change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• travelightly's Profile Photo

Month long residence

Chiang Mai Dec 15, 2014 at 11:55 AM

I'm looking to stay in Chiang Mai for a month in January and would like a large room with the ability to at least have a rice cooker and refrigerator. Nothing fancy. Prefer $250-$400 for the month. Any suggestions? Also, if there's any chance somebody knows, is it possible to have small packages of nutritional supplements sent to Chiang Mai? Will they be approved by Customs in Thailand. Are duty charges exorbitant? Thanks for any help.

more
    • Melanie_Putra's Profile Photo

Mahanaga Restaurant at Mae Ping

Chiang Mai Dec 8, 2014 at 9:46 PM

I read that this restaurant had closed down. Is it true? Would like to go for a drink at least...

more

Good time to ride Segway in the city?

Chiang Mai Dec 10, 2014 at 5:55 PM

We (2 pax) plan to take the Segway Tour on Sunday (10th Jan) but are not sure which time is better?
      1. 13:00-16:00 (3 hours)
      2. 16:00-18:00 (2 hours)
      Issues under consideration are traffic and especially, temperature..

It'll be good to do the 3 hours after lunch then hang around until the night market starts around 17:30 but I'm worried it will be quite warm at that time. Thus, is it better if we take the 16:00 2 hours slot? Would it be cooler? I checked axact date for Jan 2014 and it topped at 33'C!! I don't like heat much :))

Tq, Mel

more

Mobile Coverage for Car Navigation in Chiang Rai

Chiang Rai Dec 6, 2014 at 3:31 AM

I'll be renting car from Avis and driving from Chiang Mai to Chiang Rai in January. Will require GPS or Google Maps to visit these places:

Le Meridien Chiang Rai
      Wat Rong Khun
      Wat Phra Keow
      Baan Si Dam (พิพิธภัณฑ์บ้านดำ)
      Chivit Thammada Cafe
      Chiang Rai Clock Tower
      Haad Chiang Rai (หาดเชียงราย)

Avis rents out Garmin but I know that Garmin is quite lacking when it comes to destinations.
      I can buy the Thai SIM card with Data Plan in order to use Google Maps (I already found and saved all the above locations in "My Maps" inside the Google Maps of my iPhone. The thing is, which service provider is the best for Coverage up in Chiang Rai? I don't want to go up there to only find out there is no coverage. Thus, can't use the navigation. We would be hopelessly lost!!

more
    • FlyingChef's Profile Photo

Chiang Rai or Chiang Mai?

Chiang Rai Nov 23, 2014 at 7:23 PM

We are starting our South East Asia vacation in northern Thailand. I had planned on spending 3 days in Chiang Rai as I had already been to Chiang Mai. But we have limited mobility so will not be trekking; is there enough to see and do in Chiang Mai, or should we go back to Chiang Mai, which I liked?

more

Driving fr Chiang Mai to Chiang Rai& Back

Chiang Mai Nov 25, 2014 at 3:57 PM

We plan to rent a car and drive from Chiang Mai to Chiang Rai, stay 2 nights at Le Meridien CR, then drive back to Chiang Mai.
      1. Would anyone be able to recommend anything to see along the way, please?
      2. Or anywhere to go while in Chiang Rai? I plan to have long lunch at Chiang Rai Beach at least, visit the night market and some restaurants.. Not planning to drive to the Golden Triangle since I've been and it wasn't that interesting for me.
      3. Or anywhere to go by car in or nearer to Chiang Mai the day we get back? Returning the car the next day..

Thanks,
      Mel

more
    • watashi's Profile Photo

Is the last week of Feb-March the busy season?

Chiang Mai Nov 21, 2014 at 11:45 PM

Heading to Chiang Mai February 26, 2015. Do I need to pre-book a hotel? I was sort of thinking of checking them out in person but if that is a busy tourist time,I will pre-book! Or maybe it is safe to book a few nights in advance and then look around further? Any ideas?

more