Banff Travel Answers

change location

costs

by scoobydouk Online Now Jan 17, 2010 at 1:23 AM

me and a group of friends are looking to go to Banf skiing and boarding next winter (2011).Can anyone tell me how expensive or not day to day stuff is? i.e. food and drink.thanks

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • Re: costs

by sdcatraveler Online Now Jan 17, 2010 at 11:02 AM

Your page does not indicate what country you're from, so its hard to answer your question. I am from the US and thought that it was a little bit pricey, since it is a small town. Definitely not pricey like New York, but if you want to go to a restaurant, I recall it being around15-$20 US for a nice sit-down restaurant. We ended up doing most of our own cooking. There is a Safeway supermarket in town and they have pre-packaged "lumberjack" sandwiches that were 3 in a box. We lived off of these and they were about5 for 3 sandwiches. There are hostels and a campsite up the hill from town and there is a bus that will get you from the hostel to the town area. Hope this helps! Its a beautiful area.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Re: costs

by cherrymcewen Online Now Jun 7, 2010 at 10:25 AM

There's a second hand store 229 bear st in the bsmnt (under the cinema) for super awesome and cheap stuff. The Last Temptation.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines