Bangor

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Overwhelmed!

by irisfromthesouth Online Now Apr 4, 2014 at 11:32 AM

I will be arriving in Bangor Tuesday, April 15th. My husband will be there working in Baileyville since the 10th and will continue thru the 17th. I will be on my own for 2 days. I have looked at all the websites on Bangor and am overwhelmed at all there is to do. We will be staying at the Hilton Garden Inn on Haskell Rd. What would be the best for me to do on my own for a couple days?
      thanks!
      iris downey

more
    • Overwhelmed!

by irisfromthesouth Online Now Apr 4, 2014 at 11:32 AM

I will be arriving in Bangor Tuesday, April 15th. My husband will be there working in Baileyville since the 10th and will continue thru the 17th. I will be on my own for 2 days. I have looked at all the websites on Bangor and am overwhelmed at all there is to do. We will be staying at the Hilton Garden Inn on Haskell Rd. What would be the best for me to do on my own for a couple days?
      thanks!
      iris downey

5 Answers Apr 4, 2014 at 1:20 PM
    • chstroud's Profile Photo

what to do for 20th anniversary?

by chstroud Online Now Aug 6, 2013 at 9:16 AM

August 14th, 20th wedding anniversary. 40 something couple from NY. Help!

2 Answers Aug 6, 2013 at 10:51 AM
    • Birthday cake

by InvisibleAngel Online Now Jul 25, 2013 at 8:18 PM

I will be in Bangor from NS Canada during my son`s 10th birthday, he is coming with, I will require a birthday cake for him as a surprise but on short notice. I need suggestions please!!!

• nightlife in Bangor for the 30+ crowd?

by GirlsOnWheels Online Now May 29, 2012 at 7:42 AM

Girls' getaway: Where is a good place to go for drinks and music / dancing that is suitable for a group in their early 30's? We really don't want to feel like babysitters in a university bar...somewhere fun, but neither too young nor too old. Any suggestions?

• Bacholerette Ideas

by Nathelsy Online Now Jul 24, 2011 at 8:44 PM

We're looking for a spa that offers bridal packages, anyone know of a place in Bangor near Hampton Inn Hotel? Also, any other ideas for clean bacholerettes to do in Bangor?

• 1jabbar's Profile Photo

Bangor to Calais

by 1jabbar Online Now Jan 5, 2011 at 9:43 PM

Any advice on acquiring a drive from Bangor to Calais...What transportation services are avilable? Thanks.

• 1jabbar's Profile Photo

buses from Bangor to Calais

by 1jabbar Online Now Jan 16, 2010 at 9:12 PM

Hi;
      I'm arriving by plane in Bangor March 7, 2010, around 1:00 pm and need to get up to Calais border crossing after that. Is there a reliable bus company that operates between Bangor and Calais? Cost? Travel Time? Any help is much appreciated.

1 Answer Apr 12, 2010 at 9:47 AM
    • AnnPuddu's Profile Photo

downtown hotel

by AnnPuddu Online Now Jul 16, 2007 at 4:43 AM

any ideas about a decent hotel downtown...i am coming in to bangor from lubec and would like to stay overnight. not driving...taking a bus to bangor from lubec and then a bus on to boston. so i would like to stay somewhere convenient.

• Tyranny's Profile Photo

SK's House

by Tyranny Online Now Jun 23, 2006 at 11:23 AM

Any tips on finding the Mansion? My fiance and I will be traveling to Bangor on our honeymoon in September. Mainly to camp at Acadia, but, we've planned to visit several cities and towns that we've always wanted to see, one of which is Bangor (specificly to see Stephen King's Mansion). I know it's in the historic district, but could you give me a tip or two on fining it?

4 Answers Jun 25, 2006 at 8:05 PM
    • Tyranny's Profile Photo

SK's mansion

by Tyranny Online Now Jun 23, 2006 at 10:16 AM

Any tips on trying to the mansion? My fiance and I will be traveling to Maine on our Honeymoon, mostly for camping at Acadia, but plan on visiting many towns, one of which will be Bangor. I'm an avid Stephen King fan and specifically chose Bangor to take a gander at the Mansion and pick up some SK memorabilia. So, any help you could provide would be great. I know it's in the historic district, so it can't be too awful to find.

• goodfish's Profile Photo

Hotel/Motel in Bangor

by goodfish Online Now Apr 29, 2006 at 6:39 AM

Hi - we'll be hiking Acadia end of Sept. and flying in/out of Bangor. Will be staying there one night on the back end due to early morning flight time and need a reco for a good hotel/motel. There's not much for reviews on the VT site so would love to hear from a regular traveler to the Bangor area. I know, one night shouldn't be a big deal but had one really lousy experience with an airport hotel in Vegas (filthy/unsafe/everything broken/noisy/not cheap) so would like to end this trip on a higher note. We don't need fancy - just clean, reasonably comfortable and close to the airport. Being able to load/unload the car directly into the room (lower level rooms with direct entrance) would be great so we can throw stuff in the car in a hurry - no stairs or elevators. Any ideas?

2 Answers May 1, 2006 at 5:22 PM