Banjarmasin

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

Near Banjarmasin

• MagicalSparkle's Profile Photo

Bus schedule from Banjarmasin going West.

by MagicalSparkle Online Now Apr 15, 2014 at 8:16 AM

Hello!
      Does anyone know what time buses go to Palangkaraya from Banjarmasin?
      Is the more than one?
      Thank you :)

• MagicalSparkle's Profile Photo

Tanjung Puting National Park - Is anyone going this week?

by MagicalSparkle Online Now Apr 12, 2014 at 7:45 AM

Hey there!

I'd really like to go to Tanjung Puting national park this week. I'm currently in Banjarmasin and am looking for some other people to join up with to go on a tour! I'd like to go in a few days so, any time from 15th April 2014.

Please get in touch if you're interested!

Corine

• getting around canals and to floating markets

by jubob66 Online Now Mar 3, 2011 at 1:50 AM

I am wondering how easy it is to get a guide to take us in a boat around the canal system and to floating market. Would it be easy to arrange once in Banjarmasin or is it something that needs to be arranged before arrival. We are planning on being there for 2 days in July and would welcome any recommendations. Thank You.

• HaoleMan's Profile Photo

Going upstream from Banjarmasin

by HaoleMan Online Now Oct 29, 2010 at 2:31 PM

I have many questions, and would welcome contact with locals from the area. I am still doing my research, but it looks like I must go to Kalimantan! I am a diamond miner. I dig. I do not work for any company, only myself and the miners who chose to be partners with me. I am very good at what I do, but the diamond fields in Arkansas, USA, are used up.

do the miners in Kalimantan still find good stones? Do they get good prices when selling? My buyers in USA pay from4-$20 a point [400-2,000 a carat] They want me to go to Kalimantan and dig the way we do in the USA. It is a very productive way to work.

Are the mineral rights in the ground held by property owners or the Indonesian government? Will the local miners work with an American? I am not rich. I work very hard, and very smart. Is it difficult to get government work permits for an American?

Are there many crocodiles in the rivers? Are there many poisonous snakes? Are the fish good to eat?

2 Answers Oct 31, 2010 at 2:59 AM
    • sybille's Profile Photo

Banjamarsin - have you been there?

by sybille Online Now Sep 20, 2007 at 8:19 PM

I would be interested in hearing from any member who has been to Banjamarsin. Did you use the town as a base for exploring further afield, did you go on day trips? Did you make your own arrangements or did you travel as part of an organised tour? Having read conflicting comments, I am trying to ge a feel for the place, as I would really like to spend some time in Kalimantan.

2 Answers Sep 30, 2007 at 2:00 AM