Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• How far is Bar Harbor from Old Orchard Beach

by ladyje Online Now Yesterday

What is the distance between Bar Harbor and Old Orchard Beach

4 Answers Yesterday
    • Hotel Advice Appreciated

by coopergal Online Now Apr 16, 2014 at 2:07 PM

We're a family of five planning on visiting Bar Harbor at the end of June. Just wondering if you have any advice out of these three hotels (or another recommendation): Bayview, Atlantic Eeryie Lodge, and Bar Harbor Grand Hotel? Any experience with any of these?

1 Answer Apr 16, 2014 at 4:32 PM
    • busy times

by WLerette Online Now Feb 16, 2014 at 5:02 PM

we are planning a trip in late July. Are the hiking trails busier then. We hike with a small dog who is very well trail trained but still I am always aware of people around us. last time we were here it was in June and the trails were fairly calm. Just wondered how busy it would be in late July

2 Answers Feb 16, 2014 at 5:37 PM
    • Best Time for fall leaves.

by MaryMilne Online Now Dec 29, 2013 at 7:41 PM

We are planning to go back in October...is the fall, when do the leaves turn color? MJ

3 Answers Dec 30, 2013 at 9:49 AM
    • retirement

by haichi Online Now Oct 1, 2013 at 11:39 AM

so is bar harbor a place to retire....?

1 Answer Oct 1, 2013 at 2:11 PM
    • COST OF LIVING

by haichi Online Now Oct 1, 2013 at 11:36 AM

IS IT EXPENSIVE TO LIVE IN BAR HARBOR

1 Answer Oct 1, 2013 at 2:06 PM
    • Any Foliage ?

by OldeColodger Online Now Sep 18, 2013 at 6:49 PM

Have you had enough cold nights to start the foliage to turn yet? Thank you.

3 Answers Sep 19, 2013 at 5:50 PM
    • what to wear from Sept 7-14

by kwgrimsley Online Now Aug 31, 2013 at 5:18 AM

What do I pack for that week??

3 Answers Sep 1, 2013 at 3:34 AM
    • Bus to St John

by kchunn Online Now Aug 25, 2013 at 6:03 PM

Is there a bus from Bar Harbor to St John

2 Answers Sep 4, 2013 at 9:27 AM
    • anniversary dinner for my brother and his wife

by jacksth Online Now Aug 14, 2013 at 10:08 AM

What is a good water view restaurant in Bar Harbor that would be romantic for dinner but still casual? My sister-in-law is not a seafood fan so menu needs to have some lighter, non-seafood items.

1 Answer Aug 15, 2013 at 5:29 PM
    • DawnTaylor's Profile Photo

SeaGlass

by DawnTaylor Online Now Feb 4, 2013 at 4:54 PM

I love to collect seaglass and will be visiting Bar Harbor in July of this year. Are there specific beaches I should visit where seaglass may be more abundant?

1 Answer Feb 4, 2013 at 5:50 PM
    • pulgaron's Profile Photo

Cruise stop Bar Harbor Car rental at Pier???

by pulgaron Online Now Aug 6, 2012 at 7:36 AM

Hi we'll be in Bar Harbor during a day cruise stop in late September. Wonder if there are car rental places near the passenger docks??? If not are there tour companies near the docks?? Any ideas?? Thanks.

6 Answers Aug 7, 2012 at 7:35 AM
    • sports bars?

by ravenmike Online Now Jul 10, 2011 at 5:14 AM

I will be in Bar Harbor on a cruise stop on Sunday Sept 18 and want to find a bar relatively close to the port that has the NFL package so I can see the Ravens/Steelers gasme.

2 Answers Jul 10, 2011 at 5:33 AM
    • October Visit to Bar Harbor

by stellan7780 Online Now Jun 13, 2011 at 9:12 AM

Hi There! My boyfriend and I are thinking about visiting Bar Harbor for a few days surrounding Columbus Day(Oct. 10th). We'd like to do some hiking in Acadia as well as explore the island in general. Does anyone know if the area tends to get crowded with tourists at that time of year? Would it be smarter to go later in the month?

Thank you!

11 Answers Jun 13, 2011 at 12:21 PM
    • bjpreston59's Profile Photo

Bar Harbor in September

by bjpreston59 Online Now Feb 7, 2011 at 6:32 AM

My husband & I are planning to be in Bar Harbor for 3 nights in Sept. I am trying to find a place to stay with the best value. So many places are so expensive. We don't need luxury, but do like water view and clean accommodations, and convenient location.

7 Answers Feb 15, 2011 at 5:16 PM
    • from bar harbor to fundy bay or mooselake area of maine

by marilynsandberg Online Now Sep 5, 2010 at 9:45 PM

I will be in Bar Harbor end of september. from there I would like to go to st. martins in new brunswick to kayak the sea caves and hike the bay of fundy trail. it's a long drive (5 hours or so) from bar harbor. if anyone has gone to st. martins, in your opinion, would i be better off going to the moose lake area of maine (less of a drive) and spending time there, or is the st. martins kayaking, fundy trail worth the drive up? i will only be in the area for about a week. thanks.

• What to do in Maine?

by cet84 Online Now Jul 27, 2010 at 7:16 PM

Hi, my boyfriend and I are taking a cruise and one of our stops is Bar Harbor. We are trying to venture out and take our own tour. We will be docked from 7am to 6pm. Considering our short time frame what sightseeing is most recommended, best place to get lobster, and best tour to take?

Thanks!

3 Answers Jul 28, 2010 at 4:19 AM
    • swdke's Profile Photo

Acadia National Park Tours: The National Park tour bus, vs. Oli's Trolley, which?

by swdke Online Now Sep 23, 2009 at 1:22 PM

I see there are two tour operators to Acadia National Park, the Park service seems to have a bus tour, and there's Oli's Trolley. Which is the better tour to take?

2 Answers Aug 26, 2010 at 12:17 PM
    • kimbo13's Profile Photo

lobster

by kimbo13 Online Now Sep 18, 2009 at 4:54 PM

Hi,
      Just lookin' for a great lobster place, not fancy but delicious food.

5 Answers Oct 9, 2009 at 11:30 AM
    • planning trip to Maine

by Doreenlim Online Now Jun 5, 2008 at 9:41 PM

we've got 5N, 6D to make trip to Maine and possibly add Boston. Pl. advise:
      1. Arrive in Portland Sat. 5th July Should we just drive up north closer to Bar Harbor or spend the night in Portland?
      2. Spend 2N in Bar Harbor & Arcadia. Hotels/BB to recc?
      3. Leave for Boston on 8th July - stay in cape cod area. What's the driving distance/time from Bar harbor/Portland to here? Any hotel to recc?
      4. leave Cape Cod for Albany (stay with friend) on 11th July

1 Answer Jun 6, 2008 at 8:37 PM
    • Visiting May 16th-20th...things to do?

by JD76ers Online Now May 14, 2008 at 6:34 AM

Hi all,

My wife and I will be staying in Bar Harbor May 16th - 20th...this will be our first visit there. I realize that it's early in the season so I'm looking for ideas of things to do. We plan on a trolley and boat tour and we hope to check out Atlantic Brewery. From this site I see that Galyn's, Geddy's, and Rosalies are good places to eat. What about nightlife this time of the year?

If anyone has any other ideas or suggestions of places to see or do please let me know.

Thanks in advance,

jeff

3 Answers May 14, 2008 at 11:20 PM
    • Best campgrounds?

by erinstettler Online Now Mar 20, 2008 at 6:38 AM

We are planning to visit Acadia at the end of may/early june. I've searched all campground websites, but would love suggestions from others. We would prefer the National Park feel - very woodsy, but I notice there are no showers. Would love oceanfront as well, but having a hard time deciding if oceanfront sites are reservable and private enough, without that paved/grass feeling. Thank you!

1 Answer Mar 20, 2008 at 11:34 AM
    • Black Flies

by LynnLou53 Online Now Aug 27, 2007 at 2:19 PM

What is the season for black flies? We'll be there in October.

Thanks.

2 Answers Aug 29, 2007 at 1:08 PM
    • bus service from Var Harbor to St John's Newfoundland

by DenmanIslander Online Now May 24, 2007 at 12:32 PM

I need to get from St. John's (Canada) to Bar Harbor. Does anyone know whether there is a bus service connecting them?
      Thanks!

• passport needed

by tseiner Online Now May 16, 2007 at 1:53 PM

When taking the CAT to Nova Scotia from Bar Harbor do I need a passport?

1 Answer May 16, 2007 at 4:19 PM
    • Florida999's Profile Photo

Bar Harbor to Saint John, Canada?

by Florida999 Online Now May 15, 2007 at 9:48 AM

I am trying to find the best and fastest way to get from Bar Harbor, to Saint John Canada, well, actually Fundy NP. I mapped it, and came up with a 5!!! hour trip. Can that be? Which road is the best one to take? How long does the border crossing take?

Thanks

2 Answers May 25, 2007 at 7:43 AM
    • Bangor to Bar Harbor

by ssurso Online Now Apr 28, 2007 at 3:30 PM

We will be visiting Bar Harbor next October with friends (they will already be there). We will be flying into Bangor to save money (we think). My question is how to get from Bangor to Bar Harbor quickly and cheaply or should we just pay the extra money to fly into Bar Harbor? We really did not want to impose on our friends since they are already inviting us to their place in Bar Harbor. Does anyone know any transportation possibilities?

1 Answer Apr 29, 2007 at 6:18 AM
    • Cadillac Mountain Transportation

by deepsea29c Online Now Apr 13, 2007 at 9:54 AM

If you don't have a car, what do you suggest to get up Cadillac Mountain? The free Explorer Buses don't take that road.

1 Answer Apr 13, 2007 at 11:36 AM
    • Acadia National Park, Scooter?

by deepsea29c Online Now Apr 3, 2007 at 4:18 PM

We are thinking of renting scooters to see the park, any advice?

10 Answers Apr 18, 2007 at 10:39 AM
    • Where to stay

by stiminski Online Now Mar 9, 2007 at 6:32 AM

My husband,myself and our 18 month old daughter are planning to visit Acadia this summer. We are looking for a nice place to stay which will be close enough to the park for hiking during the day, close to restaurants for dinner and nice so when she goes to bed around 7pm we can enjoy a nice view. Any ideas?

Thanks!

2 Answers Apr 10, 2007 at 7:14 AM