Ban Khao Lak Travel Answers

change location

Similana Resort v Baan Krating Khao Lak

by heb999 Online Now Oct 3, 2004 at 3:08 AM

Has anyone stayed at or visited either the Similana Resort or Baan Krating Resort as I cannot make up my mind which one to book. The Similana seems to have the best beach but is further from Phuket airport and is more expensive. Baan Krating must be very new, the rooms look better but I cannot see from pictures if it is isolated or close to lots of other hotels. Any information/advice would be most welcome. Thanks

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • Pichayada's Profile Photo

Re: Similana Resort v Baan Krating Khao Lak

by Pichayada Online Now Oct 5, 2004 at 7:45 AM

I've never been to those resorts you mentioned, but I been to Khaolak Sunset resort, it was good. It's my friend's resort.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • shane_02's Profile Photo

Re: Re: Similana Resort v Baan Krating Khao Lak

by shane_02 Online Now Oct 9, 2004 at 1:51 PM

My personal advice is that Patong is over-flooded by tourists and nightlife. But if you prefer more quiter beaches, Kata and Karon are more practical. There are many beaches in Phuket, let me rank some of them in terms of popularity and crowd. 1) Patong beach 2) Kata Noi and Kata Yai beach 3). Karon beach 4). Kamala Beach 5). Nai Harn beach 6). Panwa Cape 7). Friendship beach 8). Rawai beach Some very good, cheap and clean hotels you can look out: Patong: 1) Mermaid Hotel 2) Sunset Mansion 3) Sunset Apartment 4) Patong Premier Hotel (new and beautiful interior) Kamala(along the hill): 1) The Orchid Hotel 2) Nern Tong Resort 3) Sunset Point (exotic scenery due to its position) 4). Patong Lodge Resort Karon: 1) Baan Karon Hill Resort (i always stay here) 2) On The Hill Resort (i also always stay here) 3). Karon Bay View 4) Central Karon Village (middle end class) 5) Arcadia Hotel Friendship: 1) Atlas dive Resort 2) Vihigit Resort 3) Diamond Hill Resort (Fantastic and affordable) Nai Harn: 1) Ban Krating Jungle Beach (Perfect enivronment) (My number 1 choice but middle end class) 2) Le Meriden (High end class) 3) Hai Harn Resort ( has one of the best massage available in Phuket) I've stayed at the Ban Krating Jungle Beach Resort in Phuket. Its fantastic and in my opinion, the best hotel i've stayed in Phuket, should say better than some 5-star hotels because of the way they setup their environment. You can view some picture of the Baan Krating Jungle Beach Resort. Bann Krating owns four hotels in Thailand, and personally i knew the General Operation Manager who is presently residing at the Ban Krating Resort in Hua Hin. My advice, go for Ban Krating and you will never regret because of the high standards they set. Feel free to message me privately if any of you need advice.

• mrak's Profile Photo

Re: Similana Resort v Baan Krating Khao Lak

by mrak Online Now Nov 27, 2004 at 4:49 AM

Similana has beautiful beach, but water was not clear, and we had other issues with the managment. look at my homepage for more detail.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines