Travel Answers
Ban Dondet

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Poling's Profile Photo

How to get to Wat Phu (Champasak) and Si Phan Don from Pakse?

Laos Jan 25, 2016 at 4:58 PM

I have checked tour arranging to go there for 2 days but it is very expensive (USD300+/pax) that is quite an incredible price, from my point of view, in the standard of Laos.
      I will arrive Paske from Vientiane by sleeping bus, is that possible to get to Champasak right away?
      My plan is to stay at Champasak so that I have time to visit Wat Phu.
      The next day I want to travel to Si Phan Don, then stay at Don Khone. How to get to Don Khone from Champasak?
      From Don Khone how to go back to Pakse?

more
    • PietroTravArch's Profile Photo

9 days - From Siam Reap to Vientiane

Laos Jan 18, 2016 at 3:43 AM

Hi everyone,
      I have to plan the last part of my trip that goes trought vietnam, cambodia and at the end laos. Basically i have 9 days in this february (from the 15 to the 25 morning, I have a plane departing from there) to reach Vieantiane from Siam Reap, I know that the time is short but I have no other options.
      i'm planning something like this:
      -15: travel from Siam Reap to 4000islands (Don Khon? or is better Don Dhet) with bus
      -16: Visit of the Li Phi waterfalls in the morning (I need to hire a morotbike?) and look for a swangthaew to reach Pakse in the afternoon
      -17-18 visit pakse the Wat Phu, two days beacuse i don't know if i can really find a swangtaew in the afternoon.
      -19 bus from Pakse to Vientiane
      -20-24 Visit Vientiane and around.
      I can book a flight to Pakse but it's quite expansive and i save one day only. (or nothing because plane leave at 5)

The other option is to take a plane 156 euro, not cheap but the only way, from Siam Reap to Luang Prabang and visit Luang Prabang and Vientiane, something like
      -16-17-18-19 Luang Prabang and around (suggestions?, Vang Vieng is a worth visit?)
      -19 night/20 day Travel
      - 21-22 23 24Vientiane and around (also here suggestion?)

In the first option i see more places but i actually don't know if is worth it i spend an incredible amount of time, what do you suggest me? basically i have to choose if is better visit Pakse of Luang Prabang.

more
    • Don Det Guesthouse

by janetlee Online Now Nov 24, 2010 at 2:08 AM

I saw the reviews of Little Eden Guesthouse on Don Det and would like to book it. Does any VT member have their fax number or email address? I don't want to book through the travel agent. Thanks for any help in advance.