Baranavichy

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Address and location required

Belarus Apr 4, 2014 at 11:48 AM

I have a partial Belarus address that I need to complete including post code. and which city/ town is it near?

The address is:
      Molodechnen.d-t, Vytrepovsh., Str. Komsom. 15

Any help much appreciated.

Peter

more
    • Cheap Hostel(s)

Hrodna 5 hours ago

Please recommend some Hostel(s) cheaper than Eur10 per day like from Yellowpages.by ?

more
    • Cheap Hostels

Minsk 5 hours ago

Please recommend some Hostel(s) cheaper than Eur10 per day and perfer close to the center, like from Yellowpages.by ?

more
    • Romantic things to do in Hrodna whilst my gf says the city is boring

Hrodna Apr 8, 2014 at 8:07 AM

So my girlfriend lives in Grodno, I've never been there before but I still would like to do something romantic with her(she says Grodno is boring though)
      I'm curious if you've got tips or suggestions to do as a romantic thing...

more
    • Muscovite's Profile Photo

One-day tour from Minsk

Nesvizh Apr 2, 2014 at 3:04 AM

Is it feasible?
      I looked up the timetable, Central bus station - it shows one (!) bus to Nesvizh a week. Left me speechless...

more
    • Muscovite's Profile Photo

Provisional Minsk itinerary

Minsk Apr 4, 2014 at 6:50 AM

I have finally found a map of Minsk – you won’t believe it, spent over a week trying to find any map or guidebook on Minsk or Belarus at large in Moscow, talk about the union state!
      Now with a more or less clear vision of what is where this is what I am planning to do – suggestions welcome:
      May 1 Thursday
      Arrival, drawing BYR at Sberbank ATM at the railway station (hope it’s in order), catching a ‘marshrutka’ to hotel Sputnik (otherwise walking, hopefully there are no steps). What does one expect on May 1 – anything closed, or the other way round, any special activity?
      Going downtown to watch May 1 demonstration – if any.
      Checking up food supplies:
      - local Vasilki café chain (there is one near railway station) /
      - old reliable NcDonald’s with its free WC /
      - food stores nearest to the hotel . Found one – Chkalovsky at Voroniansky street 17 – they say they take credit cards, uff, good for them! Maybe I’ll skip taking cash with me altogether?..
      May 2 Friday
      Bus 100 9sort of do-it-yourself city tour) or metro to Nemiga, strolling around old town (I guess this is where is is)
      At night - ‘Romeo & Juliette’ at Minsk Opera; not row 8, but still in the stalls - must bring my Sunday suit, I guess.
      May 3 Saturday
      Botanical gardens (if the weather provides)
      Remote attractions like the National library and the observatory (is it an observatory proper, or an observation point)
      May 4 Sunday
      Going off the beaten path to Vankovich house (part of the art museum – can’t see why no one has written about it) + RSDRP 1st congress hut (I expect I will be the only visitor)
      May 5 Monday
      The flight is 14.35 – must be at the airport at 13.00, I guess – will book a taxi for 12.00. May try airport express from the central bus terminal. Do I get it right that bus # 100 goes to airport Minsk-1? By the way, Minsk International airport – is it Minsk-1 or Minsk-2, or it doesn’t matter?
      Extra:
      I tried to book ‘Krechinsky wedding’ at Gorky drama theatre on May 3, but Kvitki say they have only 4 rows left for sale. They can’t be serious!

more

Near Baranavichy

• sihi's Profile Photo

Baranovichy, Belarus

by sihi Online Now Oct 12, 2009 at 2:50 PM

Hello!

I will go to Baranovichy in 30 October.

Does anybody can recomend any good restaurant (preferably local cuisine or maybe something from Polish, Lithuanian cuisine), some good shops with shoes, cloths?
      Local food (in the shops) - what to try (bred, cheese,....)?

Can I use my bank card Visa for paying in the shops there? ATMs?

I will take also some Euros there, hope to change them to Belarus rubles.

Something interesting to see in the city and surroundings?

Many many thanks!:)

3 Answers Jul 12, 2012 at 2:05 PM