Bangkok Travel Answers

change location
Treshi's Profile Photo

Visit to Bangkok

by Treshi Online Now Mar 21, 2013 at 12:47 AM

Hi Everyone,

I ll be in Bangkok by the end of next month and will be staying at the first hotel.

Can someone pls let me know if this a ok hotel and also any night life around as we wish to chill out more during our 4 days visit in Bangkok.

Any information will be greatly appreciated.

Treshi.

Quote & Answer
15 Answers
  • AprillyP's Profile Photo

Re: Visit to Bangkok

by AprillyP Online Now Mar 21, 2013 at 12:59 AM

first hotel nice area for shoping but this hotel very old

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Treshi's Profile Photo

by Treshi Online Now Mar 21, 2013 at 1:01 AM

Thank you for your speedy answer. Can you tell me the best places for shopping and night life..

• beka1121's Profile Photo

by beka1121 Online Now Mar 21, 2013 at 2:05 AM

We also stayed in that same hotel when we went to Bangkok, its not a 5 star hotel but it is a good one, not expensive and near to shopping malls and easier to go around because it is right in their downtown area.

1 member found this helpful

• xymmot's Profile Photo

by xymmot Online Now Mar 21, 2013 at 2:45 AM

The First Hotel would not be my first choice as there are many others within the price that are better. I always like the Sukumvit area as there is always a busy crowd and expats around and shopping area is easy to get to with the sky train. If you like a hostel like place with a backpackers environment, google Suk 11. Nice friendly staff and guest. If you want more of a hotel, across the street is the Ambassador Hotel that charges 40 pounds and have a swimming pool to chill. The area is also known for it's nightlife and entertainment area. It is safe with many people walking about at all hours. Have fun in Bangkok

cheers tommy x

• xymmot's Profile Photo

by xymmot Online Now Mar 21, 2013 at 2:58 AM

Siam discovery is under renovation and closed at the moment, central world plaza is in the recovery faze

• Treshi's Profile Photo

by Treshi Online Now Mar 21, 2013 at 4:37 AM

Thank you Beka1121 and Tommy for your answers. We are on a tour package and we were offered a very good rate for this hotel together with the airfare. This is the reason we are staying in this hotel. This is why I needed to find out if there are any night life around the area or within short distance to the hotel which will be easier for us to get about. Ok, so this hotel is located centrally to the shopping area which is really good as we plan to do some shopping around too.

Tommy, can you tell me what are the night clubs / pubs you recommend and the distance from where we are staying?

Appreciate all the efforts.

• davidjo's Profile Photo

by davidjo Online Now Mar 21, 2013 at 5:01 AM

First Hotel is within a couple of kilometers from several shopping Malls and is centrally located. Sukhumvit Road is 20 minutes away by bus depending on traffic and Silom Road , possibly a little longer. Both of these roads have plenty restaurants, bars, including the naughty type, but i am unfamiliar with the nightclub scene

• Treshi's Profile Photo

by Treshi Online Now Mar 21, 2013 at 5:08 AM

Thank you for your reply davidjo. I'll surely make a note of the two roads you have mentioned.

• tenluk's Profile Photo

by tenluk Online Now Mar 21, 2013 at 5:21 AM

Hi Treshi,
    first of all you have to find the nearest public convenience transportation maybe ratchathewi BTS to reach the area for night life or night market. Like go to Asiatique, Chatchuchak weekend market, would like to see another part of nightlife like Phatpong or Soi Cowboy and so on.
    Enjoy your trip

• SirHalberd's Profile Photo

by SirHalberd Online Now Mar 21, 2013 at 5:27 AM

From First Hotel you can walk to Pratunam shopping - Platinum Mall, Panthip Plaza IT Mall, street vendors and a few restaurants.    You can walk to the Ratchathewi Skytrain Station at the Asia Hotel or if closer to Ratchaporop use the Rail Link stop.  Rail Link connects with Skytrain at Phaya Thai.  Not much nightlife you can walk to in Pratunam area, maybe some nightclubs here and there.  More nightlife on Sukhumvit Road, Nana area.   Meter taxis are cheap in Bangkok but remember to only pay the meter.  Same price for one passenger or for full load.  Have small bills and coins for paying taxi drivers.Have fun.

• xymmot's Profile Photo

by xymmot Online Now Mar 21, 2013 at 8:59 AM

There are several night clubs and many bars to go to with just a cheap taxi ride away. Most are on Sukumvit road around soi 11 which includes the Q bar, Bed Supper Club and Insomnia. (many foreigners and expats.) The closest one to you would be Hollywood Disco on Soi 8 Rachadapisek Road with G Star down the road from that. There are mostly Thai people that goes to those two and have live music or performers on the weekends. Either way, it is best to make your entrance in a taxi that will cost you less than 100 bahts. Walking to these venues would be too hard that you can't get your groove on. Google them to check out which disco you might prefer . I like them all at different times depending on the people and the mood that we are in.
    Drinking bars are everywhere, but if I am just having drinks GULLIVERS TRAVELS, or any Irish bar will do, but there are so many and pricey. For free entertainment and cheap beer, late night along Sukumvit Road along the sidewalk, many free lance vendors are about. Please have a open mind as you will see all kinds of people and the likes along the streets till 5 a.m. Have a great time and take a taxi. Remember to always carry a business card with you of your hotel and address in Thai and english to get back home safely. Thailand is pretty safe, but guard your purse and belongings in the night clubs. Too many people in the crowd... Have a great time in Bangkok

cheers tommy x

2 members found this helpful

• wise23girl's Profile Photo

by wise23girl Online Now Mar 21, 2013 at 12:02 PM

Advertising not permitted on VT.

• Treshi's Profile Photo

by Treshi Online Now Mar 21, 2013 at 7:53 PM

Thank you tenluk, SirHalberd and Tommy once again for your great info. This will surely make my stay in Bangkok a super one. Thank you guys for all the names of the places that you have suggest that I should be visiting and this will make my life more easier.

Dear wise23girl, I think this is no advertising but very sincere help from the fellow VT members. But I do agree that advertising is not permitted on VT.

Many thanks all once again. Will post for more info if required in the future.

• xymmot's Profile Photo

by xymmot Online Now Mar 22, 2013 at 10:57 PM

Don,t understand you,re comment on advertisement.? Wise girl see something I didn't ?

• xymmot's Profile Photo

by xymmot Online Now Mar 22, 2013 at 10:57 PM

Don,t understand you,re comment on advertisement.? Wise girl see something I didn't ?

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines