Barcelona Travel Answers

change location
James_'s Profile Photo

Transportation questions

by James_ Online Now Jul 9, 2011 at 1:18 PM

Hi everyone!!

I am arriving to Bcn on July 24 and will be staying 3 nights in Barcelona City Hotel Universal. I am landing @ Girona Airport.
I'm looking for some help regarding following;

(1.) What is the easiest way to get from Girona Airport to Barcelona Center (Passeig de Gracia ideally)? / I'm am landing @ Girona around 11.30pm !

(2.) What is the cheapest metro/bus card/whatever to get around Barcelona during those 3 days?

Thanks for the help ;)

Quote & Answer
7 Answers
  • brotherleelove's Profile Photo

Re: Transportation questions

by brotherleelove Online Now Jul 9, 2011 at 1:21 PM

From the airport there is a train right into the heart of Barcelona.

barcelona-tourist-guide.com/...

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • xaver's Profile Photo

by xaver Online Now Jul 9, 2011 at 2:15 PM

If you arrive in Girona, yo probably use a low cost, if it is ryan air they have their busses from the airporto to Barcelona. I have been in Barcelona 3 years ago and the best deal I found to go around was the daily tiket for the metro.
    This is the link for the busses running betwen Girona airport and Barcelona theprice is 12 euro: sagales.com/pubdocs/2370_aer...
    Corra

• Belsaita's Profile Photo

by Belsaita Online Now Jul 10, 2011 at 8:42 AM

Just for clarification: there is no train going from GRO airport to Barcelona city centre (probably brotherleelove was confused as you wrote "I am arriving to Bcn", being BCN the Barcelona's airport, this one being much closer to Barcelona and connected by train)

At your arrival time, your easiest and cheapest option (if not the only one apart of a very expensive taxi ride) is taking the Sagales bus. The buses are scheduled to match the flights, so do not worry, you will have a bus waiting outside the airport. It may have changed but they used to accept only cash payment.
    These buses will take you directly to Estacio del Nord in Barcelona. Then, take a taxi to your hotel (metro will be closed at that time)

To move around Barcelona, the best deal is usually the T-10 card, 10 rides in metro/bus/tram for 8.25€
    There are other cards, for 1 or more days, but tend to work more expensive than the T-10, unless you are using a lot of transport rides (unlikely if you're staying central). You can check www.tmb.cat/en/bitllets-i-tarifes for details

• brotherleelove's Profile Photo

by brotherleelove Online Now Jul 10, 2011 at 8:57 AM

Yes, that's exactly what I did! Thanks for clearing that up.

• virtualpatrick's Profile Photo

by virtualpatrick Online Now Jul 11, 2011 at 10:25 PM

The T-10 Metro Card is what I used for my one week stay in Barcelona.
    I did alot of walking so I only used it when I was really tired or to go from one end of the city to the other.

A T-10 should be fine for a 3 day/night stay.

• Re: Transportation questions

by txapote223 Online Now Jul 13, 2011 at 5:33 AM

as many have pointed out, there is no train from girona to barcelona. there is though a bus that goes straight to barcelona and it costs around 10 pounds.

once you get to barcelona the best way to move around is to use a t-10 card.

• James_'s Profile Photo

by James_ Online Now Jul 16, 2011 at 5:53 AM

Thanks everyone for the help!:)

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines