Travel Answers
Barbados

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• What if i only buy a one way ticket to barbados? any problems likely to arise?

Barbados Jul 14, 2014 at 4:50 PM

I am currently in mexico, and i want to go to barbados.

I have a house there, and i am a british citizen.

Would i have problems entering the country if i only have a one way ticket from Mexico to Barbados?

Thanks

• Are there customs duties for bringing jewellery to Barbados?

Barbados Jun 29, 2014 at 2:26 AM

Hi, I have found a job in Barbados and moving there soon. Do I have to pay customs duties for bringing my personal used jewellery? In general, do I have to pay duties for bringing my personal used belongings (utensils, linen, cloths, etc.) Thanks for answering.

2 Answers Jun 29, 2014 at 8:38 AM
    • thermacell butane cartridges

Barbados Jun 28, 2014 at 3:34 PM

Can you purchase thermacell butane cartridges on Barbados?

1 Answer Jun 29, 2014 at 8:43 AM
    • grocery and wine costs

Barbados Apr 2, 2014 at 4:38 PM

cost of groceries and wine

2 Answers Apr 2, 2014 at 6:40 PM
    • beauty parlor/beauty salon

Barbados Apr 2, 2014 at 1:09 PM

pls mention the name of beauty parlor located in christ charche

1 Answer Apr 2, 2014 at 1:20 PM
    • night clubs

Barbados Feb 11, 2014 at 3:18 PM

Which Barbados resort hotels have night clubs and entertaiment

1 Answer Feb 11, 2014 at 4:12 PM
    • Rugbycritic's Profile Photo

meat and cheese permit

Barbados Feb 5, 2014 at 9:48 AM

Hi I noticed someone posted about a meat and cheese permit I would like more info on this please, price etc.
      Could you bring cheese in without this permit.
      We are a group of 7 3 children and 4 adults so eating out everyday could be expensive

We are in Barbados mid April this year and are staying In Port St Charles this was offered by a friend.

We are hiring a 7 seater for our 2 weeks stay.
      Kids ages 14, 10 and 4 Any help on where to go and where to eat cheaply
      Many thanks

• Tour or Travel by yourself?

Barbados Jan 27, 2014 at 4:00 PM

We will be in Barbados for a day and wanted to visit some places such as Harrison Cave, St Nicholas abbey etc.Can we navigate the island by bus or a tour is recommended (Any particular company)?

3 Answers Apr 12, 2014 at 3:13 AM
    • Travel length qustion

Barbados Jan 24, 2014 at 10:27 AM

What is a good length of time to stay in Barbados for a vacation in order to get the full experience of the island?

3 Answers Jan 24, 2014 at 6:56 PM
    • barbados bus routes

Barbados Jan 4, 2014 at 12:23 PM

is there a site where you can see a map of the bus routes ?

2 Answers Jan 4, 2014 at 4:36 PM
    • DavidB167's Profile Photo

Flying on a one way ticket

Barbados Nov 20, 2013 at 10:18 AM

Would they be any issues leaving the USA to Barbados for a vacation on a one way ticket..it is cheaper...

2 Answers Nov 20, 2013 at 11:39 AM
    • what do i wear on Christmas day?

Barbados Nov 9, 2013 at 2:53 PM

What do I wear on Christmas day?

6 Answers Dec 1, 2013 at 7:54 AM
    • Driving Itinerary Suggestions

Barbados Nov 5, 2013 at 4:37 AM

We will be arriving at the port in Bridgetown and are renting a car. Can you please give me suggested driving itineries that will maximize our time on the island. Ideally, we would like to tour as much of the island as possible in a short period of time, our boat is docked from 8 am to 5 pm. We want to experience all that Barbados has to offer. Also, could you include driving times if possible so I'll know how much time to allot to each vista point. Thank you so much!

8 Answers Nov 11, 2013 at 9:50 AM
    • Safety at night

Barbados Oct 28, 2013 at 12:26 AM

I will be visiting Barbados with 2 girlfriends next March. We are looking for accommodation and the areas outside st Lawrence gap seem to have more affordable holiday rentals. Would it be safe for us (3 girls early 20s) to take a taxi from st Lawrence gap to say enterprise in the early hours of the morning after a night out or would it be safer for us to just stay in st Lawrence gap?

1 Answer Nov 9, 2013 at 7:20 AM
    • corlieschong's Profile Photo

We're staying at the Crane. Any recommendations with local flare?

Saint Philip Sep 17, 2013 at 6:44 PM

Any suggestions for local food or must see sites?

3 Answers Nov 11, 2013 at 9:20 AM
    • accommodations

Barbados Sep 11, 2013 at 12:24 PM

Hello, Everyone! We are looking for accommodations in Barbados for 4 adults.

We thought apartment rentals or self-catered apartments would be the most budget and best value option. However, we're open to hotel suggestions, or any other living arrangement suggestions. We were hopting to spend between $100 to $150 per night.

Any suggestions on areas to stay in? I've read that The Gap is a suggestion. We're pretty active, love activity (ie. hiking, exploring, nightlife, ecotourism), etc., and also enjoy the beach and relaxation.

I presume that the island is small enough to get around that it would make the most sense to stay in one place for the week, and drive to the various parts of the island to check it out.

Thanks in advance!

1 Answer Sep 12, 2013 at 5:10 AM
    • adjunct travelling from Barbados

Barbados Sep 3, 2013 at 12:22 PM

My boyfriend and I are planning on travelling to Barbados from Vancouver, Canada for X-mas this year. Unfortunately, we're travelling with a Cuban passport so there are a lot of restrictions on where we can and cannot fly in and out of (ie. United States is a no go to transit in and out of, let alone travel to, and there are very few countries we can travel freely to in the world). With these restrictions, we're trying ot brainstorm on places to travel to after we visit Barbados for another week.

We don't even have to travel to Barbados, but we need to go somewhere Cubans can travel to without onerous visa restrictions (which Barbados is one country). We already know that Turks and Caicos, and any other British or American colony is an absolute no. We've already been to Antigua, so that's not really a choice. If anyone has a suggestion for a Caribbean country or another country close to Cuba, that would be most appreciated!

For the second part of the leg, we thought Costa Rica might be an option, but it seems like a one way flight from Barbados is exhorbitantly expensive (at $900 per flight). Can anyone suggest a budget airline to check (we were only able to check on Expedia), or even another destination to travel to that would make sense from Barbados? We are a bit less restricted, but going through the United States is still not an option.

Thank you in advance! I know these are tough questions :)

4 Answers Sep 3, 2013 at 6:15 PM
    • Time required in Barbados - Itenery

Barbados Aug 20, 2013 at 4:33 AM

How many days do you suggest I should plan for Barbados ? (I am also going to St. Lucia and St Vincent & the grenadines, so I am planning my 12 day stay on these islands)
      So for Barbados, should I leave 2,3, or 4 days ? Any short itenery you suggest? THANKS in advance

4 Answers Aug 20, 2013 at 1:06 PM
    • fool_moon's Profile Photo

Barbados public transport

Barbados Jul 8, 2013 at 12:38 PM

How to get from Bridgetown to Crane Beach by public transport ? And back ?

12 Answers Nov 19, 2013 at 7:55 PM
    • Travelling with a 5 month-old baby, do we need car hire

Barbados Jun 23, 2013 at 12:51 PM

Hi, my husband and I are going to Barbados in July-August and staying in Enterprise. We'll be travelling with our 5-month-old daughter and are seriously debating whether to hire a car or not. We are staying in an apartment... Pros and cons are welcome! Thank you

2 Answers Jul 28, 2013 at 2:16 PM
    • MarciaL16's Profile Photo

first time traveller

Barbados Jun 23, 2013 at 8:29 AM

going to be there the first couple of weeks of september, whats on?

1 Answer Jun 23, 2013 at 8:45 AM
    • For over fifties

Barbados Jun 16, 2013 at 9:43 AM

Would like a hotel perfect for my sister and I we are celebrating her 60th birthday and I would like to take her to a suitable Barbados hotel.

7 Answers Sep 23, 2013 at 5:48 AM
    • SophieS93's Profile Photo

Single Traveler going for August Crop Over 2013

Barbados Apr 28, 2013 at 4:12 AM

Hey Guys! My name is Sophie, I have been to Barbados twice before -once alone for a trip (Unfortunately my friends can't really come due to costs of the trip) but I really love the place and I was lucky to meet some great people out there last time and did some great adventure tours.

Always wanted to go to Crop Over so I am going this year also, I was wondering if anyone else would be out there who wouldn't mind me joining them for the Carnival and parties!
      I'm 20, Friendly, Easy going...
      Anyways, Please let me know :D

3 Answers May 8, 2013 at 4:45 PM
    • Who is going in December

Barbados Apr 16, 2013 at 9:26 AM

I am going to Barbados with my parents in December is any one going at that time

6 Answers Apr 19, 2013 at 5:43 AM
    • hotel discount codes

Barbados Apr 12, 2013 at 6:50 AM

Hi
      Has anyone know of any discount codes for Barbados hotels preferably for The Tamarind Cove.
      Thanks

• Transportation costs

Barbados Jan 16, 2013 at 7:57 AM

I will be visiting Barbados in early February for the first. How much should I expect to pay for transportation from the airport to the Maxwell area, which I estimate is not too far from St. Lawrence Gap? All info will be much appreciated.
      Jillobeach

3 Answers May 1, 2013 at 9:38 PM
    • pj2904's Profile Photo

Cost of Holidaying in Barbados

Barbados Dec 25, 2012 at 11:53 AM

Hi

Thinking of going to Barbados this year. What I would like know is what the general cost of holidaying within the resorts. . Is the general economy similar to the UK in terms of average cost of eating out and shopping & getting about etc etc, or is it generally more or less expensive then England.

Thanks.

3 Answers May 1, 2013 at 9:40 PM
    • WHere to stay, what to do in Barbados

Barbados Dec 23, 2012 at 1:06 PM

Hi,
      I am travelling with my girlfriend to Barbados for 7 days at the beginning of April. Our current itinerary is shown below and was wondering if we are seeing the best parts of Barbados in that time:

3 nights in St Peter or St Michael. Including a visit to East Coast
      1 Night in Bridgetown. Including trip on Jolly Roger Boat
      3 nights in St Lawrence Gap. Including hiking on Mount Hillaby and visit to Crane Beach

Also do you know best way to travel around Barbados?
      Finally where is it best to stay in Barbados – looking for 4 star hotels?
      Thanks

2 Answers Dec 24, 2012 at 12:18 PM
    • Barbados Tour Ideas

Barbados Dec 4, 2012 at 5:34 AM

Hi,
      I am landing in Barbados next week and I am looking for fun tours to do. I saw a tour advertised that has a treasure hunt and it is free. Has anyone here tried the Attendantz tour? Thanks for your help

1 Answer Dec 10, 2012 at 9:34 AM
    • firstchild's Profile Photo

re: Travel with a 2-year old baby - Which area to stay and things to do

Barbados Mar 9, 2012 at 11:26 PM

Hi,

We are from Canada and plan to travel to Barbados in May 1 - 7. It will be a trip to relax and enjoy the beaches, tours to the local towns etc. Pretty much to get away from the city life. We haven't pick an area yet and would like some info.

1) Which is a good/baby friendly area to stay?

2) Suggestion to Hotel/Apartment with a kitchen and/or with daycare facility? (The reason is to make meals, warm up milk for the baby etc)

3) Should we rent a car or using taxi/public transportation

4) Any suggestions of activities?

thanks

Patrick

2 Answers Apr 18, 2012 at 10:33 AM