Ban Thakhek

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Festival opinions, visa complexities

Laos Oct 4, 2015 at 8:24 AM

Hi - This will also be posted in the Thailand forum. Certain have been following my decision making process - rahter complex. I want to visit the region for several months, and decided to arrive either in Bangkok (big hub, better cheaper air tickets) or Laos (no visa or return/ongoing ticket issue). I plan to travel soon, mid October. Just trying to make a decision! Both countries present special festivals - my focal point, my passion - in October and November. However, in terns of air tickets, Bangkok is the obvious choice, even if I go on to Laos right away. On October 27 there is the Ok/Awk Phansa festival, celebrated in both countries. However it looks much better - according to my internet research - in Laos. This is annoying, because there is the Loi Krathong celebration November 25 in Thailand - very special. So I would have to go to Laos then back to Thailand. Also, arriving in Thailand I would only have 30 days, so I could not witness Ok Phansa in Thailand then just stay on for Loi Krathong. Does anyone have an opinion about these various festivals? Also, if I arrive in Thailand, and leave after a week (maximum) then I would have to either get a visa in Laos t o return or be subject oto the 15 day land entry visa? However that would be a re-entry and I might not be qualified for a visa exemption on re-entry? (American) Even if I have say three weeks left on the first entry? All rather complicated, Help! thanks! :)

• land cross board

Laos Oct 2, 2015 at 11:37 PM

I am Indian ,want travel from India to Myanmar,Laos,Vietnam,Cambodia , Bangkok by surface so Please advise about entry board Transport all country .

• transportation to Kong lor cave

Vientiane Sep 29, 2015 at 1:00 AM

How much is a car with a driver from Vientiane?

• Entry visa requirements

Laos Sep 28, 2015 at 1:34 PM

Hi - Some of you I have spoken to on the Thailand forum might see this, and answer. I am far from any embassy or consulate and don't want to send in my passport. I want to travel in the region and I chose Bangkok as probably the cheapest air ticket from Europe. However I would like to remain free and keep things simple - I would come on a one way ticket, and I have just researched the visa requirements. I see nothing said about a return ticket being required, or proof of ongoing travel. Is this correct? Which is the best airport to fly into, price wise? thanks for the replies!

Near Ban Thakhek