Ban Khao Lak Travel Answers

change location
soundchaseruk's Profile Photo

Cheap and cheeful Accommodation in Khao lak?

by soundchaseruk Online Now Jan 6, 2011 at 12:50 AM

I am allowing myself most of a week in the south of Thailand and want to do some snorkelling, relaxing and swimming on a nice beach. Khao lak seems nice (from Youtube videos) and as it is close to the Khao Sok National park it seems to tick the right boxes. however, from my ROUGH GUIDE it seems there isn't much cheap accommodation.

I am basically back packing and have no need for a 5 star place, just a hot shower, good bed and a nice position and secure. Is there anything in the area for about £10 a night? Happily go upto £15 with a pool !!!

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • xymmot's Profile Photo

Re: Cheap and cheeful Accommodation in Khao lak?

by xymmot Online Now Jan 6, 2011 at 2:45 AM

Just go out there and there are some guest houses around the city strip that are cheap (main road), but most activities are around the resorts. i just do not know how much they rebuild after the Tsunami. I was around there last winter and the waters were clear and very clean and normal tourst activities
    The worst that can happen is you might sleep under a coconut tree.
    cheers Tommy x

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • mim95's Profile Photo

Re: Cheap and cheeful Accommodation in Khao lak?

by mim95 Online Now Jan 6, 2011 at 9:29 AM

Have a look at Tony Lodge on the main road in Bang Niang beach area. Guests can use the pool right next door at the hotel that belongs to the same owner. There are likely cheaper places but this one isn't bad. You might want to just book a night and then walk around to find another place.

There are many shops, night market and restaurants in that area.

• Re: Cheap and cheeful Accommodation in Khao lak?

by tim000 Online Now May 3, 2012 at 3:43 AM

we stayed at happy lagoon a couple of years ago and liked it . handy for the centre and the beach.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines