Barcelona Travel Answers

change location

Information on trains from Barcelona

by vickyjf44 Online Now Feb 20, 2013 at 6:10 PM

Hi, we will be traveling to Barcelona At the beginning of the month of May. My question is how can we book trains from Barcelona to Valencia and also from Barcelona to Andorra ? I would like to book a fast train like the Ave Your reply will be appreciated

Quote & Answer
6 Answers
  • xymmot's Profile Photo

Re: Information on trains from Barcelona

by xymmot Online Now Feb 20, 2013 at 9:02 PM

There is no train to Andorra, but there might be a bus that goes into the towns and ski resorts. I always drove my own car, very pictursque

1 member found this helpful

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Steve51's Profile Photo

by Steve51 Online Now Feb 20, 2013 at 10:05 PM

1 member found this helpful

• Re: Information on trains from Barcelona

by gail128 Online Now Feb 22, 2013 at 10:44 AM

I am asking a related question instead of providing an answer.... What scenic route would you take from Castellon Spain to Toulouse France? Which car company would allow us to take a car from one country to another? Thanks in advance.

Be the first to rate this answer!

• xymmot's Profile Photo

by xymmot Online Now Feb 22, 2013 at 10:52 AM

If you drive, think about the rental car option. It is cheap from SIXT at 175usd a week. Drive up the coast of Spain and France and you will be in Andorra in no time. The car has its' advantage where you will see many pictursque scenes and go to many quint harbor towns along the way. I tried both and almost got stuck in Calelia because I enjoy the town so much that I forgot about the last train out and was so glad that I found a midnight bus to get back to Barcelonea . I stayed several weeks in the area and was a joy with the car, more than without it. I got to visit winerys, harbor coast towns and when I got to Andorra, I had no idea I was there if it wasn't for a little EU sign that say ANDORRA with stars around it. There were many duty free shops there, but I was not one to stock up on liquior and cigerettes and had a leisure lunch there and moved on into the towns where I found a few great hotels to stay in at a very reasonable price. So if you drive, consider renting a car as a option.

cheers tommy x

• Re: Information on trains from Barcelona

by vickyjf44 Online Now Feb 22, 2013 at 1:55 PM

Thank you for all your valuable information. We are a senior couple and I'm afraid of driving through high mountains. Is the route to Andorra flat or do we have to drive on steep mountains ?

• AlbertV4's Profile Photo

by AlbertV4 Online Now Feb 28, 2013 at 8:42 AM

Well, the route to Andorra is just a little a hard route with a car because the route is full of curves... Is not so difficult to arrive there but some people fells dizzy when does that route.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines