Ban Khao Lak Travel Answers

change location

DIVE TRIPS/ POSEIDON BUNGALOW/HOTEL TIPS?

by beachfish Online Now Aug 12, 2003 at 3:46 PM

Hi, passionate diver/ snorkeler, have been exploring Kao Lak on the web and feel torn between scubacat diving, seadragon diving and poseidon snorkeling trip - any tips, experience? anybody been to poseidon bungalows? or can recommend any other hotels, ie lah own? how far is similana? mosquitoes a problem in kao lak or similana? Thanks.

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • phil_uk_net's Profile Photo

Re: DIVE TRIPS/ POSEIDON BUNGALOW/HOTEL TIPS?

by phil_uk_net Online Now Aug 12, 2003 at 4:33 PM

Hi - I've been on 2 liveaboard trips with Seadragon to the Similans and can recommend them wholeheartedly. They are a super bunch of people, use good boats and equipment, and have a professional attitude. I haven't been to Poseidon bungalows. There is a small tourist desk virtually opposite Seadragon - near the Nang Thong supermarket. The guy there is very helpful with finding accommodation. I can't remember how far Similana is from Khao Lak but I think it's around 10km to15km. It's north of Khao Lak going towards Takua Pa. When I was there last it wasn't that easy finding buses and Sawng Thaews to get you up and down that road. Nobbe stayed there I believe so he might be able to help you. Where in SE Asia aren't mosquitoes a problem?!!

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Re: Re: DIVE TRIPS/ POSEIDON BUNGALOW/HOTEL TIPS?

by lindacole Online Now Feb 15, 2004 at 1:40 PM

similana is about 12 km from khao lak. its a lovely place to stay, accommodation is divine, beach is wonderful and deserted. there is a little shack restaurant just down the beach which serves excellent food. it is the only alternative to the Similana restaurant - or it was when i was there about 2 years ago. it is very isolated at Similana...perfect if thats what you like.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines