Barcelona Travel Answers

change location
KMJSKINS's Profile Photo

Tapas Walking tour

by KMJSKINS Online Now Jan 26, 2013 at 6:08 AM

I will be in Barcelona in August for a few days. Can anyone recommend a few really nice tapas restaurants?

Quote & Answer
11 Answers
  • riorich55's Profile Photo

Re: Tapas Walking tour

by riorich55 Online Now Jan 26, 2013 at 7:45 AM

Keith, my wife and I were in Barcelona last May. We enjoyed a little place near Cathedral Square called Bilbao Berria. Here is the link to my review with pictures.

Sweet Vatican Guest House: "Small B & B Near the Vatican" - Rome Hotel Tip by riorich55

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • zuriga's Profile Photo

by zuriga Online Now Jan 26, 2013 at 8:42 AM

For the best suggestions, go to www.chowhound.com (Spain section). The people there are very helpful and friendly, and they'll give you the best tips on where to eat.

• riorich55's Profile Photo

by riorich55 Online Now Jan 26, 2013 at 9:01 AM

Oops, that was a link to a place to stay in Rome.

Here is the link to the Barcelona restaurant.

Restaurante Bilbao Berria: "Pintxos Not Tapas" - Bilbao-Berria Tip by riorich55

• Roadquill's Profile Photo

by Roadquill Online Now Jan 26, 2013 at 1:18 PM

We enjoyed Orio Euskal (Basque Style Tapas and other Barcelona, Spain Restaurant Reviews. There are several Taller de Tapas in Barcelona, which are a little pricey for tapas, however, they are often recommended on chowhound. Karl

• KMJSKINS's Profile Photo

by KMJSKINS Online Now Jan 28, 2013 at 6:14 AM

Thank you so much, I will add it to my list.

by KMJSKINS Online Now Jan 28, 2013 at 6:15 AM

Thank you for the link. I will check it out.

• virtualpatrick's Profile Photo

by virtualpatrick Online Now Jan 30, 2013 at 9:03 AM

The nicer tapas places I've been to:
    + Ciudad Condal (or Ciutat Comtal) on Rambla Catalunya, a few blocks from Plaza Catalunya, away from Ramblas area. Had the Bacalao (fried cod), razorshell clams, fried asparagus.

+ Sagardì Euskal Taberna they have several locations but I went to the one in the Gothic area / Calle Argenteria, near the Metro Jaume. They sell pintxos, Basque style tapas on bruschetta bread. You pay by the pintxo toothpicks at the end. The street where this is located have several tapas places so it will be good to hop around.

Finish off that tapas with some gelato. Here are several on Las Ramblas:
    + Carte d'or Gelateria - as you stroll down on Las Ramblas towards the sea, just after La Boqueria marketplace, it's on the left hand side of Ramblas. Like their Crema Catalana gelato.
    + There's a nice brightly lit gelateria on the top end of Las Ramblas on your right hand side as you stroll down from Metro Catalunya. They have a large selection. Don't know that name of the place so if there's someone who does please let me know.

by KMJSKINS Online Now Jan 30, 2013 at 12:16 PM

Sounds great! Can't wait to get there and start eating.

• listenandlearn's Profile Photo

by listenandlearn Online Now Feb 5, 2013 at 8:37 PM

For about the last 10 years, we only have one favorite tapa bar/restaurant, we take our friends, relatives and specially for ourselves. It is called CERVESERIA CATALANA.

THE COMPLETE ADDRESS IS:

CALLE MALLORCA NUMBERO 235
    CORNER RAMBLA CATALUNYA.

If you were to take the metro. Take the GREEN LINE / or Linea 3 and get off on DIAGONAL. WALK 3 BLOCKS TOWARDS THE WATER.
    WHEN YOU GET THERE YOU CAN ASK FOR WILLY OR WHOEVER THE MATRODIE MAYBE ON DUTY SO THEY SEAT YOU RIGHT AWAY.

AMONGST OTHER MANY FAVOURITE DISHES: ARE: SOLO MIO (A TENDERLION BITING PIECE WHICH IS SERVED IN A BITING PIECE OF BAQUETTE AND A PIECE OF PATRON. OH! IT'S SO SUPER DELICIOUS.

THEN WE ALSO LIKE AND ENJOY ORDERING : PULGO GALLEGO: THIS IS TENDER OCTOPUS WHICH IS BOILED . IT IS SERVED IN ROUND WOODEN PLATTER, THEN SPRINKLED LAVISHLY WITH PAPRICA, OLIVE OIL, AND THICK SALT...WOW! IT MELTS IN YOUR MOUTH, SUPER DELICIOUS.

THEN BE SURE TO ORDER PAN CON TOMATE, IT'S VERY TYPICAL AND ON THE SIDE ORDER PATATAS BRAVAS...ANOTHER TYPICAL...APETIZER.

PLEASE DO NOT FORGET THOSE YUMMY CROQUETAS, THEY ARE JUST IRRESISTABLY DELICIOUS.

REMEMBER, EVERY THURSDAYS IS PAELLA, SO, THAT YOU CAN EXPECT IN GENERAL, MOST RESTAURANTS SERVES PAELLA AS FIRST PLATE....

BON APPETITE!!!
    WE HOPE WE WERE ABLE TO HELP YOU AND WE WISH YOU HAPPY TRAVELING!!!

1 member found this helpful

• foreverstoked's Profile Photo

by foreverstoked Online Now Feb 25, 2013 at 12:36 AM

I second Cerveseria Catalana and Ciudad Condal (on Rambla de Catalunya), had to wait a few minutes but it was well worth the wait, delicious and popular with both locals and vacationers. Near Ciudad Condal is Cerveceria 100 Montaditos, it is pretty tasty, cheap (tapas & beer from 1 euro) and has specials on certain days of the week, however it is a chain restaurant (locations in Madrid as well) but it's always full of locals. Perhaps the gelato place virtualpatrick mentioned was called Amorino?

• virtualpatrick's Profile Photo

by virtualpatrick Online Now Feb 25, 2013 at 8:42 AM

Amorino gelato! Location and on the specific side of Ramblas from recollection, I think that's it! Thx forever... Could definitely go for gelato right now... in Barcelona.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines