Travel Answers
Barcelona

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Is there a cheap prepaid phone that works in Spain?

by FredRoman Online Now Apr 9, 2014 at 12:58 PM

I just want something for light use for calls to Spainish numbers and if there is an emergency at work in the US.
      And to receive texts from the US.

TIA

more
    • Pullmantur Sovereign Cruise

by tinapenn Online Now Apr 8, 2014 at 1:49 PM

Hi there, we are due to take our first cruise from Barcelona on the above ship on 31st May. I can find very little information regarding these cruises. I realise they are primarily for Spanish people but would love to hear from any English speaking passengers about their experience on the Pullmantur Sovereign. Thanks in advance

more
    • Good self catering for non driver with beach & pool with water slides or water park nearby

by vt38 Online Now Apr 7, 2014 at 5:56 PM

Can anyone recommend a good self catering hotel/apartment on the beach with pool and slides/water park nearby. Will travel in July and won't hire a car. Would like to go for 7-10 days with 2 children aged 7 & 12. Happy to go anywhere in Europe, doesn't have to be Spain

more
    • ABQ_Hugh's Profile Photo

BCN Airport>Estacio de França by Rodalies/Cercanias, where to change trains?

by ABQ_Hugh Online Now Apr 1, 2014 at 2:27 PM

When going by rail from BCN Airport (R2 Nord) to the Estacio de Estacio de França station (R2 Sud)....I know it is possible to change trains at Passeig de Gracia.

However in seeing the map, it looks like the first station after BCN Airport, El Prat de Llobregat, is also on R2 Sud.
      I can imagine El Prat de Llobregat has fewer passengers than a station like Passeig de Gracia....would it be a better place to change trains? Is it an easy change Sud comes to same platform, or do you need to change platforms?
      Thanks in advance for your advice.

more
    • Reputation of barcelonaturisme website

by Rajeshpatel Online Now Apr 14, 2014 at 9:39 AM

Hi, I am planning to do some online transactions on barcelonaturisme website. Can anybody provide any feedback on the same. I am forwarding the link for reference.
      bcnshop.barcelonaturisme.com...

more
    • Shopping for climbing rope in Barcelona

by kav789 Online Now Apr 8, 2014 at 9:00 PM

Hello, Is there anyone who can recommend a good inexpensive shop for buying rock climbing rope in Barcelona? I need two half ropes. eg Edelrid or Beal. Thanks, Alexey

more
    • SHARKFIN's Profile Photo

which hotel to stay in rhamba or best suggestion

by SHARKFIN Online Now Apr 4, 2014 at 12:20 AM

any suggestion for 3 star hotel .. la rhamba area or any other suggestion . My budget is 80 - 100 eur . I am arriving by trin from paris on 23 jun .

thanku . gracia

more
    • Ronza's Profile Photo

Trip to Barcelona June 2014

by Ronza Online Now Apr 9, 2014 at 11:56 AM

Hello. I am going with my husband to Barcelona during June. I would like to know how many days do I need to cover the most important attractions in Barcelona and what are those attractions.
      Can I visit Montserrat in one day from Barcelona?
      Thank you

more
    • MagdaM's Profile Photo

Recommendation

by MagdaM Online Now Mar 23, 2014 at 9:26 AM

Aloha!
      I would like you (if you have free time) to inform me where is the right place in Barcelona to book hotel or appartment for 7 days. I ask you because i am not the usual type of tourist. I want to live seven days as a Barcelona's citizen not as a tourist. So I would like the acommodation where I will chose to live to have metro very close and be low cost but value for money. If you don't know any hotels just tell me the region you think is fine of transportation and crime scenes.
      Finally could you recommend me valued-small-local running restaurants in which you and your friends or family would choose to eat.
      Gracias beforehand!

more
    • mrsdeano's Profile Photo

Itinerary for Barcelona and other parts

by mrsdeano Online Now Apr 10, 2014 at 9:02 AM

My husband has a three day conference in Barcelona in September. We are going to spend at least a week in Spain if not longer along with our adult daughter and son-in-law, Should we spend more than the three days in Barcelona? If not, any ideas on where to do in Spain? We have never been there before.

Thanks!

more
    • What's a good hotel in Barcelona?

by FredRoman Online Now Apr 6, 2014 at 10:57 AM

What's a good hotel in Barcelona? Not the top hotel as I'm on somewhat of a budget and not the cheapest place either, but something in the middle to above average. (I will spend 2-3 nights there, and get there via train from Valencia)

I want something close to good restaurants, and want to see Park Güell, Mont Juec, and do the hop on hop off tour. Is there anything else you'd recommend (we have two kids, 11 and 13)

What restaurants would you recommend for some Catalonian food? I've been to Valencia a few times but never Barcelona.

Is the Mont Juic area safe? I will be traveling in August, any places to avoid?

Thanks in advance!

more

Things to do in Barcelona , in 2 days

by SHARKFIN Online Now Apr 9, 2014 at 12:14 AM

I will be spending 2 nights in barcelona for the first time , arriving on Monday 23 jun from paris by train . I would like to see your recommendation on the things i shud do . Will probably do the must do thing like The sagrada church , park gruell , casa mila .. anything else i should see or do . Planning to go to the restaurant Tapas 24 and Alkimia as recommended by my fridns .. staying at Hotel Next To . thankyou Virtual tourist

more
    • amyinlondon's Profile Photo

car rental

by amyinlondon Online Now Apr 6, 2014 at 2:19 AM

Can anyone give out any money saving tips on car rental?

more
    • Barcelona Enquiry

by Mavo1 Online Now Apr 4, 2014 at 3:46 AM

Hello
      I am thinking of coming to Barcelona around November for a few days maybe a week or so.
      As I am a Barca fan, my main purpose is to see a live game.
      Any suggestions on accommodation? Is it better look into accommodation near the stadium or city?
      I don't want a typical tourist experience more like a local experience, so any suggestions of things to do in that regard?

Thank you

more
    • Sending a suitcase.

by annmarionneaux Online Now Apr 15, 2014 at 2:31 PM

We will be in Barcelona and will have either a trunk or suitcase to send to Troon, eScotland. Can you advise if the Post Office handles the above or can u suggest what is the best and most economical way to do this?. We will not be in any hurry to receive it.
      Thank you so much as I don't have a clue.

more
    • Flamenco show

by JohnMD Online Now Apr 10, 2014 at 5:52 PM

What is the best Flamenco show in Barcelona?

more
    • LarryN3's Profile Photo

cruise port to airport

by LarryN3 Online Now Apr 4, 2014 at 1:34 PM

Last time the taxi line was a mile long. Any other way to get there other than the cruise bus ripoff?

more
    • Safety in Barcelona

by gargnaveen20 Online Now Apr 15, 2014 at 2:01 PM

Is it very unsafe to travel in Barcelona, After reading reviews about Barcelona on this website, I am scared of travelling there. I got my tickets for Easter holidays.
      Could anybody comments on this please...

more
    • Best area for a one-week-stay?

by fancylandbubble Online Now Apr 7, 2014 at 3:04 PM

I'll stay in Barcelona for one week with a friend of mine. Do you recommend a certain area or do you know a nice (affordable) guesthouse we could stay at? Any other insider's tips? Thank you!

more
    • Sending a suitcase.

by annmarionneaux Online Now Apr 15, 2014 at 2:31 PM

We will be in Barcelona and will have either a trunk or suitcase to send to Troon, eScotland. Can you advise if the Post Office handles the above or can u suggest what is the best and most economical way to do this?. We will not be in any hurry to receive it.
      Thank you so much as I don't have a clue.

9 Answers Apr 16, 2014 at 7:51 AM
    • Safety in Barcelona

by gargnaveen20 Online Now Apr 15, 2014 at 2:01 PM

Is it very unsafe to travel in Barcelona, After reading reviews about Barcelona on this website, I am scared of travelling there. I got my tickets for Easter holidays.
      Could anybody comments on this please...

10 Answers Yesterday
    • Reputation of barcelonaturisme website

by Rajeshpatel Online Now Apr 14, 2014 at 9:39 AM

Hi, I am planning to do some online transactions on barcelonaturisme website. Can anybody provide any feedback on the same. I am forwarding the link for reference.
      bcnshop.barcelonaturisme.com...

3 Answers Apr 14, 2014 at 9:51 AM
    • Flamenco show

by JohnMD Online Now Apr 10, 2014 at 5:52 PM

What is the best Flamenco show in Barcelona?

8 Answers Apr 12, 2014 at 5:00 AM
    • mrsdeano's Profile Photo

Itinerary for Barcelona and other parts

by mrsdeano Online Now Apr 10, 2014 at 9:02 AM

My husband has a three day conference in Barcelona in September. We are going to spend at least a week in Spain if not longer along with our adult daughter and son-in-law, Should we spend more than the three days in Barcelona? If not, any ideas on where to do in Spain? We have never been there before.

Thanks!

5 Answers Apr 11, 2014 at 6:50 AM
    • Is there a cheap prepaid phone that works in Spain?

by FredRoman Online Now Apr 9, 2014 at 12:58 PM

I just want something for light use for calls to Spainish numbers and if there is an emergency at work in the US.
      And to receive texts from the US.

TIA

2 Answers Apr 9, 2014 at 2:02 PM
    • Ronza's Profile Photo

Trip to Barcelona June 2014

by Ronza Online Now Apr 9, 2014 at 11:56 AM

Hello. I am going with my husband to Barcelona during June. I would like to know how many days do I need to cover the most important attractions in Barcelona and what are those attractions.
      Can I visit Montserrat in one day from Barcelona?
      Thank you

5 Answers Apr 11, 2014 at 8:59 AM

Things to do in Barcelona , in 2 days

by SHARKFIN Online Now Apr 9, 2014 at 12:14 AM

I will be spending 2 nights in barcelona for the first time , arriving on Monday 23 jun from paris by train . I would like to see your recommendation on the things i shud do . Will probably do the must do thing like The sagrada church , park gruell , casa mila .. anything else i should see or do . Planning to go to the restaurant Tapas 24 and Alkimia as recommended by my fridns .. staying at Hotel Next To . thankyou Virtual tourist

7 Answers Apr 11, 2014 at 9:00 AM
    • Shopping for climbing rope in Barcelona

by kav789 Online Now Apr 8, 2014 at 9:00 PM

Hello, Is there anyone who can recommend a good inexpensive shop for buying rock climbing rope in Barcelona? I need two half ropes. eg Edelrid or Beal. Thanks, Alexey

3 Answers Apr 9, 2014 at 6:36 AM
    • Pullmantur Sovereign Cruise

by tinapenn Online Now Apr 8, 2014 at 1:49 PM

Hi there, we are due to take our first cruise from Barcelona on the above ship on 31st May. I can find very little information regarding these cruises. I realise they are primarily for Spanish people but would love to hear from any English speaking passengers about their experience on the Pullmantur Sovereign. Thanks in advance

2 Answers Apr 8, 2014 at 11:56 PM
    • Good self catering for non driver with beach & pool with water slides or water park nearby

by vt38 Online Now Apr 7, 2014 at 5:56 PM

Can anyone recommend a good self catering hotel/apartment on the beach with pool and slides/water park nearby. Will travel in July and won't hire a car. Would like to go for 7-10 days with 2 children aged 7 & 12. Happy to go anywhere in Europe, doesn't have to be Spain

2 Answers Apr 9, 2014 at 10:56 PM
    • Best area for a one-week-stay?

by fancylandbubble Online Now Apr 7, 2014 at 3:04 PM

I'll stay in Barcelona for one week with a friend of mine. Do you recommend a certain area or do you know a nice (affordable) guesthouse we could stay at? Any other insider's tips? Thank you!

10 Answers Apr 11, 2014 at 8:12 AM
    • What's a good hotel in Barcelona?

by FredRoman Online Now Apr 6, 2014 at 10:57 AM

What's a good hotel in Barcelona? Not the top hotel as I'm on somewhat of a budget and not the cheapest place either, but something in the middle to above average. (I will spend 2-3 nights there, and get there via train from Valencia)

I want something close to good restaurants, and want to see Park Güell, Mont Juec, and do the hop on hop off tour. Is there anything else you'd recommend (we have two kids, 11 and 13)

What restaurants would you recommend for some Catalonian food? I've been to Valencia a few times but never Barcelona.

Is the Mont Juic area safe? I will be traveling in August, any places to avoid?

Thanks in advance!

6 Answers Apr 11, 2014 at 9:02 AM
    • amyinlondon's Profile Photo

car rental

by amyinlondon Online Now Apr 6, 2014 at 2:19 AM

Can anyone give out any money saving tips on car rental?

8 Answers Apr 8, 2014 at 4:32 AM
    • LarryN3's Profile Photo

cruise port to airport

by LarryN3 Online Now Apr 4, 2014 at 1:34 PM

Last time the taxi line was a mile long. Any other way to get there other than the cruise bus ripoff?

9 Answers Apr 6, 2014 at 7:17 AM
    • Barcelona Enquiry

by Mavo1 Online Now Apr 4, 2014 at 3:46 AM

Hello
      I am thinking of coming to Barcelona around November for a few days maybe a week or so.
      As I am a Barca fan, my main purpose is to see a live game.
      Any suggestions on accommodation? Is it better look into accommodation near the stadium or city?
      I don't want a typical tourist experience more like a local experience, so any suggestions of things to do in that regard?

Thank you

6 Answers Apr 8, 2014 at 1:16 AM

which hotel to stay in rhamba or best suggestion

by SHARKFIN Online Now Apr 4, 2014 at 12:20 AM

any suggestion for 3 star hotel .. la rhamba area or any other suggestion . My budget is 80 - 100 eur . I am arriving by trin from paris on 23 jun .

thanku . gracia

4 Answers Apr 8, 2014 at 11:36 PM
    • ABQ_Hugh's Profile Photo

BCN Airport>Estacio de França by Rodalies/Cercanias, where to change trains?

by ABQ_Hugh Online Now Apr 1, 2014 at 2:27 PM

When going by rail from BCN Airport (R2 Nord) to the Estacio de Estacio de França station (R2 Sud)....I know it is possible to change trains at Passeig de Gracia.

However in seeing the map, it looks like the first station after BCN Airport, El Prat de Llobregat, is also on R2 Sud.
      I can imagine El Prat de Llobregat has fewer passengers than a station like Passeig de Gracia....would it be a better place to change trains? Is it an easy change Sud comes to same platform, or do you need to change platforms?
      Thanks in advance for your advice.

2 Answers Apr 5, 2014 at 12:07 PM
    • MagdaM's Profile Photo

Recommendation

by MagdaM Online Now Mar 23, 2014 at 9:26 AM

Aloha!
      I would like you (if you have free time) to inform me where is the right place in Barcelona to book hotel or appartment for 7 days. I ask you because i am not the usual type of tourist. I want to live seven days as a Barcelona's citizen not as a tourist. So I would like the acommodation where I will chose to live to have metro very close and be low cost but value for money. If you don't know any hotels just tell me the region you think is fine of transportation and crime scenes.
      Finally could you recommend me valued-small-local running restaurants in which you and your friends or family would choose to eat.
      Gracias beforehand!

5 Answers Apr 11, 2014 at 9:15 AM
    • Taxi Boot size

by kltsp1 Online Now Mar 16, 2014 at 3:37 AM

What is the size of the airport's taxi boot?

2 Answers Mar 16, 2014 at 12:37 PM
    • Taxi Boot size

by kltsp1 Online Now Mar 16, 2014 at 3:37 AM

What is the size of the airport's taxi boot?

2 Answers Mar 16, 2014 at 3:53 AM
    • Train in Spain

by cwegenerp Online Now Mar 12, 2014 at 5:37 AM

What is the distance by train from Torremolinas to Jaen, Spain?

5 Answers Mar 12, 2014 at 8:46 AM
    • Train in Spain

by cwegenerp Online Now Mar 12, 2014 at 5:36 AM

What is the distance by train from Barcelona to Torremolinas?

3 Answers Mar 12, 2014 at 6:10 AM
    • Travelling form Barcelona to Madrid.

by agathi Online Now Mar 7, 2014 at 2:34 PM

Dear friends, we have booked tickets to Spain for September 15/9-22/9. Barcelona, Madrid and Toledo. Pls can you help me with my first question?
      Because the train from Barcel. to Madrid is very expensive I'm thinking of traveling by plane. I have to book this flight as well in order to get cheaper prices.
      We arrive in Barcel. on 15/9 late at night. So we have 16/9 and 17/9 for Barcelona. Now in order to travel to Madrid on 18/9 shall we take the early morning plane or better leave some time more for barcel. and take a later flight?
      Do you think we have more to see in Madrid and should spend there 3 days instead of 2 and a half?
      I really don't know what to expect in Barcelona. I read some posts but I'm not sure. Of course we might also have our luggage with us this last day if the hotel doesn't agree to keep them. The possible flights are at 9.30-10.50, 14.00-15.20 and 16.00-17.20. So what do you suggest?

77 Answers Mar 27, 2014 at 10:42 AM
    • Weekend in Barcelona

by amelisousa Online Now Mar 6, 2014 at 6:40 AM

Hi everyone! Next month we are going to Barcelona just for weekend, Becasue of that i have some questions:

1. What we shoud to see in Barcelona if we have just 2 days - it have to be list of most impotant places
      2. which is the best way of comunication in Barcelona? taxi, metro, bus??
      3. Which restaurant you recomend? I prefer something more thypical than tourist.
      4. Something for kids in Barcelona?
      5. The best way to get from airport to centre?
      6. We are looking for accommodation, localization is not the most important thing. We are 7 persons, we, my parents and our 3 kids, so im looking for some nice apartments taht everyone can be together but can feel comfortable. And i would like have a kitchen which allowed me to prepare brakfast.. I found apartaments next to Sagrada Familia castroexclusiveresidences.co... anyone knows something about them?? or maybe you have another porposition?

I will be so gratefull for your help!
      Regards,
      Amy

7 Answers Mar 12, 2014 at 7:08 AM
    • nowakee's Profile Photo

Visiting Barcelona with me! Barcelo sightseeing

by nowakee Online Now Mar 5, 2014 at 1:45 AM

He everyone, I wanted to offer you visiting Barcelona with me!

I finished my course of Oficial Tour Guide in Barcelona but there are not exams this year (again) so I thought I shouldn´t wait doing nothing but trying to do some practice. So if you would like to visit the city with someone who lives here since 2001 do not hesistate to contact me! I would love to show yo my city (as long as I have time to do that) doing The Old city Tour where many of monuments are hidden beetwen the buildings. Its totally for free!! I am not sure if I can leave that kind of message in this forum, I am looking for different ways to do the practice in different languages (Polish, Spanish, English). If the moderartor find this message inproper please delete it.

Best regard from one of the most beatiful city in the world!!!
      Ewa

• GUYON's Profile Photo

What is in the neighborhood of our appartment

by GUYON Online Now Feb 28, 2014 at 1:17 AM

Hello !

We are invited by friends to spend some days in September in the appartment they have rented in Barcelona carrer Gabriele Miro (Barcelona). In the group, I am in charge of food but looking at Google map I do not see any supermarket in the area, neither a restaurant.
      On the map, I see the appartment is near the sea but I do not found a beach.
      A Vter can tell me what there is also as attractions nearby ?
      Thanks a lot in advance.

RAY

5 Answers Feb 28, 2014 at 4:38 AM
    • pencho15's Profile Photo

Free museums?

by pencho15 Online Now Feb 24, 2014 at 2:45 PM

Hello, I was told that the first sunday of every month the museums in Barcelona are open for free. I wanted to see if someone could tell me if this information is true so I can plan my visist according to it.

4 Answers Mar 2, 2014 at 1:49 PM
    • Changing currency

by Leecarnevale Online Now Feb 21, 2014 at 5:18 PM

Where is the best place to change dollars to euros to get the best exchange rate

3 Answers Feb 21, 2014 at 11:47 PM
    • rmdw's Profile Photo

Top 3 Neighbourhoods to Stay In?

by rmdw Online Now Feb 13, 2014 at 8:59 AM

Might anyone have suggestions about the Top 3 neighbourhoods to stay in while visiting Barcelona? I'm mostly concerned with proximity to the major things to see.

Robert

8 Answers Feb 19, 2014 at 6:35 AM