Baños Travel Answers

change location

Bust Trip from Quito to Banos

by tbetancourt Online Now Jul 7, 2008 at 12:47 PM

I'm going to Quito in August and would like to visit Banos as well. I read that it takes almost 4 hours to get there by bus. Do they make bathroom stops? I will be traveling with my 8 year old daughter.
Thanks! -Tanya.

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • Re: Bust Trip from Quito to Banos

by pwlewis Online Now Jul 7, 2008 at 5:29 PM

The bus may have a bathroom. If not, it is most likely the bus will make a stop for a snack and bathroom. BUT, no guarantee!!

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • timmy1975's Profile Photo

Re: Bust Trip from Quito to Banos

by timmy1975 Online Now Jul 9, 2008 at 1:04 PM

Look for a high end bus company at the bus station in Quito. It may cost you a couple extra dollars. Be persistent with questions about the bathroom onboard and ask if it is unlocked. Operational bathrooms on buses are very rare in Ecuador, unlike most other SA countries. Also, bus rides under 4 hours rarely make stops. Most Quito to Baños buses stop in the Ambato (1 hour from Baños) station, but usually very briefly. If all else fails, the operator (he'll be the guy collecting fares and screaming the destination out the door at prospective riders) is the go-to-guy to convince the driver to pull over for a roadside pit-stop much to chagrin of the fellow bus riders. I've been in that situation more than a few times because I think the bus drivers realize they'd rather lose a few minutes than clean up after someone's kid. Buses in Ecuador can be very lively and the scenery is always great. You can move around the country very cheaply, but will have to pay more for A/C, bathrooms and less stops.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near Baños