Bangkok Travel Answers

change location
cnedraogarion's Profile Photo

Don Muang to Pratunam

by cnedraogarion Online Now Feb 25, 2013 at 1:18 AM

Hi, i would like to know if there is any train from Don Muang Airport to Pratunam? I want to avoid taxi as I heard traffic will be conjuncted in Bangkok.

Quote & Answer
10 Answers
  • akkipaa's Profile Photo

Re: Don Muang to Pratunam

by akkipaa Online Now Feb 25, 2013 at 1:47 AM

Take a look to airport guides: donmuangairportonline.com/tr... and bangkok.com/information/don-... as you can see, the choices are taxis or buses the trains are for the adventurous, what ever the meaning of that is.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • xymmot's Profile Photo

by xymmot Online Now Feb 25, 2013 at 2:07 AM

THERE IS NO TRAIN FROM THE OLD AIRPORT TO PRATUNAM. YOU MUST TAKE A BUS OR TAXI.

CHEERS TOMMY X

1 member found this helpful

• davidjo's Profile Photo

by davidjo Online Now Feb 25, 2013 at 2:23 AM

A taxi won't take much longer than anhour and i wuld be surprised if the cost is over 350 baht

• Curt1591's Profile Photo

by Curt1591 Online Now Feb 25, 2013 at 3:55 AM

There are many trains that will get you from Don Muang to Hualumpong. The station is across Vibhavadi Rangsit from the airport.

Once at Hualumpong, you will need to transfer to the MRT and take it to Saladaeng. Here you transfer to the BTS and purchase a far to Ratchatewi, Phayathai, or Chitlom. You will have to transfer at Siam to reach any of the three.

From there, you walk to Pratunam.

Now, there is an ARL station at Ratchadarop, but I seems to be opened, then closed, then opened. In any case, this would require transferring from the BTS, to thw ARL, at Phayathai.

Take a taxi!

• SirHalberd's Profile Photo

by SirHalberd Online Now Feb 25, 2013 at 4:12 AM

What time do you arrive at Don Muang?    City rail service from 0600 to midnight.   But this city rail service DOES NOT leave from Don Muang.   (Not yet!)

urbanrail.net/as/bang/bangko...

The old slow train that stops across from Don Muang Airport goes to Hua Lamphong.   Very slow round-about way to get to Pratunam area.  At Hua Lamphong you can walk to the subway, the subway connects with the (Suvarnabhumi) Airport Rail Link which can take you to Pratunam.   Or, take subway to Skytrain.  Skytrain to Ratchathewi Skytrain stop and walk to Phetchaburi - Pratunam shopping.  

Much simpler is bus or taxi to Morchit.   Skytrain to Ratchathewi Skytrain stop and walk from there.    The price for using a meter taxi in Bangkok is the same for one passenger or for a full load.   When using taxis have small bills and coins.  

There is supposed to be a Don Muang to Morchit shuttle bus but I have never used it.   Google this up.

donmuangairportonline.com/tr...

Easiest probably is taxi to Pratunam area direct.  If going to a hotel have a map and good address for your hotel not just a hotel name.

• Richard.GVA's Profile Photo

by Richard.GVA Online Now Feb 25, 2013 at 4:59 PM

Take a taxi: It should not cost more than THB 200 and usually takes less than an hour, unless you travel during peak hours. The Moh Chit/Ratchathewi suggestion above is the best alternative during jam periods.

• Curt1591's Profile Photo

by Curt1591 Online Now Feb 25, 2013 at 7:39 PM

Option #37b:

You can take the train, from Don Muang to Samsen. From there, walk down the road to catch a bus to Pratnnam: http://goo.gl/maps/laJA2

The entire trip will cost less than 40 baht.

• Re: Don Muang to Pratunam

by wentbytrain Online Now Mar 4, 2013 at 11:49 PM

at DMK the que for taxi's from ignorant arrivals is often quite long.It is daft easy to simply walk to the big main road-there will be taxis waitng- and not charge the 50 bt airport surcharge. There is also citybus 504-which in fact passes Pratunam, and runs via Silom but will take endless time.
    (and as seems usual, d-jo is way off- with a more as double for both cost and time taken).

• davidjo's Profile Photo

by davidjo Online Now Mar 5, 2013 at 2:56 AM

@wendy by train, Many of these taxis waiting on the road outside the airport will rip you off as they are waiting for people who do not know what they are doing. I have arrived in Bangkok maybe 50 times since 1979, but of course if you know what you are doing they are cheaper than the airport taxi. If you really want the cheapest way you can get the bus for less than 30baht. In the 80's i think i used to pay 5 baht. Are you suggesting that you can get to Pratinum in 30 minutes----impossible. And i did say it should not cost more than 350 baht, so 200 is less than 350 baht, don't forget the surcharge for taking the expressway.

• IjlalA's Profile Photo

by IjlalA Online Now Sep 2, 2013 at 2:08 AM

cheap way to pratunam from airport
    if u wan to go are easy way from Don Muang airport, u have to take a bus.

Shuttle Bus #510 the bus no. form Airport Don Muang to Mo Chit BTS (bangkok Transit System) station.
    Do not take a taxi ! coz expensive.

PRATUNAM MARKET
    Opening Hours : Daily from 10.00 hrs - 18.00 hrs. (Stores along the footpath close on Monday)
    How to Get There : SkyTrain to E1 Chit Lom ,Station (Sukhumvit Line). Take exit 3, go 250 m straight ahead to intersection of Ratchaprasong Rd. Cross pedrestrian bridge to right and walk Straight ahead 450 m. to Petchburi Rd. intersection. Cross Petchburi to Pratunam Market. Or take bus number 13 , 2 and 511

From MALAYSIA cheap way to pratunam from airport
    if u wan to go are easy way from Don Muang airport, u have to take a bus.

Shuttle Bus #510 the bus no. form Airport Don Muang to Mo Chit BTS (bangkok Transit System) station.
    Do not take a taxi ! coz expensive.

PRATUNAM MARKET
    Opening Hours : Daily from 10.00 hrs - 18.00 hrs. (Stores along the footpath close on Monday)
    How to Get There : SkyTrain to E1 Chit Lom ,Station (Sukhumvit Line). Take exit 3, go 250 m straight ahead to intersection of Ratchaprasong Rd. Cross pedrestrian bridge to right and walk Straight ahead 450 m. to Petchburi Rd. intersection. Cross Petchburi to Pratunam Market. Or take bus number 13 , 2 and 511

easy way to explore Bangkok by using BTS, click Here bts.co.th/customer/en/06-tra...

ijlal (MALAYSIA)

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines