Barcelona Travel Answers

change location
suekay3's Profile Photo

Hotel location help needed

by suekay3 Online Now Mar 19, 2013 at 5:57 AM

We are staying in Barcelona for 4-5 days after a cruise. We thought we'd stay on the outskirts for day trips. (We have a few days in the city before the cruise). Can anyone suggest an area that is safe and convenient to the outskirts? We are not sure if we should stay north, south or west of the city.

Quote & Answer
6 Answers
  • cadiana88's Profile Photo

Re: Hotel location help needed

by cadiana88 Online Now Mar 19, 2013 at 6:04 AM

Barcelona has a great transportation system, so I suggest to you to stay in downtown, preferably close to Sants station. Expo hotel is a close choice. Enjoy the city!, regards, Carlos

1 member found this helpful

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • riorich55's Profile Photo

by riorich55 Online Now Mar 19, 2013 at 6:09 AM

My wife and I were in Barcelona for 4 days in May, 2012 and stayed outside the city center in a little Bed and Breakfast called Anita's Bed and Breakfast. Barcelona Hotel Tips by riorich55

Some people don't even considered bed and breakfast's but we seem to be going to them more and more as I enjoy meeting other people. This is a small 3 room bed and breakfast in a neighborhood part of the way up Mt Tibadabo, so I'm not really sure if this fits your bill for convenience for day trips outside the city. We could take a small neighborhood bus and then the metro to the city, but all our visits during our stay were within Barcelona.

I would think you really could stay anywhere for your day trips as you will probably be catching a train to head north along the Mediterranean Coast or east. I know one of the Metro stops in the middle of the city connected to the main train station in Barcelona (don't remember which one). This would probably be where you might want to stay near for quick getaways from Barcelona.

1 member found this helpful

• Belsaita's Profile Photo

by Belsaita Online Now Mar 19, 2013 at 12:07 PM

Be the first to rate this answer!

• Belsaita's Profile Photo

by Belsaita Online Now Mar 19, 2013 at 12:08 PM

Be the first to rate this answer!