Bamburgh

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Good Indian near St Martin's In The Field .... Leicester square

London 48 minutes ago

We're looking for a good Indian meal in Leicester Square area. Most seem really fancy "faux" types .... you know Vension Rogon Josht, Tandoori Quail etc .... anything more traditional nearby. A good prawn patia would be a nice find. I've heard of the Akash ... any good ?

Tom

more
    • Night out in Stockport

Stockport Aug 14, 2015 at 12:38 PM

I am visiting Stockport plaza Saturday night after that still want to go out any ideas I am 50!and I like soul and Motown music any ideas

more
    • nightlife

Hartlepool Aug 12, 2015 at 3:46 AM

Is it safe to go in pubs I am a young 50 any Good nightclubs in area also Middlesbrough and stockton

more
    • Transit Visa

Heathrow Aug 18, 2015 at 2:14 AM

I am an Indian citizen travelling to USA from Mumbai. I am flying first time on U.S. student visa via London through British Airways. I am landing on terminal 5 heathrow and will require to move to terminal 3 for my next flight of British Airways to Chicago. My layover in London is 18 hours. I want to know if any transit visa is required. It is be noted that I have throughout ticket to Chicago through British Airways.

more
    • How long to clear terminal 5 customs?

Heathrow Aug 24, 2015 at 9:20 AM

Hi, I'm travelling from Bangkok, Thailand, tomorrow and land at 18:30 terminal 5. Any idea how long it will take to get to the train station with customs etc..? Many thanks

more
    • mahalheart's Profile Photo

transfer from airport to buckingham palace

London Aug 19, 2015 at 11:42 PM

from heathrow airport to buckingham palace, how much would a taxi fare cost ? around noon time on a weekday

more
    • Is a 2 Hour connection time (arrival and departure both from T5) sufficient ?

Heathrow Aug 17, 2015 at 9:52 AM

I will have a 2 hour 10 minute connection time between my flights (both of them arriving/departing T5). I will be traveling with an infant, will be on Business Class tickets (not sure if LHR Fast Track is any help?). Is this doable?

BA-143 DEL to LHR and BA-193 LHR to DFW. (It seems these flights will undergo a schedule change from their current timing which allows a fair connection time to a new time which makes this connection tricky for me)

more
    • Dog friendly

Minehead Aug 5, 2015 at 1:18 PM

Which attractions here are dog friendly?

more
    • gatwick-harlow

London Aug 21, 2015 at 3:30 PM

hello!
      i have two questions please:
      1- how to get from gatwick airport to harlow?
      2- how to travel from harlow to bow road?
      please include the fares ( preferably lowest possible) and if oyster cards or passes are applicable

thanks!!

more
    • Tube strike

London Aug 17, 2015 at 12:32 AM

I need to get from Victoria to Euston next Friday during the tube strike. Should I try to get a bus, taxi, or just walk with my wheelie case?

more
    • bus to cockington

Cockington Aug 3, 2015 at 12:41 AM

Hi can we take dogs on the 62 bus and can we use our torbay day riders issued by stagecoach

more

buckingham palace tour

London Jul 31, 2015 at 6:30 PM

I arrive at 11;30 am at heathrow terminal 2,   I plan on making a reservation for a 2 hour buckingham palace tour   in september  at 1515    3;15 PM    do I have enought time to take the train  to make the 315 pm tour  I want to be there no at least half an hour before the tour starts

more
    • visiting /sightseeing

Lake District National Park Aug 27, 2015 at 5:02 PM

- What are the most scenic and accessible- by car - thing/places to visit in the Lake D NP?

Any reasonable place to stay?
      Great hikes - 3-4 hours?
      Thanks,
      Michael

more
    • Heathrow connection

Heathrow Aug 26, 2015 at 9:21 AM

I am a U.S. Citizen. I have a connecting flight from Budapest to Heathrow back to the U.S. Do I have to clear anything or go back thru screening or anything? Or do I just get to the next gate. It is the same airline all the way, American Airlines. Thank you.

more
    • I'll getting married in 1 MAY,2016

Newcastle upon Tyne Aug 21, 2015 at 10:49 PM

I'll getting married in 1 MAY,2016,but i don't want to bring so many things to the wedding address at Newcastle.
      At least we need stay there for 5 days,and rent lots of things.

more

travel time from heathrow airport to buckingham palace

London Aug 20, 2015 at 4:14 PM

how long does it take to travel from the airport to buckingham palace, by train, or taxi

more
    • Stansted airport to Central London

England Aug 6, 2015 at 11:52 AM

Hello, I am arrivind to Stansted airport, and trying to take the National Express (bus or coach) to get to Central London.
      Which station should I get off?? Thanks

more
    • Stay in terminal 3=going through security again??

Heathrow Aug 1, 2015 at 3:29 PM

We have a short layover at Heathrow. We are arriving from the USA on British Airways in terminal 3 and departing for Prague from terminal 3 in an hour and 20 minutes on British Airways. Will we have to go through security again? If so, will we have enough time? We don't travel until November so we do have time to reschedule out flights if this is going to be a problem. (I have heard horror stories about Heathrow from many of my friends.)

more
    • Heathrow T3

Heathrow Aug 24, 2015 at 10:38 AM

Hi I'm arriving from America in October - arriving at T3. I need to collect luggage, head through security and head to the Heathrow express to Paddington and then catch subway Kings Cross then train to Leeds. Its cheaper to book an advanced single ticket to Leeds but need to know how much time to allow so I can book a fixed time. Any ideas?

more
    • luggage and connection.

Heathrow Aug 23, 2015 at 4:48 AM

I will be returning from San Francisco to LHR to connect to Manchester. I have 1hr to get my connection. Do I have to pick up my luggage first or will it go directly to Manchester? my flights are with BA. I know 1hr is a bit tight but I am not to bothered if i miss the connection and end up on another flight as it is my return journey.

more
    • Turska's Profile Photo

Fullers brewery tour

London Aug 13, 2015 at 1:47 AM

A question for women (or men wearing skirts..). My husband red somewhere one shouldn´t use too "fluttery" (or something like that) clothes at brewery tour. I only wear skirts (if you don´t count walking trips with the dogs..) and my skirts are really long. All my summer skirts are quite thin, and I´d rather not take jeans skirt with me (we have only hand luggage) because it´s so warm and takes a lot of place at bag. We are leaving tomorrow.
      Has anyone been there with skirt? How strikt is this thing? Could I go with quite narrow jersey skirts, even it is not a "pencil skirt", it can "flutter" a LITTLE.. Or maybe I could take some rubber bands and tighten the tail? I don´t find info on their page, and I must pack up my bag tonight, since we will leave at noon tomorrow.

more
    • Heathrow Terminal 4 to Charing Cross - train or underground - connections?

London Aug 10, 2015 at 4:38 PM

Hi - my son (*fit, strong, healthy & 20yrs old!) is travelling with a suitcase and small backpack, arriving at Terminal 4 at 5.35am. He needs to get to Charing Cross to catch a train to Kent. What's the best way please? I can't recall what the changeover at Paddington is like to get to the Bakerloo line - stairs? Escalators? Or is the underground better using Piccadilly Line to Leicester Sq then change to drop down to Charing Cross on the Northern Line? Again, can't recall - is this a change with loads of stairs? I figure it will be rush-hour by the time he is crossing London too, by the time he clears customs and gets luggage etc, so this is probably worth factoring in. He's arriving from New Zealand, so long-haul. Thanks :-)

more
    • Mardai24's Profile Photo

Tower Bridge, Katherines Dock

London Aug 6, 2015 at 8:24 AM

Folks, I have to be in London in early October for 7 nights 2 - 9th. I'm looking for accommodation that will have facilities for me to make something to eat, cup of coffee etc. I know as a city it will be expensive. I have a budget of about €120 per night. Does anyone know of any good sites I can try. Travelling alone so want somewhere safe to walk in. Course I'm attending around the Tower Bridge, Katherines Dock area.

more
    • 60th birthday

Ambleside Aug 29, 2015 at 2:43 AM

traveling to ambleside in the later end of sept having the Friday sat and sunday to do things. party of 10 people around same age, what can you recommend doing. my first visit to lake district

more
    • Visiting Stonehenge

Stonehenge Aug 26, 2015 at 9:54 AM

I will be visiting England in October with my son...a father and son trip! Want to visit Stonehenge, but have heard that many tours just take you to the visitor center. How can I be sure to get up close, or go into and around the site?
      Are there particular tours I should sign on to to get the most out of our visit?

Thank you in advance for your help.

Rod

more
    • Budget accommodation and public transport.

by levlex Online Now Dec 5, 2014 at 6:51 AM

Is it possible to explore this area by using public transport, we are here mainly on a walking holiday but would like to use Bamburgh as a base and visit places like Lindisfarne, coastline walking to nearest villages with a return bus, maybe some walks in the Borders area? Also looking for either self catering accommodation or budget B & B for approx. 5 days in June 2015. Would appreciate any suggestions. Also does anyone know what season the puffins may be visible in this area. Thank you

6 Answers Dec 7, 2014 at 11:27 AM