Banff Travel Answers

change location

Hiring ski and snowboard gear

by Spongeman1 Online Now Mar 21, 2007 at 3:27 PM

Hi one and all,
8 of us are skiing sunshine this easter and are looking for some good ski hire deals. 4 adults, 2 teenagers and 2 little one (7,8). Anyone got any ideas who I may contact? Also looking for a good deal for lift passes for sunshine-are they only available at the mountain (ski'd L/L and Nor before-don't want tri area lift pass). Any help much appreciated. hopefully see you on the slopes!
Many thanks
Phil woodley

Quote & Answer
1 Answer
  • Re: Hiring ski and snowboard gear

by Fidgits Online Now Mar 27, 2007 at 4:25 AM

I found the deals at Sunshine were pretty good for snowboards - they were Saracen as well, so much better quality than downtown.

AVOID the Abomonial snow.. something or other - has big 'sale' signs in the window and makes out its really cheap, when it worked out a couple of less only, and much worse equipment, oh, and even though we got the insurance, spent 20 minutes checking everything when we took it back.

For the ski lift passes, everywhere does them, they actually do special deals, so if your planning on skiing a lot, then get the weeks pass, the tri-area is worth it, as i dont think it costs anymore, and it may be worth going up to lake louise, as its a great set of slopes!

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines