change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Free Guide in Royal Palace

Bangkok 17 hours ago

Hello,

I have read that there were some free royal palace guides. But recently saw a youtube video, saying that free guides weren't available no more. Does anybody know about it?
      What other options do I have? I have heard that outside the palace there are numerous scams. How can I tell if one guide is a "good" one?

Tks,

more
    • e_mycroft's Profile Photo

Cha-Am Hotels

Cha-am Yesterday

Anyone stayed in Cha-Am recently? There's so many hotels I don't know where to start! We need somewhere near to the beach and near to a choice of restaurants, but quiet overnight, about £35-£40 for a double.

I've been looking at the Golden Guesthouse, which is incredibly cheap (700Bt) but gets very good reviews, all bar one that says it's next to or above some very noisy late night bars; anyone stayed there?

more
    • Best Dinner Cruise on Chao Phraya River

Bangkok Dec 17, 2014 at 11:20 PM

I am visiting Bangkok on 4th January and want to do a Dinner Cruise on Chao Phraya River. I want to know Which is the best Dinner Cruise in Bangkok.

more
    • Renting an apartment in Bangkok.

Bangkok Dec 13, 2014 at 2:11 PM

I have a question from local residents of Bangkok.
      I want to rent an apartment for the whole month of July 2015 and i wonder how i can do this in the cheapest way!
      I frequently travel to bangkok because of my job so if there are any local real estates which i can use then i will really appreicate it if you give me their address. I want to rent a fully furnished Condo or 1bedroom apartment for 1 person.
      Is 10,000THB enough for renting a good apartment for 1 month?

more
    • travel from Ranong to Prachuap Khiri Khan?

Prachuap Khiri Khan Nov 29, 2014 at 8:12 PM

How easy is it to get from Ranong to Prachuap Khiri Khan? Have to make the trip up to Bangkok and thought I'd try to stop by for a day or two.

more
    • Transportation

Sangkhla Buri Dec 9, 2014 at 6:01 AM

How to go to Sangkhlaburi from Kancanaburi?

more
    • wat pho to wat arun

Bangkok Dec 3, 2014 at 11:43 PM

hi, how can i go to wat arun from wat pho? can i use chao phraya express boats? if yes, how?

more
    • matjung's Profile Photo

What is the Advance 60 Day Ticket?

Bangkok Nov 30, 2014 at 3:25 AM

Hi all,
      as I was looking for a train from Bangkok to Ayutthaya, I went to www.railway.co.th.
      On the left hand side, was somthing with Advance 60 Day Ticket.
      Is it now possible to buy train tickets in advanced and online?
      How or where can I buy them?

I managed to find timetable and fares, but no button for buying a ticket.
      railway.co.th/checktime/chec...

more
    • plan trip

Bangkok Dec 4, 2014 at 12:16 AM

hi me and my friends are planning to go to Bangkok the coming week. can anyone help us improvise the trip. we do not know the location for each places that we planned we scared we will waste a lot of time and money on taxi and traffic. here's our planning
      - 1st day, our flight arrive about 3.40pm, so we will walk around the street outside platinum mall or gaysorn.
      - 2nd day we will go to platinum mall for half day then central world until night.
      -3rd day, we will go to china town, wat traimit, wat pho then wat arun. how to get around these places using chao phraya river express? is it recommended to use the river express? after that we will go to terminal 21, then night market. (any recommended night market?)
      -4th day & 5th day we will go to huahin with a tour guide. ( hua hin floating market, hua hin wineyard, plearnwan, swiss sheep farm, venezia, santorini park, & hua hin beach) 5th night back from hua hin directly go to asiatique calypso show.
      - 6th day we will go to chatuchak then baiyoke sky buffet for lunch then chocolate ville for dinner. ( problem :we scare we buy too much at chatuchak then going to baiyoke will be troublesome. the time between bioyoke park and chocolate ville, we don't know what to do)
      -7th day, esplanande 3d museum, siam paragon, pratunam market

is there any time we can slit in for wang lang market, and big c?

more
    • ANYONE TRAVELLING TO BKK BETWEEN 20TH TO 29TH?

Bangkok Dec 3, 2014 at 8:06 AM

I'm planning to travel there alone. It'll be nice to have a mate. My Thai friend's dad owns a hotel in skumvit, so I'll be staying in skumvit. I do party, but it's fine with me doing something else. Please give me a heads up if you'll be in BKK during this period. I'm a Singaporean!

more
    • lanef's Profile Photo

Taxi cost?

Bangkok Nov 29, 2014 at 2:45 AM

How much would a taxi cost from Bangkok international airport to the Baiyoke Sky hotel? Thanks

more
    • JohanW's Profile Photo

Roof top bar whitout dress code?

Bangkok Dec 23, 2014 at 3:36 PM

Are there any sky bar without that "smart casual" dress code? Me and my company is wearing clean and normal t-shirts, shorts that doesn't cover the knews and sneekers.

We just want to have a drink and a look at the view on in daytime december 24:th.

If possible, close to Golden palace area or Silom Road.

more
    • matjung's Profile Photo

How safe is Bangkok for sole travellers?

Bangkok Nov 28, 2014 at 12:41 PM

Hi All,
      up to now, I was visiting Asia about once per year.
      And it has never been an issue.
      For next year I consider exploring Bangkok. My first trip to Thailand.
      I googeld for Bangkok and browsed the result set.
      And it seems that there are plenty articles around that link Bangkok with sex, drugs and prostitution.
      For normal tourists, how dominant is the sex industry in this city really?
      Am I in danger of meeting prostitutes in all streets, corners and pubs in the city center?
      Do they bother foreign tourists all 10 minutes.
      Or is that a big exaggeration.

more
    • Choice of lodging and transportation

by ariemich Online Now Nov 26, 2007 at 4:58 AM

I am planning a visit with my wife to Khao Yai park for 3-7 days in Feb. 2008. Though I am 62 and my wife 60, we are great nature lovers and also like hiking and trekking of moderate difficulty. We have doubts about the optimal choice of lodging (inside the park or outside). On the one hand, we would like to waste the minimum of time on the way from the lodging to the hiking trails and back; this tips the scale in favor of interior lodging. On the other hand, this might entail great expenses of renting a van for the whole stay (does this also imply hiring a driver?). Neither would we like to rely on hitching. Can anybody with experience in the park give a good advice?

• How can i find a tent rental at Khao Yai?

by tang845 Online Now Dec 5, 2006 at 4:04 AM

How can i find a tent rental at Khao Yai? Any contact you have? pls kindly help to provide. Thnks.

1 Answer Dec 5, 2006 at 9:01 PM
    • Kirimaya Resort

by bambi_hk Online Now Mar 14, 2006 at 12:16 AM

Anyone stayed at the Kirimaya Golf & Spa Resort? Is it a nice place to stay even if for people who don't play golf...? I am particularly interested in their swimming pool - wonder if it's nice as it looks on the hotel website?

Would appreciate any comment, Thank you!