Barcelona Travel Answers

change location
KMJSKINS's Profile Photo

Hotel and Car rental Information

by KMJSKINS Online Now Jan 22, 2013 at 9:26 AM

My wife, 22 year old son and I will be visiting Barcelona in mid August 2013 for 2-3 days. Will it be difficult to get a hotel room for the 3 of us? Any recommendations? Also, we plan to rent a car from Barcelona and drive to Nice. Should we get the car from the airport, since we will be flying back to Malaga from Barcelona upon our return from Nice.

Quote & Answer
9 Answers
  • ranger49's Profile Photo

Re: Hotel and Car rental Information

by ranger49 Online Now Jan 22, 2013 at 10:42 AM

I have never needed a 3 bed room in Barcelona so cannot give you an answer based on personal experience. I suggest you test the water by putting your requirements into a hotel booking site like booking.com (or any other that you may already be familar with).
    Give your dates and choose a 3 person room see what comes up! Some 3 bed rooms may only have a child bed for the third person but you are usually asked how many adults to the room.
    As for car hire - if it is your intention to spend your first couple of days sightseeing in Barcelona I would make your way from the airport to the city by public transport. Parking in the city is often problematic and few cental hotels have their own free - or paying - car park.
    That would enable you to drop off the car before your flight to Malaga. Make sure the car is insured for travel in France and that the company do not have a problem with that either.
    Happy travels!

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • KMJSKINS's Profile Photo

by KMJSKINS Online Now Jan 22, 2013 at 11:26 AM

Thanks for you help.

• ranger49's Profile Photo

by ranger49 Online Now Jan 22, 2013 at 11:35 AM

You are welcome - hope you find the right accommodation for your family - Happy Travels.

• manuna's Profile Photo

by manuna Online Now Jan 22, 2013 at 11:50 AM

You can find an appartment that will fit you all. Unfortunately I do not remember the name of the ones that we used to rent, it was an apart-hotel just in the center of Barcelona, very nice. We found it via booking.
    And as for the car, yes, it will be wise to do it in the airport. It is easy to there by public transport (and not very expencive), and you'll avoid traffic jams and other problems.

• gwened's Profile Photo

by gwened Online Now Jan 22, 2013 at 11:51 AM

well August is always vacation time so I suggest you hurry up to book your best choices. To rent and drive in Barcelona not needed a car but to drive to Nice is a wonderful trip. You will pay drop off charges if not return to Barcelona.
    car rental is cheaper if rented away from airports.

check this car brokers well known for years
    www.autoeurope.com
    www.kemwel.com

then check the route planner
    www.viamichelin.com

and for hotels check this site
    http://www.barcelona30.com/
    or the barcelona tourist office or hotels tips byposters like us in destinations above right.

hope it helps your planning

• balhannah's Profile Photo

by balhannah Online Now Jan 22, 2013 at 9:11 PM

If you look at the site Booking.com, you will find plenty of Hotels with accommodation for 3 adults.
    My husband and I stayed at the Silver ApartHotel and were quite happy with it. You can read my review by copy and pasting this link
    SILVER APARTHOTEL: "Good Accommodation" - Barcelona Hotel Tip by balhannah
    In the photo, it looks like we had two double beds, but there are more types of rooms to choose from.
    Another vt'er also stayed here and wrote a good review on the Hotel.

• Re: Hotel and Car rental Information

by berlinbear Online Now Jan 24, 2013 at 1:54 AM

As has already been suggested, you could try going for an apartment. It is often cheaper and means you have more space for all 3 of you and your son could have his own room while still being all in the same place. This website has some apartments in Barcelona:
    http://www.arivigo.com/spain/barcelona

Hope that helps.

• KMJSKINS's Profile Photo

by KMJSKINS Online Now Jan 28, 2013 at 6:18 AM

Thanks so much for the information. I will definitely check it out.

• Re: Hotel and Car rental Information

by traveltheworldnow Online Now Apr 18, 2013 at 1:58 AM

hi. you could also check out http://www.centralbarcelonahotels.com/. it has hotels and car rentals as well. Hope it helps. I wish you a great stay in Barcelona.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines