Bangkok Travel Answers

change location
eagerexplorer's Profile Photo

Samphran Elephant Show

by eagerexplorer Online Now Feb 6, 2013 at 12:15 AM

Hi everyone! My friends and I are heading for Bangkok later this month. We wanted to see the elephant show in Samphran Grounds. I have a few questions and I hope somebody can answer any of these questions:

1. Does anyone know of a trusted car rental with driver? We're considering just renting out a car than joining a group tour since we're already four in our group.

2. How long does the journey to and from the site take?

3. How much does the elephant ride cost? Is it worth it?

Thank you a lot in advance. Happy travels!

Quote & Answer
5 Answers
  • SirHalberd's Profile Photo

Re: Samphran Elephant Show

by SirHalberd Online Now Feb 6, 2013 at 3:07 AM

I have never been to this place. I have been to elephant shows in Pattaya and here and there came across them over the past 14 years. When you Google "Samphram Elephant Grounds" or "Samphram Elephant day trips" some of the replies include price ranges. A price of 500 baht for foreigners shows up on a couple links.

elephantshow.com/eng/service...

elephantshow.com/eng/sitemap...

In Bangkok you can check with local travel agencies and see what they charge. Some tour companies can get tourists in at a lower Thai citizen price while providing transportation too. Tour companies pick you up at your hotel and return you there at the end of the visit. Most of the tours through travel agencies are shared van tours where you will be with 8 or 9 other passengers.

There is also a crocodile show too.

Good luck.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • johnaalex's Profile Photo

by johnaalex Online Now Feb 6, 2013 at 9:07 AM

For details of a good, safe and reliable driver see my Travel Pages for the details of Mr Tom.

• Re: Samphran Elephant Show

by wentbytrain Online Now Feb 7, 2013 at 10:46 PM

1,you can always bargain with a taxi for a whole day-1000/1200 THB
    2.impossible to say without knowing from where in this enormous bigcity BKK.
    SamPran is just WEST of BKK-in Nakorn Pathom province, the direct road to there is at the mo clogged up with giant jams-due to skytrain contruction being started.
    In a citybus-sunday morning, from Sanam Luang (bus 123-not recommended for fine assed tourists), it takes well over 1 hr speeding. In peak hour gridlock, nearly 3 hrs.
    3.frankly-one can see elefants in the zoo. That place is beside the rose garden-and is visited in practice only by giant tourcoaches-doing both+ more of the usual touristguidebook sites in 1 day. Often on he way back from that ''floating rip-of market'', named Damnern Saduak. The tipical mainland Chinese all love it and make 10000s of foto's.

• Re: Samphran Elephant Show

by magics Online Now Feb 10, 2013 at 10:55 AM

Hi,

Group tours r always enjoyable and very safe. In case u want to hire a separate car I suggest u contact the travel desk in ur hotel who can help.

• Pocky's Profile Photo

by Pocky Online Now Feb 11, 2013 at 7:39 AM

Hi

I have friend can drive u to Sampran and u can trust, if u interest u can contact prosabuy@gmail.com

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines