Banff National Park Travel Answers

change location

Suggested route

by Macunda Online Now Apr 17, 2006 at 5:16 PM

My wife and I will be visiting Banff and Jasper the first week of October. We only have 3 full days and nights to be there. We know that for the most part it is not enough time. We hope that we might get some ideas. We will be doing most of our site seeing by car. We would like to see as much as we possibly can. Any ideas that can be given would be fantastic. This trip in reality will be about 5 weeks, but we are doing alot of other things meantime. Currently we are doing some volunteer work near South America, and we are looking forward to this trip. Thank you, before hand, for your help and ideas.

Quote & Answer
1 Answer
  • madamx's Profile Photo

RE: Suggested route

by madamx Online Now Apr 17, 2006 at 9:50 PM

The beginning of October can be a beautiful time to visit Banff. There may be a little snow, but not much to worry about at that time. Daytime temps will probably be 15 - 9C. However, not to rule out the chance of a freak snow storm, be flexible about your plans. It will take you approx 3 hours to drive from Banff to Jasper, so fit this into your plans.

There is so much to see in both parks, I highly recommend that you just do one, and leave the other park to another time. That way, you're not rushed and it will give you flexibility with the weather.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines