Barcelona a dozen of times but never inside Sagrada Familia. I will be there in december and try to find out how I can skip lines. On the oficial site I can buy tickets for 19.30 Euro with guided visit which will get me a entry time and a time for the guided visite. Is this the way to skip the line? On other sites I can buy tickets for 32 Euro and they say, that you can skip the line.

7 Answers Jan 23, 2015 at 12:12 PM
    • Is smoking ban obeyed?

by MichaloM Online Now Sep 29, 2014 at 12:56 AM

Can someone tell me how is it with smoking cigs in Barcelona? Is the smoking ban followed by locals or do they ignore it?

3 Answers Sep 29, 2014 at 5:32 AM
    • Hotel in Barcelona

by isacmcm Online Now Sep 22, 2014 at 2:15 AM

Hi,

We're going to Barcelona in December. Can you tell me where we can stay?
      We want a hotel in centre where we can meet Barcelona by foot.... do you have any sugestion?

Where you stay? Do you liked?

5 Answers Sep 24, 2014 at 5:17 AM
    • What to do with your Passport?

by TBarcelona Online Now Sep 18, 2014 at 6:29 AM

This is my first time traveling abroad, so I'm new to all of this. I wanted to know if I should just carry a copy of my passport with me and lock the original in the hotel safe?
      Thanks

17 Answers Sep 19, 2014 at 3:57 AM
    • SHORT TIME TO SEE BARCELONA

by yonagal Online Now Sep 18, 2014 at 4:01 AM

We will be on a cruise ship which docks at 12h00 and departs again at 18h00. What can we see in this short time and what route should we follow once embarking from the ship. We would like to see some Gaudi and perhaps the Gothic Quarter with the time we have. We will be there in November 2014.

Thanking you.

7 Answers Oct 12, 2014 at 1:46 PM
    • agathi's Profile Photo

Barcelona Sants station

by agathi Online Now Sep 12, 2014 at 11:00 PM

Hallo my friends. How much time earlier than my journey time shall I be at barcelona-sants station? Thanks alot.

17 Answers Sep 18, 2014 at 2:07 AM
    • To the airport tomorrow - Sept 11th - National Day

by ramot418 Online Now Sep 10, 2014 at 11:31 AM

I have an evening flight out of Barcelona tomorrow (Sept 11th) and was planning on taking the Airpot Bus from Placa de Catalunya around 4-5pm. Is that a bad idea? Should I go by train instead (from which station?) to avoid potential traffic problems? Thanks.

9 Answers Sep 14, 2014 at 9:00 AM
    • mcloughv's Profile Photo

Getting from Salou to Barcelona and back again

by mcloughv Online Now Sep 10, 2014 at 1:52 AM

Hi, I can't get onto the Renfe website. What time is the last train to Salou from Barcelona leaving from ESTACIO DE FRANCA on a weekday.

Is the bus a better option?

Valerie

2 Answers Sep 10, 2014 at 7:48 AM