Bang O

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Local bands for our Corporate event guests

Phuket 12 hours ago

Hi! We are a event organizing agency in India. We are taking 120 pax (our esteemed clients) to Phuket for an offsite. Everything else is planned. But are falling short of entertainment acts for their recreation. Kindly suggest some good local bands in Phuket whom we could contact and include in our itinerary.

P.S - We are looking at creating an experience for our clients. Would like to have all the options for the same.

Please help me with some links or profiles also, if any..

more
    • contact lens solution available in chiang khong?

Chiang Khong Jul 10, 2015 at 6:02 PM

Are contact lens solutions available in chiang khong? In Boots.? Tesco Lotus? or other venue? Pls advise. Thanks.

more
    • poepat's Profile Photo

BEST BEACH LIFE KRABI AND PHUKET

Phuket Jul 6, 2015 at 10:57 AM

Hi, We will be flying into Krabi in the middle of January 2016 and have ten days to plan before flying out of Phuket. This will be our first time in these areas and would like a little guidance for us to make our choice of suitable itinerary.
      We would like to split the time between the two areas and would like suggestions of suitable locations.
      We basically want real nice beaches, sea good for snorkelling, good beach food shacks / restaurants.
      We don't want loads of discos, clubs, drunken raves, but do enjoy a good walk round local bars.
      Can anyone give us some ideas. We don't mind catching ferries from Krabi but don't want to spend our time hopping.
      So ideally it will be two locations satisfying what we want.
      Many thanks all in advance
      POEPAT

more
    • poepat's Profile Photo

BEST BEACH LIFE KRABI AND PHUKET

Krabi Jul 6, 2015 at 10:54 AM

Hi, We will be flying into Krabi in the middle of January 2016 and have ten days to plan before flying out of Phuket. This will be our first time in these areas and would like a little guidance for us to make our choice of suitable itinerary.
      We would like to split the time between the two areas and would like suggestions of suitable locations.
      We basically want real nice beaches, sea good for snorkelling, good beach food shacks / restaurants.
      We don't want loads of discos, clubs, drunken raves, but do enjoy a good walk round local bars.
      Can anyone give us some ideas. We don't mind catching ferries from Krabi but don't want to spend our time hopping.
      So ideally it will be two locations satisfying what we want.
      Many thanks all in advance
      POEPAT

more
    • limkahwan's Profile Photo

Need advise for travelling to Doi Angkhang

Thailand 6 hours ago

I need info for my trip this year. I read many articles and write up on this trip and I still find it completed. Can any member advise how to travel there and where to stay at the mountain. Is the foods expenditure costly? I'm a budget traveler.

more
    • Long stay accommodation

Ko Samui Jul 10, 2015 at 12:22 AM

Last winter I stayed in Pattaya in a nice apartment, a/c fridge and balcony for £120 sterling a month. Can anyone recommend accommodation in Koh Samui for under £250 a month for a 3 to 4 month perion from November to March.

more
    • Langkawi to Satun for a day

Satun Jul 5, 2015 at 2:55 PM

What is there to do on the coast of Satun as I am thinking about a day trip to Satun from Langkawi?

more
    • fergie27Solo's Profile Photo

October Itinerary Help

Thailand Jul 23, 2015 at 12:31 PM

Hey Guys

I am beginning to realise what a great tool this site can be to help with my planning. So having thought about things a bit more. I have some kind of route in my head but it may not be workable. Again any suggestions would be massively appreciated. I have created a kind of Loop of destinations and have dropped the fishing idea for now a bit pointless trying to plan a trip around it.

So I arrive in Bangkok 5th Oct and leave 23rd Oct. This is all only a rough Kind of Itinerary. I still have a lot to read up on. This type of idea really appeals to me. Trying to pick one spot in Thailand before I go to Siem Reap Is the hardest part as I am trying to pick a nice place where I might see some nature or culture or both and know how to get to my next stop easily (Aranyaprathet in this case)

Mon5th-Bangkok Morning arrival .Get bus to Nakhon Ratchasima, Get off at Pak-Chong. From there as a base spend 2 nights in Khao Yai National Park. I am trying to pick one spot to go to before I go to Aranyaprathet so this is in that general direction. I hope you can get a bus to Ayranaprathet from Nakon Ratchasima.

Fri9th-Bus then to Aranyprathet (Looked into it but I have no idea where to get a bus from I think Nakon Ratchasima is the name I saw mentioned)either stay there for a night if I get to the border late or pass through to Poipet on the day.

Sat10th-Tue12th Siem Reap-Angkor Wat Temples, Quad bike tour or Shooting range. Floating Village looks brilliant also.

Wed14th-Fri16th Bus to Phnom Penh- Meuseum, Killing fields. Maybe either cycle or a tour.

Sat17th- Travel to Trat Thailand. Cross at Koh-Kong. Again I don’t have a clue if I can get a bus to Koh-Kong from Phnom Penh.

Sun18th-Ko-Chang

Tues20th-Travel to Bangkok

Fri 23rd_ fly out from Bangkok at 11.40am

The other Option would be to Leave for Aranyaprathet the first day from Bangkok by bus if that is Possible. Although I might be better off the way I had said as I will be over the Jet-lag and rested and ready to tackle the stress at the border when I Get there. Any Ideas Please Share.

Thank You
      Ferg

more
    • limkahwan's Profile Photo

Exploring Northeastern Thailand

Roi Et Jul 19, 2015 at 4:37 PM

On this part of Thailand, I have been to Nong Khai only. This time I'm travelling to Loei and Roi Et or any parts near here. I'm travelling as a backpacker everything should be budget. Is there a cheap, clean and quite place to stay that you can recommend? Other Tips are welcome.

more
    • Planning in October first week to Krabi

Krabi Jul 8, 2015 at 7:22 PM

Hi, I am planning to be in Krabi - Ao Nang Beach in the first week of Oct for 03 days. Would like to know if it a good time to visit given the rainy season? Is there rains all through the day or you have rains in patches. Any information will help plan my trip accordingly? Alternatively any other islnad one can suggest for the trip during the 1st week of oct?

more
    • mickey.p's Profile Photo

Which Night Market and Fanta in a BAG????

Bangkok Jul 24, 2015 at 10:18 PM

Final question of the holiday!

Which night Market is the best - we did the extremely touristy Khao San Road and today we are doing MBK, we would like something "markety" though - close to the Chiang Mai Night Market type thing - maybe not so touristy!

Also the 2 boys who are dragging me on a Hang Over sightseeing tour (self guided) want to know where they can get fanta in a bag? I have googled and cannot get clear answers - although lots of places suggest it is well known and done everywhere - 3 weeks in Thailand tells me a different story as we just haven't seen it at all.!

more

Tour Companies?

Phuket Jul 18, 2015 at 10:45 AM

I am in Phuket and I am looking to do an Islands tour but wanting recommendations on tour companies to use. Some reviews say that some companies are better timed with arriving at certain islands and others arrive when the islands are crowded etc. I believe the speed boat tours are better? Spoke to a local tour place today and she gave me James Bond by Speedboat that includes 6 islands in total for 1900Baht pp. The leaflet says www.amazingislandtour.com but when I visit this site it doesn't show the tour offered!
      we are 2 adults and 2 x 16 year olds.

Any feedback?

more
    • Krabi vs Phuket

Krabi Jul 6, 2015 at 3:13 AM

I am planning to visit Phuket, would want to know if Krabi would be worth visiting? More so i would want to know what is different in both places? Considering both are beach destinations.

more
    • spending per day on koh samui

Ko Samui Jul 1, 2015 at 9:14 PM

Hi

Me, wife and 4 year old kid are going to samui for 10 days and bangkok for 4 days on 23.08. How much money will i need per day for food (mid range restaurants
      ), snacks, beer, viziting islends and doing some other stuff, (excluding hotel and flights)? Please share you experience. Thanks

more

Elephant Santuary??? HELP!

Chiang Mai Jul 11, 2015 at 2:20 AM

Hi, I am in Chiang Mai from 13th-16th July and planned to do an Elephant sanctuary but the one that came highly recommended is full booked! It was supposed to be the Elephant Nature Park.

Can anyone recommend an alternative that is ethical?

It's for 2 adults and 2 teens.

Thanks in advance for any feedback.

more

Currently in Krabi, What do you suggest!

Krabi Jul 8, 2015 at 4:16 AM

Just arrived Krabi, here for 4 days before moving to Chiang Mai, looking for suggestions on what to do.
      2 adults and 2 teen boys!

more
    • All day driver

Bangkok Jul 4, 2015 at 10:39 AM

Can anybody recommend a driver for Bangkok. I am looking for driver to pick me up from my
      hotel in bangkok at 10am on August 7, drive me to jesada technik
      museum, then to the HTMS Maeklong at Chulachomklao Fort and then to
      the airport to arrive at around 5pm. Can you also suggest how much this should cost?

Thanks
      Bevan

more
    • where to buy contact lens solution in chiang khong? pls help. THANKS.

Chiang Khan Jul 10, 2015 at 5:48 PM

Where can i buy contact lens solution in chiang khong? pls advise. thanks for your time ans help.

more
    • City Bus Frequency

Bangkok Jul 4, 2015 at 6:23 PM

What is the frequency of city bus 59? I will be travelling from Don Muaeng Airport to Khao San Road.

more
    • Do Columbians need a transit visa to the UK?

Thailand Jul 24, 2015 at 2:58 PM

Hi there.. I m from Columbia, and currently travelling in Thailand. I m wondering whether I need a transit visa for the UK if i have to wait for my next flight to Columbia at the uk airport for 15 hours. I dont have to collect any luggage, and i m gonna be travelling from here, Thailand. Please answer. Thank you.

more
    • Bangkok and Phuket Visit

Bangkok Jul 20, 2015 at 12:20 AM

HI,

We are going to visit Thailand after just 3 days with family. This will be our first visit to Thailand.

We will stay in Bangkok, Pataya and Phuket - 2 days in Phuket and 4 days in Bangkok.

1. Pls. let us know what are the tourist attraction places in in Bangkok (Other than Temple)?

2. Would you pls. let us know the reasonable price market / shopping centers in Bangkok for shopping?

3. What are the tourist places to visit in Phuket (Other than Temple)?

4. Is there any tourist place to visit in Pataya other than beach?

Thanking you

more
    • canadiandoc's Profile Photo

Beach Advice for Thailand

Thailand Jul 8, 2015 at 12:52 AM

Travelling to Thailand in February as part of a group of six. Will be visiting Bangkok and likely Chang Mai before looking for a place to relax on a beach. We would like to avoid the busy party places like Phuket and Ko Samui. Am looking for something a little quieter but not 'dead'. Should be beautiful with very nice accommodations and good restaurants. Any suggestions?

more
    • First Time to Phuket 7 Days 6 Nights

Phuket Jul 7, 2015 at 1:13 AM

Dear VT Members,

I had done research on places I want to go while in Phuket but still find it difficult to arrange it. This is my first time ti Phuket. Would very much appreciate your great assistance on this.

My parents and I arrive Phuket on 17th July 5am. We will proceed to the hotel to check-in (I book the room from 16th July). Rest for half a day before we explore Phuket.

We will be in phuket from 17th July until 23rd July (7D6N), staying at Tony Resort for 4 nights and for the rest of the nights, have not decided where to stay. Any recommendation would be greatly appreciated. Shall we stay in Kata beach ?

These are the places we want to go/do:
      a) 1/2 day city tour
      b) 1 day phi phi island
      c) 1/2 day James Bond (is half day enough?)
      d) Weekend market
      e) Robinson Shopping Mall
      f) Jungceylon
      g) Fantasea show
      h) Siam Niramat / Simon Cabaret Show --> I couldn't decide which one should we watch
      i) Elephant Trekking --> is this worth to do ? Both my parents are at age 60.
      j) Any recommendation for shrine that we shall visit ?

Or if you have other places to recommend ?

Your advice is greatly appreciated.

more
    • Points of interest

Bangkok Jul 1, 2015 at 10:30 AM

I'm going to be in Bangkok for 1 evening and leave the following day at 8pm what are some points of interest?

more
    • Police scam and harassing

Bangkok Jul 13, 2015 at 10:44 AM

Hallo,
      We are a married couple and we have visited Thailand many times. We are quiet persons, we don't drink, don't smoke, we have never used drugs. We are going to travel to Thailand again on August 2015 but we have read about police scams, tourist harassing, urine tests done on the corner of the road, intimidations with no reason etc. Could anyone tell me if now the situation is better? Do you suggest to skip Bangkok and go directly to Koh Samui? Thank you for your answers.

more