Banjul Travel Answers

change location

Budget

by Hebbesy Online Now Oct 26, 2007 at 2:51 AM

Hi All,

Just some advice, myself and my best friend are travelling on 6th November for a week half board at Senegambia, Im still not sure how much cash I will need to take, the Rough guide said allow for £200 a week based on 3 weeks with having to pay for B&B's.

I was going to take around £200 in cash and £150 in travellers cheques, is this going to be way to much money, we would like to do some excursions and eat out / party most nights as well.

Thanks,
Alex

Quote & Answer
1 Answer
  • Re: Budget

by GambiaGirl Online Now Nov 2, 2007 at 11:44 AM

If you are going half board , this will be pleanty of money for you, and there are also cashpoint machines available at the standard chartered Banks. Dont do the excursions through the travel agent, your hotel should have registered guides and they will be much better, normally you agree a price with them ( when I was there , they didnt get paid by the hotel , although they have been veted by the police before getting these positions- so they depend on what ever you give them- we liked to think of our guide as our friend , and on top of paying for the day we invited them to eat with us etc, and looked at it as a group of friends going out for the day.( I liked them so much in the end I married one of the guides friends , and I have now been going to The Gambia for over 10 years, and should be moving there full time soon. Have a great holiday

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near Banjul