Barcelona Travel Answers

change location

Barcelona - Accommodation and Best Area to Stay

by EuroDeb Online Now Mar 2, 2013 at 10:14 PM

We are going to Barcelona and want some advice on the best area to stay. Also suggestions on good, well priced accommodation for 2 adults. Just has to been clean, own bathroom and reasonably well located.

Quote & Answer
10 Answers
  • foreverstoked's Profile Photo

Re: Barcelona - Accommodation and Best Area to Stay

by foreverstoked Online Now Mar 2, 2013 at 10:54 PM

Hello, I personally like staying in the Gracia neighborhood as it is not touristy but diverse. If you enjoy the beach, Port Olimpic or Barceloneta. For a central location you might want to stay in the Raval, Gothic Quarter, or Eixample area. 

A few great central places:

Casa Dover B&B (Gracia)

Hostal Botique Khronos (Eixample)

Room Mate Emma (Diagonal)

Murmuri (Diagonal)

Hotel OMM (Diagonal)

Melia (Diagonal)

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • alectrevor's Profile Photo

by alectrevor Online Now Mar 3, 2013 at 12:23 AM

I stayed in the Sants area at the Expo hotel very good [ see my Barcelona VT page ]. There are other good hotels , one above Sants station, not cheap.

• Karlithus's Profile Photo

by Karlithus Online Now Mar 3, 2013 at 2:03 AM

Hello.

We stayed in an appartment near Sagrada Familia, 5 min walk.

That mean's we had a subway station near us, lot's of places to eat and of course, it was nice to see the Sagrada Familia lighted up every night when we step out the subway station to make our way home :)

The appartment was: http://sagradafamilia53.jimdo.com/ and we booked through HomeAway ( homeaway.co.uk/p864993?uni_i...">homeaway.co.uk/p864993?uni_i... ). Everything went ok and the appartment was really fine!

Have a nice trip.

• muratkorman's Profile Photo

by muratkorman Online Now Mar 3, 2013 at 9:16 AM

We stayed in Gothic area in Barcelona and I was happy to be close to major attractions. But I realized it could also be fun if we stayed in Barcelonetta since we could be close to the sea as well. You can check my Barcelona page for useful tips.

• gwened's Profile Photo

by gwened Online Now Mar 3, 2013 at 9:52 AM

doing it for years and still do my best area is Exeimple and for accommodation there are plenty you can look in destinations above right on this page for barcelona accommodations for tips by posters like us and look here
    www.barcelona30.com
    hope it helps

• Katya42's Profile Photo

by Katya42 Online Now Mar 11, 2013 at 9:22 PM

I second Eixample (upscale, quiet at night, safe, very very pleasant to dine, shop and just walk around) and also Poblenou, which is amazing for being close to the beach, not far from the center and not touristy at all. If you are considering an apartment, check out www.sweethomeabroad.com/barcelona, there are good options to be found.

• AlbertV4's Profile Photo

by AlbertV4 Online Now Mar 12, 2013 at 3:48 PM

In Barcelona you have a lot of options for to be accomodated... All the depends what are you looking for and your plan here! If you wants to visit the city like a tourist, you have a lot of hostels and hotels with a really good options. In www.booking.com you can find the most of hostels and hotels of the city.

If you wants a more personal and local experiencie, reciently some people rents a room in her house for turists, and usually is really more cheaper than to be hosted in a hostel/hotel.
    For example, a room in the center of the city:
    http://www.hospidia.com/en/room/42

As well, for me, the best neigborhoods for to stay in Barcelona are: Eixample or Les corts. The center of the city is a good option too, but take care with the "Gótic" or the most central places, because there, usually are in noisy places and the hotels and hostels are a little more expensive.

• Re: Barcelona - Accommodation and Best Area to Stay

by Sunrise1212 Online Now Mar 28, 2013 at 9:36 AM

Hello,
    I just saw you post and if you are still looking for an accommodation in Barcelona you should visit http://www.travelbookingnetwork.com. Many of my friends are using this website when they go to Barcelona and other cities in Europe and they are very happy. I am going soon to Seville and I would definitely use them.

I hope this helps

• Re: Barcelona - Accommodation and Best Area to Stay

by EuroDeb Online Now May 1, 2013 at 5:27 AM

Thanks everyone for your advice, much appreciated.

• gwened's Profile Photo

by gwened Online Now May 1, 2013 at 8:28 AM

Thank you for the thanks. Enjoy Barcelona

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines