Bangladesh

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Appointment Dates for indian visa problem

Bangladesh 13 hours ago

I select the appointment date.but when i hit the "confirm the appointment" button it shows the blank application form.what can i do now????????

• India tour

Dhaka Feb 23, 2014 at 2:47 AM

I have a plan to visit India for 7 days but want to visit maximum places like Delhi, Jaipur , Agra , Manila & Kolkata . For save time i want to make my tour by air I/o train in India. So if you have any idea for make plan for this tour.

4 Answers Apr 20, 2014 at 9:44 PM
    • TouhidulI's Profile Photo

About helicopter riding

Dhaka Feb 12, 2014 at 7:32 AM

Is it possible to ride on helicopter in dhaka just for 1 hour in a low rate ??

1 Answer Mar 14, 2014 at 8:24 PM
    • No Appointment Dates are available indian visa problem

Bangladesh Jan 6, 2014 at 1:54 AM

I tried from 2 months.... But when I fill up application form and come in appointment date page.. its show "No Appointment Dates are available"

I don't know why this problem. I spend lot of time for do it using Firefox, Chrome, IE 11 etc. I also do it from different internet line.. but same issue..

Can anybody help me ?

Waiting for a positive reply.

5 Answers 11 hours ago
    • AshutoshP's Profile Photo

dhaka question about.......

Dhaka Dec 8, 2013 at 11:15 PM

is dhaka safe for Indian to do job there.

1 Answer Apr 20, 2014 at 9:44 PM
    • Need advice and a few questions answered!

Bangladesh Nov 25, 2013 at 7:22 PM

I am a white 19 year old male from america who within the next couple of years plan on going to bangladesh by myself or with my one friend who is also male. I have been doing a good bit of research about the place and the people so i know a little bit of what to expect. Whenever i go i do not plan on staying near the major cities. I have a few questions that i would like to have answered before going and if anyone has any advice for me that would be much appreciated. I would like to be there for a month just as a trial but if it goes well maybe longer. On my stay i plan on helping out where ever and whoever i can. So first thing i would like to ask is what do they need i have very good electrician skills and was wondering if that would come in useful to anyone down there. I was going to go to some local good wills and buy clothes for people(Dont know if this is a good idea or not, would they take it offensively if i try to help them out?). For you people that have been there i would like to know how much money i should bring with me?How much money would i use in a month on like food, transportation, and things like that. I do not look this up yet but if able i was going to take around 10,000usd with me and yes i was planning on helping people out with the money.I also would like to know if i will have a hard time because i only speak english. Should i learn Bangli and if i should is it an easy language to understand? Should i hire a translator and if so where would i be able to do this? I see people have concerns with there water so should i bring my own water with me or where would be the safe places for me to get water? I do plan on getting any possible vaccinations that i can before i go there. I have read that bangladesh people are very nice and curious people and i was just wanting to know if that was true or not? If i go there what are some of the things that i should go see, what are nice places to visit and what are places that i should stay away from? Should i bring things like my cell phone or my laptop? I will be taking a camera. Do they have wifi or internet anywhere it does not really matter to me i was just curious. and if anyone has any advice they would like to share it would be greatly appreciated.

4 Answers Jan 2, 2014 at 11:10 AM
    • travel to dhaka

Dhaka Nov 21, 2013 at 9:45 AM

is travellin to dhaka safe for next one week

3 Answers Apr 20, 2014 at 9:22 PM
    • Dhaka Transit Visa

Dhaka Sep 25, 2013 at 9:40 AM

I am traveling from Hong Kong to Kathmandu, but their is a stop in Dhaka in which it is one hour. I am on the same plane leaving, so will I need a visa of any sort for Dhaka?

3 Answers Oct 25, 2013 at 11:25 PM
    • Abour cost.

Bandarban Aug 17, 2013 at 4:55 AM

What may be the approximate cost for travel to the Keokradong Peak for a two persons group?

2 Answers Aug 17, 2013 at 10:07 AM
    • Translator Bangladesh, Jessore

Bangladesh Jul 10, 2013 at 3:15 AM

Together with 4 other students I'm doing research on post-harvest losses of perishable fruits and vegetables in rural areas in Bangladesh. In about 5 days we will leave Dhaka (were we are now) and head for areas around Jessore. There we will conduct a few interviews with local farmers to get information about losses. However, we need a translator to translate the interviews. (We have some friends from Bangladesh to conduct the interviews, but we need an extra translator). We need a translator for 2 days.

Does anyone know if it is possible to arrange a proper translator on such a short notice? Does anyone have any experience with having or booking a translator in this area (Jessore)? Are they good translators? What are the prices?

We actually can't find anything, so perhaps anyone can help us with it, would be appreciated!

Thanks,
      Bart

• Is there any reliable website where I can book Cox's Bazar hotels via online ?

Cox's Bazar Jun 23, 2013 at 12:07 AM

Is there any reliable website where I can book Cox's Bazar hotels via online ? I want to reserve my room before i visit cox's bazar. I want to be able to pay via my credit card.

3 Answers Aug 1, 2013 at 3:17 PM
    • Restaurant

Dhaka Jun 20, 2013 at 3:07 PM

What is the best place to eat in Dhaka? I am returning after 6 years!

2 Answers Oct 5, 2013 at 5:25 AM
    • Transit VISA for Thai ordinary passport availability at Dhaka airport

Dhaka May 21, 2013 at 8:18 AM

Hi I am a Thai holding Thai ordinary passport. I will take a flight of biman from nepal to Bkk and have a transit for 1 day about 24 hours period (1 aftertoon, a night and 1 morning). Whether I needs the VISA in case i am within airport. And if I would like to go outside the airport, can I get transit visa at Dhaka airport. Is there any counter for transit VISA there?

1 Answer Nov 3, 2013 at 2:54 AM
    • sharmi0013's Profile Photo

Is Transit Visa Required while in transit through Dhaka

Dhaka Apr 23, 2013 at 5:40 PM

travelling to kolkata via dhaka from hong kong.. do I need a transit visa if the connecting flight is different.

3 Answers Aug 20, 2013 at 2:11 PM
    • Travel Description

Bangladesh Apr 12, 2013 at 5:47 PM

How Can I go to Doulotdia at Rajbari District From Comilla ?

1 Answer Apr 12, 2013 at 7:08 PM
    • JamM105's Profile Photo

Do I need to apply a tourist visa

Dhaka Mar 19, 2013 at 8:52 AM

Hi, I want to visit in Dhaka,Bangladesh for sight seeing and shopping. My question is can I go to Dhaka without tourist visa,

2 Answers Aug 4, 2013 at 4:55 AM
    • JonathanV's Profile Photo

Hiring a Guide?

Bangladesh Jan 12, 2013 at 11:27 PM

Hey guys, I'm flying into Dhaka and will have two full days to explore the city. I've drawn up a list of the places I want to visit however seeing as I've never been to Dhaka before I was wondering if you think it'd be advisable to hire a local guide to take me around so I don't spend half my time getting lost.

Places I want to visit;

- Sadarghat River station.
      - Buriganga River
      - Ship repair yard
      - Karwan bazar
      - Korail slum
      - Kamlapur station area
      - Hindu street
      - Chawalk bazar.

If you can help with where I'd go about hiring a guide and how much you think the rate would be?

Many thanks to anyone who can help.

Jon.

2 Answers Mar 3, 2013 at 1:24 AM
    • simonwnlim's Profile Photo

How much money do I need for staying 6 days in dhaka

Dhaka Oct 31, 2012 at 8:33 PM

I will be travelling for the first time to dhaka this month, basically it's work but I intend to extend my stay for some sight seeing. Would like to know how much money do i need to bring to be sufficient for 6 days. Is credit card, widely accepted?

3 Answers Nov 3, 2013 at 2:50 AM
    • Prepaid Mobile card for a short visit to Dhaka

Bangladesh Sep 24, 2012 at 12:22 PM

Any suggestions.

Can I purchase SIM at airport

1 Answer Mar 3, 2013 at 1:27 AM
    • nanasim's Profile Photo

Is it safe for single female to travel in Dhaka?

Dhaka Sep 11, 2012 at 2:28 AM

I will be going to Dhaka for work trip and intend to extend 1-2 for sightseeing.

Is it safe? Any recommendations for places to visit?

1 Answer Aug 4, 2013 at 4:55 AM
    • mvp2ny's Profile Photo

Dhaka Visit

Dhaka May 18, 2012 at 4:57 AM

Hi everyone, I am landing in Dhaka at 2am next Wednesday and I was wondering are there airport shuttles avaialble to Pan Pacific Sonargon Hotel. I emailed the hotel directly but never got a response. How much would a taxi cost in tk/usd?

Thanks,

Ron

6 Answers Mar 3, 2013 at 1:27 AM
    • Dhaka and vaccinations

Bangladesh Apr 27, 2012 at 6:23 AM

Hi guys!
      I was offered a 2-month job in Bangladesh (mainly Dhaka with travels to rural areas). Given I'm pregnant, I cannot be vaccinated for diphtheria+tetanus and typhoid.
      When it comes to typhoid, I need to be careful with food and drinks; yet, diphtheria can be transmitted through air.
      Any information on the risk to get diphtheria and typhoid in Bangladesh?
      Thanks!

5 Answers Apr 30, 2012 at 12:46 AM
    • chinamoon's Profile Photo

how to find guide for hill tribes in Bandarban or Alikadam areas?

Chittagong Feb 19, 2012 at 6:32 AM

We are trying to find a guide to see the Mru people down the Matamuri River close to the town of Alikadam south of Bandarban. It takes 7 days to get a permit so we can't wait till we arrive to find a local guide. The guides at guidetours say that area is too far for them to get a permit as they work around their Hillside Resort in Bandarban.
      Any help on a name and email for a guide would be so much appreciated. We only want to spend a couple of days. Asian Pacific Tours has a 5 day trip for 2500.00 per person and one other agency listed their 5 day trip as 895.00 per person. Normally we would just go to the Alikadam market and find a local to take us but without the permit we would not be allowed to visit that area. Any ideas? thanks so so much

1 Answer Feb 26, 2012 at 8:32 AM
    • Problem with indian visa application in Bangladesh

Bangladesh Feb 18, 2012 at 1:39 AM

I been trying to get appointment on indian embassy in bangladesh and i can never get an appointment with them.
      When I walk into their office they say only get appointment on the internet website so i go to their website and it does NOT work for me at all.
      One time I had to fly to nepal to get to india from bangladesh all because of the indian website not working i had to spent money on a plane ticket to nepal.
      I have the website for the indian embassy in bangladesh, if anybody tries it and it works then let me know I will give you a thumbs up.
      The website is indianvisaonline.gov.in/visa...
      I tried 60 times before and it didnt work that was 3 months ago now I am trying again and it still is not working for me.
      How can i get an appointment with them? Us embassy cant give me an appointment i already talked to them. How can i get an appointment with indian embassy to get a visa if the website isnt working?

6 Answers Mar 4, 2014 at 2:57 AM
    • Question about renting apartments in Bangladesh

Bangladesh Feb 17, 2012 at 8:28 AM

I have wanted to rent an apartment in Bangladesh, and almost every place I want to rent in the foreighn areas or areas where upperclass people live they want like 2 months advance, and some places with a security guard wants about 500 us dollars to move in.
      I have rented apartments before without advance in the villages but why is it in these upperclass areas of the city they want 2 months advance?
      Now I rented one apartment in the city I paid 2 months advance and I do not even know if i will get that back once I leave and I am a poor person.
      Almost every place that wants to rent to me they want advance money.
      Can a lawyer help me get the advance money back if the owner does not want to give it? Is it a scam with foreighners because only in areas where foreighners live they ask for 2 months advance or more.

1 Answer Feb 17, 2012 at 12:17 PM
    • nathanronen's Profile Photo

Itinerary to Bangladesh in December 2012 -- 18 days -- Any opinions

Bangladesh Feb 4, 2012 at 4:18 PM

Hello, Planning a private tour to Bangladesh with driver and guide.
      This is what we are thinking of doing....any suggestions, additions, deletions...don't hold back.

Thank you.

Day 1: Receive & welcome:
      Arrive Dhaka Airport. Reception and transfer to Sheraton Hotel. Overnight at Sheraton Hotel.

Day 2: Full Day city Sightseeing:
      Full day city sightseeing covering Sadarghata Terminal, Pink palace, Dhakeshawari Hindu Temple, Lalbag Mughol Fort, Curzon Hall, Central Shahid Minar and the distinctive Notational Parliament Building. Lunch at local restaurant. After lunch drive to Savar to visit National Memorial and the Brass Metal works at Dhanmarai (If time permits). Overnight at Sheraton hotel.

Day3: Dhaka-Sonargaon
      After breakfast drive to Sonargaon by A/C Micro. Visit the historical Panam city and Sonargaon Folk-art Museum and complex.Cruise in the river Megna from baddyar bazar by wooden country boat. Overnight at Sheraton Hotel.

Day 4: Dhaka- Bogra
      After breakfast drive to Bogra by A/C micro passing through the panoramic Jamuna Bridge (the 11th longest in the world) via Shirajgonj. After lunch visit Mohasthangar archaeological sites and the museum. You can also visit the Vashu Vihara near th Mohasthangarh. Overnight and dinner at Naz garden hotel.

Day 5: Bogra-Rangpur-Dinajpur
      After breakfast drive to Rangpur. Visit the Tajhat Zaminder Palace. Drive to Dimla Kalibarri via Gangachura and Domar. You can also visit the attractive Tista Barrage. After Tajhat sighseeing Drive to Kantajir Mondir and visit the ornamented terracotta temple. Over night on Parjatan hotel Dinajpur.

Day 6: Dinajpur-Paharpur-Rajshahi:
      After breakfast drive to paharpur the largest single monasteries south of Himalays (world heritage site). After Paharpur sightseeing drive towards Rajshahi. visit the spectacular Varendra research museum (if time permits) and the fine silk industry.Evening walk through the bank of Padma river to enjoy the sunset. Overnight at Hotel Parjatan hotel Rajshahi.

Day 7: Rajshahi-Puthia-Khulna
      After break fast sightseeing at Puthia. Visit Puthia palace, Shiva temple and others terracotta temple in Puthia. After sightseeing drive towards Khulna. En-route you can visit the wonderful Bagha Mosque. Over night at Khulna.

Day 8: Sundarbans
      After Early breakfast drive to Mongla to avail the boat for full day safari tour to Sundarbans forest. Lunch on the boat. Return Mongla by evening and overnight stay in Khulna.

Day 9: Khulna-Bagerhat-Dhaka
      Morning after breakfast Bagerhat Sightseeing visit the Sixty Domb Mosque (world heritage site), shrine of Khan Jahan Ali. After Bagerhat sightseeing drive towards Dhaka. Upon arrival Dhaka check in to the hotel. Over night stay on hotel sheraton.

Day 10: Dhaka- Srimongal:
      After breakfast drive to Sreemangal by land transport through the green valley and terraced tea garden at Srimangal where there are lots of attractions for nature loving tourist. This is an ideal place for eco-tourism. Upon arrival in Srimongal check in to the hotel. After lunch visit tea garden and MonipuriTribal villages and Lawachara forest at Srimangal. Over night stay at Srimangal.

Day 11: Srimongal-Moinamoti-Chittagong:
      Morning after breakfast drive towards Chittagong. En-route visit the most impressive archaeological sites Shalban Vihara at Moinamoti Lalmai hill range. There are more than 50 archaeological spots like Shalban Vihara, Kutila Mura, Ananda Vihara which are very important for studies of Buddhism. Upon arrival chittagong check into the hotel.

Day 12: Chittagong-Rangamatti,Cruise on Kaptai lake:
      After breakfast drive to Rangamati hill district which is 77km distance from Chittagong. This is a unique place for holidays. After fresh up we will offer you the most fascinating boat cruise in the Kaptai Lake with its splendid setting of lush landscape and scenic grandeur. The boat journey through the vast expanse (spreading over 680sq. km.) of crystal clear water flanked by hills and evergreen dense forest with rich tribal villages temples and tribal markets fishing boat. Overnight stay at Parjatan hotel.

Day 13: Rangamatti- Bandarban
      After breakfast visit Rajban Vihara, Buddhist temple. After sightseeing drive to the hill district Bandarban. On the way to Bandarban you will visit Moorong tribal villages, tribal market and transfer to Milonchari Resort. After lunch visit the Golden temple, local bazaar to get the touch of local people.Over night stay at Resort.

Day 14: Bandarban- Cox'sbazar
      After breakfast jeep drive to Chimbuk hilltop (3700 feet high) and en-route visit the Murong
      tribal villages, tribal market and attractive Shailopropat. After sightseeing drive to Cox’s Bazar through the hilly roads. Upon arrival Cox’s bazar check in to the hotel. Enjoy the sun set from the largest unbroken seabeach in the world

Day 15: Cox'sbazar- Saintmartin
      After breakfast (7.30 am) drive for teknaf for onward ship to St.martin. Upon arrival Teknaf board in to the ship. Enjoy the cruise around 3 hrs on the river Naf and Bay of Bengal. Reach St. Martin in the afternoon & check in to the hotel. After lunch you will have free time on the coral island for enjoy the beauty. In the dinner, enjoy the delightful seafood. Overnight at Hotel.

Day 16: Saintmartin-Cox'sbazar
      After the breakfast we will start sightseeing for Chera Deep by boat. Visit Chera deep (a small coral island). Return to hotel. After lunch departure from St. Martin for Teknaf at 3:00pm. Upon arrival to Teknaf transfer to Cox’s Bazar, dinner and overnight stay at hotel.

Day 17: Cox'sbazar-Dhaka
      Morning start journey to Dhaka. Arrive Dhaka in the late evening. Dinner and overnight. (If you want to skip long drive its advisable to fly from cox'sbazar to Dhaka)

Day 18: Departure transfer to airport
      After breakfast if time permits we’ll offer a fascinating shopping trip. Transfer to Zia Int’l airport for onward destination.

2 Answers Mar 3, 2013 at 1:27 AM
    • Living conditions in Bangla Desh, particularly in Dakha

Dhaka Jan 31, 2012 at 6:54 AM

Hello, I'm an Italian Geologist 41 years old, and I've just received a good job offer for one year in Bangla Desh. Basically, I would be based in an office in Dakha, in the quarter of Baridhara, but sometimes with field surveys in Rangpur, Dinajpur, Mymensingh, Tangail, Bogra, and Rajshahi. The job position is extremely attractive and fascinating and also the salary is good (I wuold be payed in Thai Bhat, about 60000 per month, equivalent to 163445.13 Takas, if I correctly converted the currency). I am really excited of this job opportunity, but at the same time I quite worried.
      Browsing on the web I read many controversial information on Dakha and Bangladesh in general. Someone speaks of an awful hot and wet climate, of terrible infective diseases, millions of mosquitoes (including those transmitting the Dengue virus), very bad and dangerous public transports, not drinkable water, unsafe food, very poor hospitals, old houses and hotels not very clean, high levels of criminality, continuous political and religious disorders and fightings. Some others, instead, report of a beautiful, peaceful country, with just some danger of diseases in rural areas.
      Now, taking into account that I'm accustomed to European standards of living and that I should work there for at least one year (not just a few weeks as a tourist) can somebody objectively describe the living conditions in Dakha and in the rest of Bangladesh? Do you think it's worth accepting such a job offer? I am particular worried about infective diseases. Can someone tell me precisely which the compulsory and suggested vaccinations are? And in which do these vaccinations consist? Pills or injections? How long does it take, on the whole, such preventive cures? Just a few days or weeks? Thanks in advance for any answer. Regards.

8 Answers Dec 17, 2012 at 11:50 PM
    • Living conditions in Bangla Desh

Bangladesh Jan 31, 2012 at 6:53 AM

Hello, I'm an Italian Geologist 41 years old, and I've just received a good job offer for one year in Bangla Desh. Basically, I would be based in an office in Dakha, in the quarter of Baridhara, but sometimes with field surveys in Rangpur, Dinajpur, Mymensingh, Tangail, Bogra, and Rajshahi. The job position is extremely attractive and fascinating and also the salary is good (I wuold be payed in Thai Bhat, about 60000 per month, equivalent to 163445.13 Takas, if I correctly converted the currency). I am really excited of this job opportunity, but at the same time I quite worried.
      Browsing on the web I read many controversial information on Dakha and Bangladesh in general. Someone speaks of an awful hot and wet climate, of terrible infective diseases, millions of mosquitoes (including those transmitting the Dengue virus), very bad and dangerous public transports, not drinkable water, unsafe food, very poor hospitals, old houses and hotels not very clean, high levels of criminality, continuous political and religious disorders and fightings. Some others, instead, report of a beautiful, peaceful country, with just some danger of diseases in rural areas.
      Now, taking into account that I'm accustomed to European standards of living and that I should work there for at least one year (not just a few weeks as a tourist) can somebody objectively describe the living conditions in Dakha and in the rest of Bangladesh? Do you think it's worth accepting such a job offer? I am particular worried about infective diseases. Can someone tell me precisely which the compulsory and suggested vaccinations are? And in which do these vaccinations consist? Pills or injections? How long does it take, on the whole, such preventive cures? Just a few days or weeks? Thanks in advance for any answer. Regards.

1 Answer Dec 18, 2012 at 12:10 AM
    • KittyG's Profile Photo

Best guide book?

Bangladesh Aug 17, 2011 at 6:23 PM

When I started traveling I was a lonely planet girl. But as i've gotten older and traveled more widely i feel that it can be a bit hit or miss depending on the countries and the authors. E.g when i traveled through Central America it was a great source of help and knowledge but when i recently traveled to Colombia it's information fell short and the writing style annoyed me.

I'm planning to go to Bangladesh for two months or more traveling over from India next February. I was wondering whether to bother with a guide book and if so what are peoples views on the best ones in print?

5 Answers Feb 26, 2012 at 8:45 AM
    • Accomodation in Comilla

Comilla Jul 22, 2011 at 11:17 PM

What hotels or guest houses are in Comilla?? What are the tel nos?? Or locations?? Can anyone tell me more ??

2 Answers Jul 23, 2011 at 7:01 AM