Ban Khao Lak Travel Answers

change location

Ban Khao Lak Thailand

by poaman Online Now Aug 6, 2003 at 3:29 AM

Hi i will be visiting Ban Khao Lak later this year with my family,i want to ask anyone is it worth to spend a couple of weeks there, i have heard it is a very quite and peacful place,nice beaches and a perfect place to chill out. thanks.

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • phil_uk_net's Profile Photo

Re: Ban Khao Lak Thailand

by phil_uk_net Online Now Aug 12, 2003 at 12:07 PM

Well, I think it is and as you are travelling with your family I suspect you will too. But it is not for everyone. For those who enjoy the Khao San Rd, Koh Phangan full-moon parties, etc, they'd probably be bored to death. It's horses for courses. Khao Lak is being developed at a ferocious rate so it isn't quite the quiet and peaceful place it was 2 years ago. I was there earlier this year and couldn't believe the amount of development that had gone on since my first visit a year earlier. But it's still a place I'd happily go back to for the time being.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Re: Ban Khao Lak Thailand

by lindacole Online Now Feb 15, 2004 at 1:44 PM

i was in Khao Lak two years ago. i stayed at The Similana Resort, about 12km north of the main village. There was absolutely nothing surrounding The Similana but thats exactly what i was looking for. If you stay in Khao Lak itself there is plenty, I believe this part of the coast has now been identified for development so get there before it becomes another Phuket. The beaches are glorious and stretch for miles and are uncrowded.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines