Barcelona Travel Answers

change location
nusabali's Profile Photo

Hotels near Plaza Catalunya

by nusabali Online Now Mar 25, 2013 at 8:24 PM

Any recommended reasonably price hotel near the drop off point of Aero Bus from the airport.

Quote & Answer
8 Answers
  • xymmot's Profile Photo

Re: Hotels near Plaza Catalunya

by xymmot Online Now Mar 25, 2013 at 9:58 PM

There are many hotels in the area and I would book on line to get the best price and location. I stayed at a hostel nearby that was great, but if you are two or more ,a hotel room is better. Three hostels on Ferrin street was idea for the younger crowd.

Cheers tommy x

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • nusabali's Profile Photo

by nusabali Online Now Mar 25, 2013 at 11:45 PM

Hi xymmot thank you for responding. Will need a place to stay for 2 of us.Looking for something not too pricey as on the second day we intend to join a full day tour that covers France, Andorra and Spain.

• xymmot's Profile Photo

by xymmot Online Now Mar 26, 2013 at 12:30 AM

Try looking up Medium Monegal Hotel and see if that price can fit your needs. It is right on the C Plaza, all others are pricey 150 usd and up. in that area

• Re: Hotels near Plaza Catalunya

by datastar Online Now Mar 26, 2013 at 10:50 AM

We've had good luck with the Hotel Jazz, just a couple of minutes walk. They can be booked, if memory serves, through hotels.com

• Re: Hotels near Plaza Catalunya

by ang4819 Online Now Mar 26, 2013 at 11:09 AM

I'm going to Barcelona in May. We have used www.airbnb.com and will be renting an entire apartment (that sleeps 4) for $100 a night. I suggest you look at the sight for different alternative to a hotel.

by nusabali Online Now Mar 26, 2013 at 10:36 PM

Thank you for this wonderful link....but most of them are not available on the dates of my stay. Still trying and hope to find a room.

• AlbertV4's Profile Photo

by AlbertV4 Online Now Mar 30, 2013 at 8:02 AM

Well, in fact Barcelona have a good comunication between airport and the center of the city (is not so many far compared with another citys as Paris or Rome) for that you can stay in any "centric" neigborhood and without worry about the communication with the airport. Anyway, there are 2 stations where connects the Aerobus with the city (Plaza España and Plaza Catalunya) and that two places are really well located.

I prefer to stay near from Plaza España because usually the core center (Plaza Catalunya) is more expensive than the rest of the city and at night is a hot spot for the nightlife in the city. If you wants to hang out is a good option but if you wants a more relaxed place, Plaza España is a better choice in my opinion.

We have a lot of options for to find a room here (In booking.com you can find most of the hostels and hotels of the city) but here, book a room in a flat for days is another good option too. More cheap and usually the experiencie is better if you travels alone.

The webpage what I know for this books is (is the same that Airbnb but you not should to pay before your arrival, in my opinion, one of the points against airbnb and usually the response is more fast):
    http://www.hospidia.com/en

But as an I said all deppends what are you looking for!

by nusabali Online Now Apr 3, 2013 at 6:04 PM

Thanks for the helpful info AlbertV4. I have managed to book and paid for a room at Sants which is near Pl espanya.
    Looking forward to my holiday in Barcelona!!!!1

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines