change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Coastal Towns

Sri Lanka May 19, 2015 at 4:51 PM

Hi all,
      Just looking for some direction on coastal towns in Sri Lanka. Preferably the south with a decent nightlife, restaurants, bars etc. Doesnt need to be all night beach parties as much as nice bars.
      Thanks!

more
    • advice on quote below - does the quote seem a reasonable price. Thanks in advance, Julie Jack

Sri Lanka May 18, 2015 at 11:16 AM

14 Aug 2015

Negombo

CMB Apt to Negombo 30 mins

Amagi Lagoon 4*

Standard room on HB

Arrival transfer to Negombo. Check into your hotel and rest of the day at leisure.

15 Aug 2015

Kandy

Negombo to Kandy

3 ½ hours

Hotel Suisse 3*

Standard room on HB

Leave for Kandy, on arrival sightseeing Kandy town, lake and Temple of the Tooth… Check into your hotel and spend the rest of the day relaxing.

16 Aug 2015

Visit the Peradeniya botanical gardens and Pinnawela elephant orphanage

Day at leisure  

17 Aug 2015

Nuwara Eliya

Kandy to Nuwara Eliya 2 ½  hours

Glenfall Reach 3*

Standard room on HB

Leave for Nuwara Eliya, sightseeing Sri Lanka’s beautiful tea growing regions en route. Including a visit to a working tea factory and tea estate…check into your bungalow and rest of the day at leisure to relax and unwind in your beautiful surroundings.

18 Aug 2015

Day at leisure  

19 Aug 2015

Tissamaharama (Yala)

Nuwara Eliya to Tissamaharama

5 ½ hours

Chandrika Hotel 3+*

Deluxe room on HB

Leave for Tissamaharama, on arrival check into your hotel. Afternoon safari into Yala wild life sanctuary where you can see Sri Lankan wild life at its best.

20 Aug 2015

Waskaduwa (Kalutara)

Tissamaharama to Waskaduwa

5 hours

Kamili Beach 3*

Standard room on HB

Leave for Waskaduwa, en route visiting and sightseeing of the Galle fort and town, afterwards continue on to Waskaduwa, check into your hotel and the rest of the day at leisure on the beaches of Waskaduwa.

21 Aug 2015

day at leisure on the beaches of Waskaduwa.

22 Aug 2015

CMB Intl Apt

Waskaduwa to CMB Intl Apt 1 ½  hour

Departure to the CMB Intl Apt in order to connect to your flight out. Tour ends.

Quotation

Rates valid for travel: 14 – 22 August 2015

Currency quoted in US$

Based on a minimum of 2 Adults traveling

PRICE PER PERSON IN SHARING DOUBLE: US$ 785 x 2 pax

Price includes:

1.      Accommodation in the hotels specified. (in 01 x DBL room)

2.      Meal plan as specified above (half board basis – including dinner and breakfast)

3.      Transportation in an ac private vehicle on tour from arrival to departure as per specified in the above mentioned itinerary.

4.      English speaking Sri Lanka Tourist Board qualified chauffeur guide services on tour from arrival to departure as per specified in the above mentioned itinerary.

5.      Departure transfer from Waskaduwa to Apt on 22 Aug 2015

6.      Chauffeur daily subsistence.

7.      All current and applicable taxes

more
    • Can anyone suggest some travel booking sites?

Sri Lanka May 4, 2015 at 6:13 AM

Hi!

Does anyone have a good experience with booking tours at some sites like that? http://travel2ceylon.eu/

or at some domestic agencies placed in Sri Lanka? I found also one with good feedback here at forums: http://www.srilanka-holiday-tours.com/

pls share some links or companies names. Thank you very much!

more
    • scotty02's Profile Photo

Tangerine Beach Hotel

Kalutara May 11, 2015 at 11:51 AM

Hey guys, am off to Tangerine Beach Hotel June 20th until July 5th, looking forward to it, but there are a couple of things, will I have to watch out for snakes and is the beach clean, keep hearing mixed things on these. still cant wait to get away though, oh and is there any adventure quad biking over there to?
      thanks in advance for any advice and comments
      Mark

more
    • weather in November

Jaffna Apr 27, 2015 at 8:02 AM

hello

we are visiting in early November 2015 and wonder how the weather will be?

will it be rainy all the time?

thank you

more
    • Tovia's Profile Photo

Direct bus from Kandy to Trinkomalee - which bus station?

Sri Lanka Apr 29, 2015 at 9:13 AM

Hello, i'm planning a trip to Sri-Lanka and got some problems trying to find the bus stop and the schedule for direct buses from Kandy to Trinkomalee. There's a lot of information on different sites that the direct bus between these points exists but no one named the bus station and the number of the bus. If anyone knows the exact information, please, answer.

more
    • What is the cost of living like? Eg food, accommodation

Sri Lanka May 21, 2015 at 1:02 AM

Hi guys was wondering how much the cost of food, accommodation - mid range, drinks cost, bus fare, train fair cost??

Also please, I read somewhere about tipping? Can someone explain the etiquette surrounding tipping.

Kindest regards
      Rach

more
    • Does this sound like a good itinerary to you? (19 days)

Sri Lanka May 4, 2015 at 3:17 PM

Hi guys!

We are traveling to Sri Lanka mid July 'till the beginning of August for 18 days. We just made our plan, but it still needs a some fine tuning. All help, advice, remarks, whatever is welcome!

Day 1: arrival Colombo airport + Bus to Anuradhapura.
      Day 2: Biking around in Anuradhapura. In the evening: private driver to Jaffna
      Day 3: motorbike ride around the Jaffna Peninsula. Overnight in Jaffna
      Day 4: private driver to Trincomalee + sightseeing in Trincomalee
      Day 5: Snorkling on Pigeon Island, overnight in Trincomalee
      Day 6: drive to Ritigala Ruins (Is there a bus from Trincomalee to Ritigala?) + hiking. Overnight in the area (suggestions welcome!)
      Day 7: Sigiriya and surroundings, overnight near Knuckles forest reserve.
      Day 8 + 9: hiking and camping in Knuckles forest reserve(guide suggestions are welcome!). At the end, drive to Kandy.
      Day 10: wandering in Kandy. Overnight near Horton Plains national park.
      Day 11: morning hike to World's End. From here to the nearest train station and take the train to Ella.
      Day 12 + 13: Hiking in and around Ella. At the end drive to Pottuvil for overnight (or somewhere near, suggestions are welcome!)
      Day 14: Pottuvil mangrove tour. Overnight near Yala.
      Day 15: Yala safari morning tour (all non touristic and eco friendly safari suggestions are welcome!). drive to Rekawa beach.
      Day 16: Rekawa beach and surroundings + drive to Galle, overnight in Galle.
      Day 17: Visiting Galle
      Day 18: Visiting Galle + drive to Colombo
      Day 19: wandering around in Colombo + late night departure back to Belgium :) :) :)

We'd love to hear your thoughts, your remarks, suggestions ... we're still looking for transport ideas and accommodation, so any advice about that is also very welcome.

Thanks guys! :) :) :)

more
    • Surfing yoga trip itinery two 30yr olds

Sri Lanka May 12, 2015 at 6:32 PM

Hi guys me and my partner are travelling to Sri Lanka for the first time at the end of June 2015 for 2.5wks.
      Would like to go to Arugam Bay Hikkadawa. Could you please suggest some accommodation and ways to travel around on a limited budget! :)
      We've left organising this really late and am hoping for a little advice!
      Very appreciate
      Rach

more
    • HendrikL's Profile Photo

Sharing a private driver? Sri Lanka round trip 13/7 'till 31/7

Sri Lanka May 10, 2015 at 6:22 AM

Hi!

We - 2 Belgian students, both 21 years old - are planning to hire a private driver in Sri Lanka from, we want to see and do a lot and we're afraid it will be too much time lost to figure out the best route with public transport. We're planning to go off the beaten tracks (we're going motorbiking in the north for example), without skipping the must see highlights. We'll have 2 available seats in the car. These are the transfers from our itinerary (a raw draft at least):

- 13th of July: transfer from Colombo airport to Anuradhapura (2 nights)

- 15th of July: Transfer Anuradhapura to Jaffna (2 nights). Stopping on the way: Mihintalee, and maybe something else.

- 17th of July: transfer Jaffna to area of Trincomalee/Uppuvelli (2 nights)

- 19th of July: transfer Trincomalee/Uppuvelli to Kandy (2 nights). Stopping on the way at: Ritigala Ruins & Sigiriya.

- 21st of July: transfer Kandy to Adams Peak (1 night)

- 22nd of July: transfer Adams Peak to area of Horton Plains (1 night)

- 23rd of July: We'll be taking the train to Ella after hiking around in Horton Plains. Stay in Ella for 2 days/ 3 nights.

- 26th of July: transfer Ella - Arugam Bay (1 night)

- 27th: transfer Arugam Bay - Yala/Yala East (not sure yet...) for 1 safari - Tangalle (2 nights)

- 29th: transfer Tangalle to Galle (1 night)

- 30th: transfer to Colombo (1 night)

- 31st: Airport transfer in the evening (our flight leaves around 8 pm)

I already contacted some private drivers (not everyone answered already) and it seems that the transfers will be around 800 - 900 USD (+/- 2400 km), the accomodation of the driver is not included. So if we could find 2 other people: it would be 200 - 250 USD/person, depending on the chosen accomodations (if they offer free driver accomodation or not; if not included: they charge around 1500 rupees/night, which means 10 euro, which we still have to divide by 4 people, so that's really cheap!). I'm still awaiting the response and rate of other private drivers and tour operators.

We're looking for 2 other people who'd like to join us on the transfers and share the private driver. We're aware that most people will not follow the same route, and maybe just want to share a part of the route: you guys are also very welcome! We're always open to change the itinerary a little bit; in order to make it a perfect fit.

Little bit about us: we're super fun and easygoing! Haha.

Just leave me a message, or a reply, and I'll come back to you asap.

Thanks guys!

more
    • Best attractions to see in Sri Lanka ?

Sri Lanka May 12, 2015 at 8:44 PM

Hi guys
      Me and my partner a travelling for two weeks approx 26th June until 10th July 2015. What tourist attractions would you recommend. One main destination we definitely want to visit is Arugam Bay for surfing and also the national park. Itinery request? :) :)

more
    • recomended drivers

Sri Lanka May 10, 2015 at 10:17 AM

Could anyone recommend names of companies/drivers so I can get prices/quotes for our 10 day trip in sri lanka. Below is our initial schedule - does this look do-able - or are we cramming too much in? Thanks in advance from all you experienced travellers.

14th aug Negomba
      16th aug Kandy & pinawela
      17th aug Nuwara Ellya
      18th aug Yala
      19th aug Galle
      20th aug Indurawa
      21st aug Negomba
      22nd aug travel home

more
    • Exporting personal items from China to Sri Lanka

Sri Lanka May 8, 2015 at 7:39 AM

I am a UK citizen and would like to send by surface mail used personal items such as e-bike (battery- operated motor cycle), clothes and kitchenware to Sri Lanka to an address of my friend in Sri Lanka.

My question is, will I have to pay any customs duty on any of these items?

If yes, how much?

Thank you in advance for your replies!!

more