Bangkok Travel Answers

change location

Solo backpackers?

by Eggley666 Online Now Mar 8, 2013 at 5:34 AM

Hi everyone

Is anyone currently travelling in Bangkok? I've been here since Wednesday as a solo traveler and wondered if anyone is in the same position and fancies meeting up for a few drinks? Want to experience the night life properly but haven't had the opportunity to meet anyone in my guest house or around the area! Feel free to message me on here or contact me through facebook sean.kinder.37

Thanks!

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • xymmot's Profile Photo

Re: Solo backpackers?

by xymmot Online Now Mar 8, 2013 at 6:39 AM

Even if there is no one to meet you from VT, it is easy to go out and wander on your own. Don't be shy and be adventurist. Go out to MBK center, Siam Paragon, Week end market etc. Bangkok is fairly safe to travel and be on your own. Just be careful of the hustlers that will sell you anything, so they say. LOL

cheers tommy x

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • SirHalberd's Profile Photo

by SirHalberd Online Now Mar 8, 2013 at 7:22 PM

" Want to experience the night life properly but haven't had the opportunity to meet anyone..."

Depends on the type of nightlife you are intertested in.  Expensive nightclub nightlife you can find in the Ratchada area.  And cheaper beer bar and go-go bar nightlife in Nana area, Patpong and Soi Cowboy.  Sukhumvit Nana area you can get to easy by Skytrain.  There are cheap hotels and hostels in this area too.  Then there are various expat pubs and bars you can visit.     You will meet some of your fellow countrymen or even other tourists in these places.    (Beer bars are open sided bars where drinks are usually cheaper than other bars.  You will find other tourists sitting there.)

bangkok.com/ratchadapisek/ni...

bangkok.com/nightlife-go-go-...

You don't need anyone with you when you check out the local nightlife!   But don't get so stupid drunk that you are careless with your money! 

Have fun.

• ollyf's Profile Photo

by ollyf Online Now Mar 12, 2013 at 2:57 AM

Sean, presuming I got the right FB page, I have sent you a PM there.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines