Bangkok Travel Answers

change location

Taxi cabs

by trave1bear Online Now Mar 24, 2013 at 6:01 AM

Can I pay by credit card to get to the airport?

Quote & Answer
5 Answers
  • davidjo's Profile Photo

Re: Taxi cabs

by davidjo Online Now Mar 24, 2013 at 6:08 AM

A taxi to the airport should cost around only 350 baht and they don't accept credit cards, nor issue receipts!!!

2 members found this helpful

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • johnaalex's Profile Photo

by johnaalex Online Now Mar 24, 2013 at 6:14 AM

Davidjo is correct. If for some reason you really want to use a credit card, most hotels provide an airport transfer which you can charge to your room account, but this is can be an expensive option.

2 members found this helpful

• Re: Taxi cabs

by trave1bear Online Now Mar 24, 2013 at 6:18 AM

Thanks that is helpful. We are just wondering if we should make sure that we save some cash for the trip home

Be the first to rate this answer!

• SirHalberd's Profile Photo

by SirHalberd Online Now Mar 24, 2013 at 9:57 AM

trave1bear wrote: Thanks that is helpful. We are just wondering if we should make sure that we save some cash for the trip home

Don't worry about getting stuck with Thai baht.   At the airport you will have a chance to change any Thai money back to your own currency.   

No problem getting meter taxis back to the airport any time of day, even for early morning departures.   For the ride back to the airport there is no surcharge.    Usually less than 350 baht for the return trip using the meter.   Same price for one passenger or for full load.    (Have small bills and coins for paying taxi drivers.)

My advice is to use cash for cheap purchases.   The less you expose you credit card numbers the less chance of credit card fraud.   No problem using a debit card an ATM if you need Thai baht.   Just remember the ATM fee is 150 baht.  

Good luck.

1 member found this helpful

• ter1413's Profile Photo

by ter1413 Online Now Mar 29, 2013 at 9:46 AM

I just took a taxi yesterday from Soi 15/Sukhumvit to the airport. Cost just under 300 baht. My flight was "scheduled" for 1, but delayed until 3:45 due to weather in HK(I was flying BK>HK>NY.) Just give yourself enough time to deal with the potential traffic issues.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines